Old March 16th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default VE Testing Rules

On Mar 11, 5:49 pm, "
From: on Sun, Mar 11 2007 5:14 am

On Mar 10, 9:59 pm, wrote:
Jim, get over yourself. The story presented in QST is preposterous.
Only you believed it.

He CANNOT, Brian...:-) He's been dogging this one since 1999
and it must be eating him out internally. It's his own
albatross hung around his neck...and that ancient mariner
just can't make it all rhyme.

What next, three year old Extras??? If this group is any indication,
they'd fit right in.

For example, Jimmie thinks that "AF6AY" wrote a comment to
the FCC in 1998 (accepted on FCC 98-143 on 13 Jan 99) but
that is clearly WRONG. Callsign AF6AY wasn't even close on
the sequential callsign list back then. Jimmie was first
licensed in US amateur radio at age 14 so he bridles at any
mention, even suggestions that a minimum age be set at 14.

Who is Jimmie? That is, who is Jimmie to say?

Jimmie is a champion of OOK CW morse code and gets upset
when others don't think that is "important." Jimmie gets
all upset when others don't worship St. Hiram and all the
things that are old in ham radio. Sigh...

Morse Jihadists. Perhaps they've developed a belt of capacitors, all
highly charged...

I replied to Jim Weir of Grass Valley, CA, and a former
Primary candidate for Governor of California. Jimmie
Miccolis of Pennsylvania has never run for any government
elected position and certainly never served in the military.

Say Hi to Jim for me.

But, Jimmie runs his newsgroup "transceiver" at "full break-
in" whenever he hears my "signal." :-)

Perhaps the FCC will require safties and semi-auto capability in this
new breed of assault transceiver.

It be QRM, with heavy QRN on top of it.

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 16th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 16, 3:12�am, wrote:
On Mar 11, 5:49 pm, "

From: on Sun, Mar 11 2007 5:14 am

On Mar 10, 9:59 pm, wrote:
Jim, get over yourself. *The story presented in QST is preposterous.
Only you believed it.

* *He CANNOT, Brian...:-) *He's been dogging this one since 1999
* *and it must be eating him out internally. *It's his own
* *albatross hung around his neck...and that ancient mariner
* *just can't make it all rhyme.

What next, three year old Extras??? *If this group is any indication,
they'd fit right in.

Why not "three year old extras?" :-) No "age discrimination"
is always the Rule with those guys.

"CQ CQ CQ dah dah goo goo..." :-)

New jargon in the ham bands? :-)

* *For example, Jimmie thinks that "AF6AY" wrote a comment to
* *the FCC in 1998 (accepted on FCC 98-143 on 13 Jan 99) but
* *that is clearly WRONG. *Callsign AF6AY wasn't even close on
* *the sequential callsign list back then. *Jimmie was first
* *licensed in US amateur radio at age 14 so he bridles at any
* *mention, even suggestions that a minimum age be set at 14.

Who is Jimmie? *That is, who is Jimmie to say?

"Jimmie crack corn an' he do say..." (from old folk song)

Let's all hope his knuckle-spanking ruler broke...

* *Jimmie is a champion of OOK CW morse code and gets upset
* *when others don't think that is "important." *Jimmie gets
* *all upset when others don't worship St. Hiram and all the
* *things that are old in ham radio. *Sigh...

Morse Jihadists. *Perhaps they've developed a belt of capacitors, all
highly charged...

Watch out, they have Farads and they know how to use them!

* *I replied to Jim Weir of Grass Valley, CA, and a former
* *Primary candidate for Governor of California. *Jimmie
* *Miccolis of Pennsylvania has never run for any government
* *elected position and certainly never served in the military.

Say Hi to Jim for me.

I'd like to meet Jim Weir sometime. Never have even though
I've been very near his airport works while visiting Jim Hall,
KD6JG. Jim Weir had his picture in the LA Times as one of
a great number of Primary election candidates. He's a doer,
not a diss-cusser like so many in here.

* *But, Jimmie runs his newsgroup "transceiver" at "full break-
* *in" whenever he hears my "signal." *:-)

Perhaps the FCC will require safties and semi-auto capability in this
new breed of assault transceiver.

That's up to the NTIA...or perhaps the NRA. :-)

FCC might step in, perhaps, if the computer-control of rigs
became commonplace. :-)

...meanwhile, awaiting some radio stuff...

