Old March 20th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Seven Years, Two Months Ago Today

wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:42�pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:
" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP
he did just as he said he would years ago
� �I did NOT "do as I said years ago." �

No, you most certainly did not. �You made a boast over seven years
back of going for an "Extra right out of the box". �
You did squat for those years.

Dave,

Haven't you figured out Len's game yet?

It's really simple.

He plants errors in his posts, then argues with
and derides some of those who point them out.

Well he *makes* a great many factual errors. I didn't think they were
all planted though.

� �MANUFACTURED
� �some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
� �out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. �That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

Here's a link to that posting of Jan 19, 2000:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

And the famous quote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

"an old friend" knows what Len meant.

You know what Len meant.

I know what Len meant.

Anyone who understands plain English who reads that
post knows what Len meant.

I'm banking on that. He bragged. He fell.

btw - more recently, Len boasted that he could pass the
Extra with or without the Morse Code test. Since he
waited until after the Morse Code test was eliminated,
it proved to be an idle boast.

It is something he'll never have the opportunity to find out.

� �I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
� �until the 17th of February.

Note that Len does not mention which year!

No, he does not.

I think he meant Feb 17 1999, soon after the Reply Comments
to 98-143 closed. You know - the Reply Comments where he
proposed a minimum age of 14 years for any class of Amateur
Radio license.

That's the truth regardless of how
� �others twist around old statements of mine. �

See? It's all other people's fault. Even though Len wrote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

way back then.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

� �However, once
� �IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Do you think Len has an HF amateur radio station of his own
operational yet?

Noooooo.

If he ever does set up a station, do you think it will be a
state-of-the-art experimental station, mostly homebrew?

Noooooo.

Or do you think it will be an assembly of off-the-shelf
manufactured equipment?

Assuredly.

� �Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
� �towards that goal with more attention. �

I could have told Len that back in 1970, when I got my Extra
in the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

I believe you could have. Len just procrastinated for decades. He
couldn't overcome inertia.

There is NO extra-
� �special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
� �pass those tests. �

Yup. Yet it took Len all those years to get his.

Inertia.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

Not a one.

So where does Len get his ideas? Does he forget that *he* is the one
who has stated such things?

� �All it takes is some attention-focused
� �work.

How about that! Even with all of Len's PROFESSIONAL experience,
it took *work* for him to pass the Extra.

But what has Len said of "work" in the past?

I didn't think it was work at all, back in 1970. Nor now.

You wouldn't think it would be much work for a PROFESSIONAL.

Many told you so. �You usually dismissed them. �You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Consider Len's game, Dave. He says he will do things, then
doesn't do them. Like the way he said he would leave rrap
when the Morse Code test was eliminated. Element 1
went away, but Len didn't.

If you couple his deliberate and other factual errors with the fact that
you can't take him at his word, you aren't left with much.

Or he says things and then denies he said them. Then folks
waste time pointing out his errors, and he gets to insult them
for telling the truth.

....or says that those things are MANUFACTURED out of whole cloth or that
they are taken out of context.

Keep at it and he'll toss in the Byte Brothers quote and
other insults.

....or tell you to DROP IT!

Here's that link anc quote, again:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

And he finally did - seven years later. Now he's finally
a new radio amateur. A novice, beginner, tyro, tenderfoot,
wet-behind-the-ears, just-out-of-the-box newbie to
amateur radio.

Yup.

Go a little easy on Len. He needs quite a bit of Elmering, I think.

Most neophytes do.

Dave K8MN
Old March 20th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago."

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

No, you most certainly did not. You made a boast over seven years
back of going for an "Extra right out of the box". ?
You did squat for those years.

Dave,

Haven't you figured out Len's game yet?

It's really simple.

He plants errors in his posts, then argues with
and derides some of those who point them out.

Well he *makes* a great many factual errors. *I didn't think they were
all planted though.

I didn't say they were *all* planted.

