Old March 12th 04, 11:55 AM
William

JJ wrote in message ...
William wrote:

JJ thinks they are. My cell site is always down, his ham radio is
always up. That is the picture he paints.

Please show us where I made those statements.

See your second post , this subject.
Old March 12th 04, 06:07 PM
JJ

Witless Willie wrote:
JJ wrote in message ...

William wrote:

JJ thinks they are. My cell site is always down, his ham radio is
always up. That is the picture he paints.

Please show us where I made those statements.

See your second post , this subject.

Your still hallucinating, I have never stated that your's or anyone
else's cell is always down, but I can say that I have never been without
ham radio capability.

Old March 13th 04, 01:11 AM
William

JJ wrote in message ...
Witless Willie wrote:
JJ wrote in message ...

William wrote:

JJ thinks they are. My cell site is always down, his ham radio is
always up. That is the picture he paints.

Please show us where I made those statements.

See your second post , this subject.

Your still hallucinating, I have never stated that your's or anyone
else's cell is always down, but I can say that I have never been without
ham radio capability.

You lie. You were w/o ham capability prior to becoming licensed.

See below for your other malstatements.

From: JJ )
Subject: Ham-radio is a hobby not a service

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Date: 2004-03-11 20:23:50 PST

And witless William also wrote:

I'm just so happy that you finally acknowledged that mere cell phones
play a major role in disaster communications. Or did you?

Sure they have and can, but when the cell network is down, ham radio
will be there if needed.
Post a follow-up to this message
Old March 16th 04, 04:16 AM
JJ

William wrote:

I'm just so happy that you finally acknowledged that mere cell phones
play a major role in disaster communications. Or did you?

Sure they have and can, but when the cell network is down, ham radio
will be there if needed.
Post a follow-up to this message

And how in your infinite witless wisdom did you get out of this that I
said that cells phones are always down and my ham radio is always up?
I w i l l t y p e t h i s v e r y s l o o o o l y s o t r y t o
k e e p u p. I s a i d, *W H E N* t h e c e l l n e t w o r k i
s d o w n. The statement, *WHEN* it is down, implys that it is
sometimes up.

Old March 16th 04, 11:58 AM
William

JJ wrote in message ...
William wrote:

I'm just so happy that you finally acknowledged that mere cell phones
play a major role in disaster communications. Or did you?

Sure they have and can, but when the cell network is down, ham radio
will be there if needed.
Post a follow-up to this message

And how in your infinite witless wisdom did you get out of this that I
said that cells phones are always down and my ham radio is always up?
I w i l l t y p e t h i s v e r y s l o o o o l y s o t r y t o
k e e p u p. I s a i d, *W H E N* t h e c e l l n e t w o r k i
s d o w n. The statement, *WHEN* it is down, implys that it is
sometimes up.

"Ham radio WILL be there..."

What about the part where ham radios never break down down?

Old March 17th 04, 02:13 AM
JJ

William wrote:

JJ wrote in message ...

William wrote:

I'm just so happy that you finally acknowledged that mere cell phones
play a major role in disaster communications. Or did you?

Sure they have and can, but when the cell network is down, ham radio
will be there if needed.
Post a follow-up to this message

And how in your infinite witless wisdom did you get out of this that I
said that cells phones are always down and my ham radio is always up?
I w i l l t y p e t h i s v e r y s l o o o o l y s o t r y t o
k e e p u p. I s a i d, *W H E N* t h e c e l l n e t w o r k i
s d o w n. The statement, *WHEN* it is down, implys that it is
sometimes up.

"Ham radio WILL be there..."

What about the part where ham radios never break down down?

Again you hallucinate, enlighten us, where did I ever state that ham
radios never break down?

Old March 17th 04, 12:10 PM
William

JJ wrote in message ...
William wrote:

JJ wrote in message ...

William wrote:

I'm just so happy that you finally acknowledged that mere cell phones
play a major role in disaster communications. Or did you?

Sure they have and can, but when the cell network is down, ham radio
will be there if needed.
Post a follow-up to this message

And how in your infinite witless wisdom did you get out of this that I
said that cells phones are always down and my ham radio is always up?
I w i l l t y p e t h i s v e r y s l o o o o l y s o t r y t o
k e e p u p. I s a i d, *W H E N* t h e c e l l n e t w o r k i
s d o w n. The statement, *WHEN* it is down, implys that it is
sometimes up.

"Ham radio WILL be there..."

What about the part where ham radios never break down down?

Again you hallucinate, enlighten us, where did I ever state that ham
radios never break down?

I think I've got your statements figured out.

Cell phones or cell phone systems may break down and leave you w/o communications.

Amateur radio may break down and leave you without communications.
Old March 16th 04, 04:09 AM
JJ

William wrote:

You lie. You were w/o ham capability prior to becoming licensed.

It would be obvious to anyone with more than three working brain cells
that the statement applies to the period in which I hold a valid ham
radio operator's license.

Old March 16th 04, 11:56 AM
William

JJ wrote in message ...
William wrote:

You lie. You were w/o ham capability prior to becoming licensed.

It would be obvious to anyone with more than three working brain cells
that the statement applies to the period in which I hold a valid ham
radio operator's license.

Then why make such broad claims?

You said, "I can say that I have never been without ham radio
capability."

Now you're telling me that you really meant to say, "For as long as I
have been a licensed amateur radio operator, I have never been without
ham radio capability."

I think Dick/W0EX used to beat the "I've never been w/o, I'm always
ready for an emergency" drum. But when Hans invited him to operate
his favorite mode (cw), Dick was nowhere to be heard.

So, I'll let you slide on the unlicensed period of your life not being
with ham radio capability. This time. Just don't go broad brushing
your magnificent capabilities again.

Just be sure that should Hans invite you to a CW QSO, you'll be there,
because "For as long as I have been a licensed amateur radio operator,
I have never been without ham radio capability."

;^)
Old March 17th 04, 03:30 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

JJ wrote in message ...
William wrote:

You lie. You were w/o ham capability prior to becoming licensed.

It would be obvious to anyone with more than three working brain cells
that the statement applies to the period in which I hold a valid ham
radio operator's license.

JJ...common sense and a bit of adult maturity would have
precluded any reasonable person in this forum from using such a lame
and childish "answer"...

More evidence that this coward has nothing valid to offer except
childish sandlot accusations. Did we expect anything less?

Steve, K4YZ