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 17th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
On Mar 16, 12:56 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 15, 8:05 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 15, 9:15 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Indeed. I thought the end-times might be near...
then I took a look on .Moderated. "PRB-1 and CCNR" finally caught up
with the long-time leader "Tubes." Funny how the long-timers
gravitate to the subject of tubes. Some things never change and the
end-times are again delayed.
You're free to start a topic on something in which you have some
experience or expertise if you feel that you can't contribute to a topic
already under discussion. Maybe you could contribute some general
knowledge of end fed antennas or begin a thread on the hows of DXing.
Dave, what I can't do on .Moderated is discuss the exploits of a world
famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. Though true,
it is forbidden.
You could certainly give it a try, hot-ham-and-cheese. I've seen
nothing forbidding it. The only trouble is that you'd have to stick to
civil conversation and you might have to stick to facts. In this case,
you've stuck to innuendo. It has been repeatedly pointed out to you by
me and others, that any station is responsible for his own operation
under the regs of the country which has issued his license.
What amateur rules require you to make contact with out of band
Frenchmen on 6 Meters?

What amateur rules require you to make any contacts with anyone anywhere
at any time?

So you have discretion in such matters yet you choose to plunge into
the abyss of poor amateur practice. Bully for you.

I've done no such thing at any time, no matter how hard you try to make
it appear so, hot-ham-and-cheese.

Dave K8MN

Old March 18th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

" wrote in
ups.com:

On Mar 15, 1:20�pm, robert casey wrote:
* *Most of this thread is filled with the usual filth and insults
* *of the immature male kind who seem to have never out-
* *grown their middle-school mentalities. *That's a sad thing
* *but we don't really know if those anony-mousies are
* *at all INTO amateur radio. *Nevertheless, I am INTO US
* *amateur radio and intend to stay for a while...and also to *
*speak my mind at MY discretion. *:-)

* *73, Len *AF6AY

Len, you'll find that the great majority of hams who get on the air in
the ham bands are quite well behaved and friendly. *This newsgroup is
not a representative sample of hams. *So get on the air (if you haven't
already) and have fun with the various modes and aspects of ham radio!

73 de WA2ISE

Roger that, Bob. Some long-time listening to the HF and 2m bands
have shown me that. :-)

When the new equipment arrives, I'll get busy re-arranging the home
office for its new "radio room" function (at least in one corner).
It may
have to be with some #14 wire strung through the row of cypresses
along one side of my property (for under 10m frequency bands) but
that's life. :-)

73, Len AF6AY

Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.

Alun N3KIP

Old March 19th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

" wrote roups.com:

Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.

Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago." Miccolis MANUFACTURED
some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
out of context at the time.

I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
until the 17th of February. That's the truth regardless of how
others twist around old statements of mine. However, once
IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
towards that goal with more attention. There is NO extra-
special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
pass those tests. All it takes is some attention-focused
work.

Len AF6AY

Old March 19th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago."

No, you most certainly did not. You made a boast over seven years back
of going for an "Extra right out of the box". You did squat for those
years.

Miccolis MANUFACTURED
some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
until the 17th of February. That's the truth regardless of how
others twist around old statements of mine.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

However, once
IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
towards that goal with more attention. There is NO extra-
special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
pass those tests.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

All it takes is some attention-focused
work.

Many told you so. You usually dismissed them. You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Dave K8MN
Old March 20th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

" wrote roups.com:
[...]

Dave, how's that run for the Roanoke Division Director coming?

Instead of becoming Division Manager "Right Out Of The Box," you might
want to try being a Section Manager first, and work your way up the
ladder. I understand that your Section, West Virginia, will be having
a run-off soon, so you might as well start now. After all, you have a
finite time for eligibility and in which to participate. All it takes
is some attention-focused work.

Best of Luck

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org/smterms.html

Old March 20th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Seven Years, Two Months Ago Today

" wrote groups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP
he did just as he said he would years ago

* *I did NOT "do as I said years ago." *

No, you most certainly did not. *You made a boast over seven years
back of going for an "Extra right out of the box". *
You did squat for those years.

Dave,

Haven't you figured out Len's game yet?

It's really simple.

He plants errors in his posts, then argues with
and derides some of those who point them out.

* *MANUFACTURED
* *some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
* *out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. *That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

Here's a link to that posting of Jan 19, 2000:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

And the famous quote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

"an old friend" knows what Len meant.

You know what Len meant.

I know what Len meant.

Anyone who understands plain English who reads that
post knows what Len meant.

btw - more recently, Len boasted that he could pass the
Extra with or without the Morse Code test. Since he
waited until after the Morse Code test was eliminated,
it proved to be an idle boast.

* *I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
* *until the 17th of February.

Note that Len does not mention which year!

I think he meant Feb 17 1999, soon after the Reply Comments
to 98-143 closed. You know - the Reply Comments where he
proposed a minimum age of 14 years for any class of Amateur
Radio license.

See? It's all other people's fault. Even though Len wrote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

way back then.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

* *However, once
* *IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Do you think Len has an HF amateur radio station of his own
operational yet?