But consider the one under discussion. Len
wrote in January 2000 that he was going for
Extra out of the box. No mention of waiting for
the Morse Code test to be removed. Then he
finally does it seven years and some days later.
All easily verified facts.

But then he says he did not do as he said
he would do, years ago.

Why would someone put such an obvious and
easily-disproved error into a posting here?

MANUFACTURED
some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
out of context at the time.

See? There he goes! The context is crystal clear, yet
he says the whole thing is "MANUFACTURED".

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

Here's a link to that posting of Jan 19, 2000:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

And the famous quote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

"an old friend" knows what Len meant.

You know what Len meant.

I know what Len meant.

Anyone who understands plain English who reads that
post knows what Len meant.

I'm banking on that. *He bragged. *He fell.

He finally did it, though.

btw - more recently, Len boasted that he could pass the
Extra with or without the Morse Code test. Since he
waited until after the Morse Code test was eliminated,
it proved to be an idle boast.

It is something he'll never have the opportunity to find out.

I'm sure a simulated test could be arranged.

[...]

It's really simple: Len wants others to do as he says,
not as he does.

Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
towards that goal with more attention.

I could have told Len that back in 1970, when I got my Extra
in the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

I believe you could have. *Len just procrastinated for decades. *He
couldn't overcome inertia.

Nobody really knows.

* *There is NO extra-
special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
pass those tests.

Yup. Yet it took Len all those years to get his.

Inertia.

Maybe.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

Not a one.

So where does Len get his ideas? *Does he forget that *he* is the one
who has stated such things?

Actually, that's probably true.

Have you forgotten the post where I explained the basics of the
psychological terms "projection" and "transference"?

Here's a handy link, for reference:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en

or

http://tinyurl.com/2jsrdb

All it takes is some attention-focused
work.

How about that! Even with all of Len's PROFESSIONAL experience,
it took *work* for him to pass the Extra.

But what has Len said of "work" in the past?

Refresh my memory.

I didn't think it was work at all, back in 1970. Nor now.

You wouldn't think it would be much work for a PROFESSIONAL.

I do recall Len complaining that learning Morse Code was
hard work for him. He claimed to have reached 7 or 8
wpm way back when.

Many told you so. You usually dismissed them. You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Consider Len's game, Dave. He says he will do things, then
doesn't do them. Like the way he said he would leave rrap
when the Morse Code test was eliminated. Element 1
went away, but Len didn't.

If you couple his deliberate and other factual errors with the fact that
you can't take him at his word, you aren't left with much.

Projection. Transference.

Or he says things and then denies he said them. Then folks
waste time pointing out his errors, and he gets to insult them
for telling the truth.

...or says that those things are MANUFACTURED out of whole cloth or that
they are taken out of context.

Yet we never get an explanation of the context.

Keep at it and he'll toss in the Byte Brothers quote and
other insults.

...or tell you to DROP IT!

Or to go get....you know the rest.

And after all that, he will complain about the 'filth' in a thread.

Here's that link anc quote, again:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

And he finally did - seven years later. Now he's finally
a new radio amateur. A novice, beginner, tyro, tenderfoot,
wet-behind-the-ears, just-out-of-the-box newbie to
amateur radio.

Yup.

Go a little easy on Len. He needs quite a bit of Elmering, I think.

Most neophytes do.

Ah yes, neophyte. What the Gs call 'nippers'.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old March 27th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...g/71787776dd60
6ca9?dmode=source&hl=en

or

http://tinyurl.com/2jsrdb

[...]

A nipper is a child - on air we call them 'harmonics'. Oddly enough, we
refer to both spurii and children as 'sprogs' also.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK

Old March 27th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:
" wrote
roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen.
Welcome aboard. Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago."

Ah yes, neophyte. What the Gs call 'nippers'.

