Old September 12th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default New SkyWave 2879ABTC almost ready to fire up...

On 11 Sep 2006 03:01:49 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
. com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp?

This is exactly how the "multiplexed switching "capabilities of the
SkyWave amplifiers work...

But I thought you said the modification required "no additional
wiring"?

Old September 12th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default New SkyWave 2879ABTC Prototype Working Well...

On 11 Sep 2006 04:40:18 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
. com:

Well, finished the testing of the temperature compensated biasing on
the new amplifier......

......blah, blah, blah. Quit spamming the group and start a blog.

Old September 12th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
.....blah, blah, blah. Quit spamming the group and start a blog.

That's not spam Frank... it's an update. Guess you don't know the
difference. You never were too bright... LOL

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 12th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

ups.com...

Frank Gilliland wrote:
.....blah, blah, blah. Quit spamming the group and start a blog.

That's not spam Frank... it's an update. Guess you don't know the
difference. You never were too bright... LOL

RighteeO, Mr. 3ft X 3ft ground plane man. LOL!!!

Old September 13th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
.....blah, blah, blah. Quit spamming the group and start a blog.

That's not spam Frank... it's an update. Guess you don't know the
difference. You never were too bright... LOL

Frank has it right. Anytime you post it's either spam or you fOaming at the
mouth.

--
Owner of Daryl Hunt
Master of Slow Code

Old September 13th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in
ups.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
.....blah, blah, blah. Quit spamming the group and start a blog.

That's not spam Frank... it's an update. Guess you don't know the
difference. You never were too bright... LOL

www.telstar-electronics.com

I actually like your updates. While I don't need an amplifier like that,
I know the enjoyment of building and testing you get doing it.

The parts, the PC board, the schematic, planning parts placement and
layout, It's fun. :-)

I got an old piece of **** amp in the junk box, I should pull it out and
have a look at it. I think it was a two device texas star. Definately
crap construction as compared to yours.

SC
Old September 13th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Slow Code wrote:
I actually like your updates. While I don't need an amplifier like that,
I know the enjoyment of building and testing you get doing it.

The parts, the PC board, the schematic, planning parts placement and
layout, It's fun. :-)

I got an old piece of **** amp in the junk box, I should pull it out and
have a look at it. I think it was a two device texas star. Definately
crap construction as compared to yours.

Yes, it's fun and you always learn something doing it. These guys like
Frank and DrCoward are nothing but "spoilers"... and complain about
everyone and everything.
It's sad that they don't show us some of there superior designs... and
walk-the-walk so to speak. So far... they are definately back-seat
drivers when it comes to amplifier design... LOL

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 13th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp?

This is exactly how the "multiplexed switching "capabilities of the
SkyWave amplifiers work...

But I thought you said the modification required "no additional wiring"?

What's the cost of a piece of small gauge wire versus the potential
problems with trying to phantom key an amp via the RF carrying coax?
And it must be an awfully challenged operator in the first place that
needs one of those buggy COR circuits sampling, distorting, and de-tuning
the amp's input, giving that chugging lunging sound so ubiquitous on the
bands. Seems a shame to take what appears to be a cosmetically clean
design and clutter it up electronically with a bunch of unnecessary
'features'.

Agreed. Not to mention the possible disaster that could result from
having the phantom key filter circuits go resonant. I wonder if he
ever learned anything about damping.....

Old September 13th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
.....blah, blah, blah. Quit spamming the group and start a blog.

That's not spam Frank... it's an update. Guess you don't know the
difference. You never were too bright... LOL

Frank has it right. Anytime you post it's either spam or you fOaming at
the mouth.

Yep, or he rips me for making an honest living with agriculture. He even
asks for me now if I don't post every two days or so. It's actually just
another excuse for him to post his CB linear spam everytime he hits send
through his free google account. I'll sell more insect control this $eason
than he'll ever sell in CB amplifiers in a lifetime. (or any year for that
matter)
Old September 13th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
Yep, or he rips me for making an honest living with agriculture.

I don't mind you making an honest living from agriculture... just quit
drinking the herbicides.

www.telstar-electronics.com

K1MAN Responds To False Charges From Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers [email protected] Policy 0 January 22nd 06 05:54 PM
READY! AIM! FIRE! Jerry CB 23 March 2nd 04 09:15 PM
READY! AIM! FIRE! Twistedhed CB 11 March 2nd 04 05:29 PM
READY! AIM! FIRE! Beef Taco CB 0 March 1st 04 05:31 AM
Phoenix Az fire on 800mhz L ORANGE TOO JA MORAN Scanner 0 September 13th 03 06:09 PM