If he ever does set up a station, do you think it will be a
state-of-the-art experimental station, mostly homebrew?

Or do you think it will be an assembly of off-the-shelf
manufactured equipment?

* *Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
* *towards that goal with more attention. *

I could have told Len that back in 1970, when I got my Extra
in the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

There is NO extra-
* *special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
* *pass those tests. *

Yup. Yet it took Len all those years to get his.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

Not a one.

* *All it takes is some attention-focused
* *work.

How about that! Even with all of Len's PROFESSIONAL experience,
it took *work* for him to pass the Extra.

I didn't think it was work at all, back in 1970. Nor now.

Many told you so. *You usually dismissed them. *You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Consider Len's game, Dave. He says he will do things, then
doesn't do them. Like the way he said he would leave rrap
when the Morse Code test was eliminated. Element 1
went away, but Len didn't.

Or he says things and then denies he said them. Then folks
waste time pointing out his errors, and he gets to insult them
for telling the truth.

Keep at it and he'll toss in the Byte Brothers quote and
other insults.

Here's that link anc quote, again:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

And he finally did - seven years later. Now he's finally
a new radio amateur. A novice, beginner, tyro, tenderfoot,
wet-behind-the-ears, just-out-of-the-box newbie to
amateur radio.

Go a little easy on Len. He needs quite a bit of Elmering, I think.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old March 20th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP
he did just as he said he would years ago
� �I did NOT "do as I said years ago." �

No, you most certainly did not. �You made a boast over seven years
back of going for an "Extra right out of the box". �
You did squat for those years.

Dave,

Haven't you figured out Len's game yet?

It's really simple.

He plants errors in his posts, then argues with
and derides some of those who point them out.

Well he *makes* a great many factual errors. I didn't think they were
all planted though.

� �MANUFACTURED
� �some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
� �out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. �That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

Here's a link to that posting of Jan 19, 2000:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

And the famous quote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

"an old friend" knows what Len meant.

You know what Len meant.

I know what Len meant.

Anyone who understands plain English who reads that
post knows what Len meant.

I'm banking on that. He bragged. He fell.

btw - more recently, Len boasted that he could pass the
Extra with or without the Morse Code test. Since he
waited until after the Morse Code test was eliminated,
it proved to be an idle boast.

It is something he'll never have the opportunity to find out.

� �I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
� �until the 17th of February.

Note that Len does not mention which year!

No, he does not.

I think he meant Feb 17 1999, soon after the Reply Comments
to 98-143 closed. You know - the Reply Comments where he
proposed a minimum age of 14 years for any class of Amateur
Radio license.

That's the truth regardless of how
� �others twist around old statements of mine. �

See? It's all other people's fault. Even though Len wrote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

way back then.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

� �However, once
� �IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Do you think Len has an HF amateur radio station of his own
operational yet?

Noooooo.

If he ever does set up a station, do you think it will be a
state-of-the-art experimental station, mostly homebrew?

Noooooo.

Or do you think it will be an assembly of off-the-shelf
manufactured equipment?

Assuredly.

� �Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
� �towards that goal with more attention. �

I could have told Len that back in 1970, when I got my Extra
in the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

I believe you could have. Len just procrastinated for decades. He
couldn't overcome inertia.

There is NO extra-
� �special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
� �pass those tests. �

Yup. Yet it took Len all those years to get his.

Inertia.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

Not a one.

So where does Len get his ideas? Does he forget that *he* is the one
who has stated such things?

� �All it takes is some attention-focused
� �work.

How about that! Even with all of Len's PROFESSIONAL experience,
it took *work* for him to pass the Extra.

But what has Len said of "work" in the past?

I didn't think it was work at all, back in 1970. Nor now.

You wouldn't think it would be much work for a PROFESSIONAL.

Many told you so. �You usually dismissed them. �You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Consider Len's game, Dave. He says he will do things, then
doesn't do them. Like the way he said he would leave rrap
when the Morse Code test was eliminated. Element 1
went away, but Len didn't.

If you couple his deliberate and other factual errors with the fact that
you can't take him at his word, you aren't left with much.

Or he says things and then denies he said them. Then folks
waste time pointing out his errors, and he gets to insult them
for telling the truth.

....or says that those things are MANUFACTURED out of whole cloth or that
they are taken out of context.

Keep at it and he'll toss in the Byte Brothers quote and
other insults.

....or tell you to DROP IT!

Here's that link anc quote, again:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

And he finally did - seven years later. Now he's finally
a new radio amateur. A novice, beginner, tyro, tenderfoot,
wet-behind-the-ears, just-out-of-the-box newbie to
amateur radio.

Yup.

Go a little easy on Len. He needs quite a bit of Elmering, I think.

Most neophytes do.

Dave K8MN