A nipper is a child - on air we call them 'harmonics'. Oddly enough, we
refer to both spurii and children as 'sprogs' also.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK

Alun, for an obvious Anglophile Miccolis doesn't know much. Tsk,
you had best "Elmer" him in such things. Or perhaps have him
watch PBS-TV on a 48-hour marathon of BBS telly shows from
the 1970s.

One of the problems that created the total spam in this newsgroup
is the "newsgroup bloggers" such as Miccolis, vainly trying to find
an outlet for his unrepentant evangelism for morse code mode...and
trying to pretend he is one of the olde-tymers in hamme raddio.

I don't pretend to be one of those "auld hammes" but I've been IN
and ON radio since early 1953...in many radio services, including
being a third-party guest of several licensed amateurs during
live contacts. Miccolis' spite is so long-lasting and ever-present
that he feels compelled to continue his denigrations. No matter.
After the first weeks of that years ago, he is no more than the
usual computer-modem communicator whose ego has been
deflated and thus tries to "get back" at his imaginary "enemies."

---

On February 23rd of 2007 there was a sedate "revolution" in U.S.
amateur radio and the elimination of the code test from all license
class examinations. That obviously HURT many of the egos of
the olde-tymers who now prided themselves (inordinately) on their
mastership of morse and, more importantly, being "better than
average amateurs" for having gained the amateur extra class
license. They loved the status, the rank, the privileges, the
prestige and were not above shoving it on all "lesser" beings in
the hobby. That was morally wrong but one cannot say that to
these mighty macho morsemen without repercussions for at
least a decade's worth of spite on their part.

The "revolution" happened but few took part. At most the changes
taking place were a lot of class upgrades in the USA. There was
NO ground-swell of "no-coders" and "CB-types" suddenly filling the
HF bands with "bad behavior." [the bad behavior was already there
and alive from the already-tested-in-morse-code licensees]

The "revolution" had already begun in 1991 with the creation of
the no-code-test Technician Class. That single category is the
ONLY class responsible for keeping the total number of USA
amateur licensees from falling drastically in numbers. Let's face
it, the "actuarial tables" WILL have their way with ALL human
endeavors, no exceptions. USA amateur radio was growing in
age all along but its greying members were busy, busy denying
it while trying to forget about their own mortality, hearkening
back
to a time when they were young and the world (to them) was new.
Those olde-tymers were too busy making themselves feel
"important" to notice that CHANGES were happening in the
hobby. Such denial is one of the first signs of decay in any
human endeavor...but they denied that, mightily.

I didn't really consider getting an amateur radio license until
February 17th of this year. I'd had (and still do) a commercial
license since March 1956. But, it would be, I thought, a FUN
hobby in my retirement years. I don't need the experience to
"further my career" (I've had one, reasonably successfully) or
"give back" anything to anybody. I was not interested in
"emergency work" or volunteerism in radio...I am a volunteer
in other things. Neither am I interested in advancing the state
of the radio art just for the sake of saying I am advancing the
state of the radio art. Theory and construction are simply part
of the fun, of being able to legally try out some experiments
which are fun to do in themselves. Hobbies are about personal
enjoyment for its own sake...although many pervert their own
desires to "be someone" by taking up certain hobbies in order
to brag about it.

Was the license exam "hard?" No. On the most objective
comparison, it would be on the order of college-level quarter
tests in first or second year of formal study...some memorization
of regulations and new terms and procedures specifically about
amateur radio practice. To anyone who has been IN radio (of
almost any kind) for a decade, it was not difficult. Test element
4 question pool contains about 16 times the minimum specified
number of 10 (as regulated by the FCC) questions and the
"hard" part could be said to be in trying to spot the distractors
in phrasing/syntax obviously put there by the VEC QPC. The
"hard" part might be the waiting between elements while a
group of 20 goes through its required tests and grading, most
of whom were applicants for Technician and General class
licenses in my exam group. By observation I was the only
one going "extra out of the box"...and apparently the only one
in the experience of that ARRL VEC test team to have done
so...at least recently.

Did that test experience and license grant "make me better?"
Not really. What I knew I already knew about radio in general,
from theoretical to original design to operating. The only thing
unique in USA amateur radio is the regulations and the on-air
procedure. Otherwise it is no "better" than any other radio
service...who all have their own specific regulations and
procedure and jargon.

I enjoy some minor prestige in the sequential call assignment
for "newbies" who have achieved amateur extra. It yields a lot
of freedom in operating the bands below 23 cm..no real
restrictions based on Class of license. It gains some attention
from dealers of amateur radio equipment, some good and some
bad considering I ask pointed questions about certain products
and have always been a "hard sell" for salesmen. :-)

It should be a lot of FUN. Except in this (and similar) newsgroups
where the emphasis seems to be on general in-fighting of the
"establishment" versus (or is that 'verses' waxing poetic?) those
seeking change. I have the advantage of knowing other amateurs
from past acquaintenceship and work experience and already
have made "contacts" with some of those. No "elmering" needed
among friends. Real friends, not the false labels of those
pretending
to be "friends."

In this first month of the "revolution," it is like "they gave a
war
but nobody showed up." :-) Wouldn't it be nice if all wars
were like that?

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 28th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 27, 2:44 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:

In this first month of the "revolution," it is like "they gave a
war
but nobody showed up." :-) Wouldn't it be nice if all wars
were like that?

73, Len AF6AY

They gave a war back in the day... Miccolis didn't show up then,
either.

Old March 28th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 27, 5:19�pm, wrote:
On Mar 27, 2:44 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:

* *In this first month of the "revolution," it is like "they gave a war
* *but nobody showed up." *:-) * Wouldn't it be nice if all wars
* *were like that?

They gave a war back in the day... *Miccolis didn't show up then,
either.

True, but he KNOWS ALL ABOUT it. Sigh...and isn't reticent
about chiding volunteer military veterans. :-(

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 29th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

AF6AY wrote:
On Mar 27, 5:19�pm, wrote:

They gave a war back in the day... �Miccolis didn't show up then,
either.

True, but he KNOWS ALL ABOUT it. Sigh...and isn't reticent
about chiding volunteer military veterans. :-(

Neither are you or hot-ham-and-cheese, old sojer. You two act like
you're super citizens whose military service has elevated you above others.

Just a couple of days ago you ridiculed someone who wrote about the
Vietnam War Memorial. You bleated something about Korea. You didn't
serve in Korea during the Korean War. You made up your classic tale of
what it is like to undergo an artillery barrage. Your embellishment of
your military service is legend.

Dave K8MN
Old March 28th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default *What* Revolution?

wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:
" wrote
roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen.
Welcome aboard. Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago."
Ah yes, neophyte. What the Gs call 'nippers'.

A nipper is a child - on air we call them 'harmonics'. Oddly enough, we
refer to both spurii and children as 'sprogs' also.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK

* *Alun, for an obvious Anglophile
doesn't know much. *

"Nipper" is quite accurate in your case, Len. Your behavior
here is often that of an overtired, spoiled chiled ;-)

* *One of the problems that created the total spam in this newsgroup
* *is the "newsgroup bloggers" such as
vainly trying to find
* *an outlet for his unrepentant evangelism for morse code mode...and
* *trying to pretend he is one of the olde-tymers in hamme raddio.

Len, you told us back on September 22, 2006 that when the
Morse Code test was eliminated you would leave this
newsgroup. But here you are, griping and snipling and
complaining because someone dares to disagree with you.

So typical.

* *I don't pretend to be one of those "auld hammes" but I've been IN
* *and ON radio since early 1953...in many radio services, including
* *being a third-party guest of several licensed amateurs during
* *live contacts.

So what? Anyone can observe. Anyone can say a few words
into the microphone as a guest.

spite is so long-lasting and ever-present
* *that he feels compelled to continue his denigrations.

What denigrations, Len?

Do I call you by your last name or insulting diminutive nicknames?

*No matter.
* *After the first weeks of that years ago, he is no more than the
* *usual computer-modem communicator whose ego has been
* *deflated and thus tries to "get back" at his imaginary "enemies."

There you are, Len, projecting your own behavior and motivations
onto others. Says it all, really.
* *---

* *On February 23rd of 2007 there was a sedate "revolution" in U.S.
* *amateur radio and the elimination of the code test from all license
* *class examinations. *

A revolution? Hardly.

In 1990, it became possible to get a US amateur license of any
license class with only a 5 wpm Morse Code test and a medical
waiver. The waiver required only a simple doctor's note.

On Feb 14 1991, the Technician class license lost its Morse Code
test.

On April 15, 2000, all Morse Code testing except 5 wpm was
eliminated in the USA.

That obviously HURT many of the egos of
* *the olde-tymers who now prided themselves (inordinately) on their
* *mastership of morse and, more importantly, being "better than
* *average amateurs" for having gained the amateur extra class
* *license. *They loved the status, the rank, the privileges, the
* *prestige and were not above shoving it on all "lesser" beings in
* *the hobby. *

You're projecting again, Len.

That was morally wrong but one cannot say that to
* *these mighty macho morsemen without repercussions for at
* *least a decade's worth of spite on their part.

What was morally wrong, Len? Accomplishing something that
you had not?

Is it wrong to be proud of an accomplishment?

* *The "revolution" happened but few took part. *At most the changes
* *taking place were a lot of class upgrades in the USA. *There was
* *NO ground-swell of "no-coders" and "CB-types" suddenly filling the
* *HF bands with "bad behavior." *[the bad behavior was already there
* *and alive from the already-tested-in-morse-code licensees]

Really?

Was ex-KG6IRO Morse Code tested?

You are right about one thing, Len: Almost nobody came.

We were told many times that the Morse Code testing was
stifling "growth". That many "otherwise qualified people" were
being kept out of amateur radio by the "barrier" of even a 5 wpm
Morse Code test.

We were told that a bright and shining New Era would dawn when
it went away.

Yet the number of US hams as of March 27 2007 is *less* than it was on
Feb 22. 2007.

Perhaps that's just a daily anomaly. We shall see. But it's clear
there's
no flood of new people at all. So much for the "barrier".

* *The "revolution" had already begun in 1991 with the creation of
* *the no-code-test Technician Class. *That single category is the
* *ONLY class responsible for keeping the total number of USA
* *amateur licensees from falling drastically in numbers. *

You've made that same, tired old mistake for years, Len. It's just
wrong.

Let's face
* *it, the "actuarial tables" WILL have their way with ALL human
* *endeavors, no exceptions.

So what?

*USA amateur radio was growing in
* *age all along but its greying members were busy, busy denying
* *it while trying to forget about their own mortality, hearkening
back
* *to a time when they were young and the world (to them) was new.

Yet it was *you* who proposed *banning* anyone under the age of
14 from amateur radio in the USA.

The US population has been getting older. Median age in 2000, as
measured by the census, was over 39 years - up by more
than four years since 1990. Americans are living longer, having
fewer children, and having them later in life.

* *Those olde-tymers were too busy making themselves feel
* *"important" to notice that CHANGES were happening in the
* *hobby. *Such denial is one of the first signs of decay in any
* *human endeavor...but they denied that, mightily.

Who denied changes, Len? Not me. Some changes are good,
others aren't.

You resisted changes to the zoning in your neighborhood. You
didn't want it to CHANGE from the way it was when you bought
your house there. Let the others go someplace else - *you*
wouldn't accept that change!

It happened anyway.

* *I didn't really consider getting an amateur radio license until
* *February 17th of this year.

Your own words prove that to be completely false, Len.

For example, back on January 19, 2000, you wrote:

"I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

(handy link to the post)

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

That was soon after the dropping of all but the 5 wpm code
test. You have called it a "throwaway line" and "taken out of
context" but never said what that's supposed to mean.

Anyone who bothers to click on the link and read what you
wrote can see what you clearly intended. KB9RQZ remembers
it clearly - is he wrong? Is everyone else who read your
"out of the box" boast also wrong?

Or were you just lying to us then?

But that's not the only example

Back on July 15, 2005, you wrote these words in one
of your long insulting diatribes:

"Tried to learn morse for 13 WPM back in the early 60s, reached about
8 WPM, and GAVE UP. "

(handy link)

http://tinyurl.com/25opue

Anyone who bothers to click on the link and read what you
wrote can see what you clearly intended. You were trying
to reach 13 wpm so you could get a General or Conditional
class US Amateur Radio license.

Or were you lying about 8 WPM?

Back then, some classes of US license only
required 5 wpm Morse Code. But a "Novice" or "Technician"
weren't good enough for you then. Or now.

*I'd had (and still do) a commercial
* *license since March 1956.

But not an amateur license. Not a license that would permit
you to have your own amateur station, nor a license that
would permit you to operate another's amateur station.

But, it would be, I thought, a FUN
* *hobby in my retirement years. *

It's been fun for me these past 40 years. No need to
wait for retirement at all.

I don't need the experience to
* *"further my career" (I've had one, reasonably successfully) or
* *"give back" anything to anybody.

All besides the point. The truth is that you did consider
getting an amateur license long before Feb 17 2007. Otherwise,
why were you trying to learn 13 wpm in the 1960s?
Why did you make your "out of the box" claim in 2000?

*I was not interested in
* *"emergency work" or volunteerism in radio...I am a volunteer
* *in other things.

OK, fine. Nobody says you have to volunteer.

The truth is that some amateurs do volunteer and do provide
emergency and public service communications. You may
deny that fact, but it's still true.

*Neither am I interested in advancing the state
* *of the radio art just for the sake of saying I am advancing the
* *state of the radio art.

IOW, you're not going to build anything despite all your running
down of other's accomplishments.

*Theory and construction are simply part
* *of the fun, of being able to legally try out some experiments
* *which are fun to do in themselves.

Sounds like you're rationalizing being an 'appliance operator', Len.

*Hobbies are about personal
* *enjoyment for its own sake...although many pervert their own
* *desires to "be someone" by taking up certain hobbies in order
* *to brag about it.

Gee....who does the most bragging here....why, that would be
*you*, Len!

[...]

So?

[...]

It's not like your actually going to build any radios, Len.

* *It should be a lot of FUN.

It *is*, Len. It's been FUN for me for 40 years - so far.

It's interesting that you say "it should be a lot of FUN" - speaking
of the
future.

Do you have your Amateur Radio station set up yet? Made any
interesting contacts yet?

*Except in this (and similar) newsgroups
* *where the emphasis seems to be on general in-fighting of the
* *"establishment" versus (or is that 'verses' waxing poetic?) those
* *seeking change.

Kinda like people not wanting the zoning in their neighborhood to
change, ever? Not wanting "APARTMENTS" anywhere near them,
even though said "APARTMENTS" were actually in-law suites?
Not wanting a 15 acre piece of *private* land to be
developed because doing so might 'ruin their view'?

*I have the advantage of knowing other amateurs
* *from past acquaintenceship and work experience and already
* *have made "contacts" with some of those.

Using Amateur Radio?

*No "elmering" needed
* *among friends.

Ah yes, Len already knows it all.

*Real friends, not the false labels of those
pretending
* *to be "friends."

In other words, you've had the license a month but haven't done
anything with it. That's OK...you don't have to do a thing except
follow the rules.

* *In this first month of the "revolution," it is like "they gave a
war*but nobody showed up." *:-) *

Yep. All those folks who were going to be hams and bring the New
Era...

Wouldn't it be nice if all wars
* *were like that?

Sure would be. Some of us were saying that 40+ years ago, too.

Jim, N2EY