Old July 18th 04, 12:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

Nope. To anyone who knows the facts.

Who is "anyone?"

Why is it a "problem"?

Because you can't recognize problems.

It's not *just* a hobby.

It's a "service?" :-) Hupp, too, tree, foah!

Would you tell volunteer firefighters and EMTs that what they do is "just a
hobby"?

Don't know any. Out here they are all professionals!

Sunnuvagun!

Why? Is that the criteria for something to be more than "just a hobby"?

What is "that?"

So what's your problem?

I don't have a problem. You do. Why?

No. Just asking a question.

Are you sure? :-)

What should the standards be?

National Electrical Code.

Actually, it is.

What is?

Wrong again!

Anyone with a different opinion than the "Right" Rev. Jim is,
naturally, "wrong!" :-)

The description never included the word "Morse", Len.

What description?

When, exactly?

1844?

What's your point, Len?

Index finger extended in line of direction to object, other
fingers curled.

You don't know, then.

Don't know what?

No, you're not nice at all, Len. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Sunnuvagun!

Describing yourself, I see.

Who?

Nope. Didn't happen that way.

What way?

Why should anyone believe something that isn't true?

Because...you will send long, long replies like a poor
man's CSI autopsy... :-)

You're wrong. Again.

Always...to Rev. Jim.

See?

See what?

Right...;-) ;-)

Impossible! Rev. Jim says I am "always wrong!"

Who is "Rev. Jim"?

Jimmie Who. Right! I Dunno is on second base?

You talk to everyone that way, Len. Doesn't work.

I'm retired. Don't need to work.

Nope. It's a valid analogy. Which is why you don't like it.

What analogy? Why don't I like it?

Me.

You.

Says who?

Jimmie Who?

I see fine, Len.

Irving Fine or Julius Fine?

Who?

Right, Jimmie Who!

You mean the parts where voice modes aren't allowed? Guess what - they're all
wide open for data modes, too. What's the problem?

What parts? What is wide open? Why is there a problem?

Never claimed to be.

Claimed to be what?

You're neither are a professional communicator nor an amateur radio operator,
Len. Just some guy who likes to flame amateur radio newsgroups.

Flame? Smoke detector didn't go off. Did you go off?

You're on the outside looking in.

No. Inside. Looking at the screen of my Samsung 712N. Nice
76 F according to radio clock on wall (it also measures room
temperature).

Tsk, you ask all those questions. Are you really Alex Trebek?

LHA / WMD
Old July 18th 04, 12:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve
Stalker, Ethnic Cleanser Exxtra) writes:

Subject: FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM
From:
(William)
Date: 7/16/2004 5:23 PM Central Standard Time
(N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

AMATEUR radio is a hobby, not a national service, not an arm of the
United States Navy or the rest of the military, and not a public

safety
organization. Just a hobby involving radio.

It's not "just a hobby".

It is for most of the participants.

And you have deduced this from WHAT valid research?

But even if it were, what's the difference? If something is "just a

hobby",
does that mean there should be no standards, no training, no rules?

The FCC does not mandate training, does not mandate operating. It
simply has a mechanism in place for VEC's to examine applicants, for
the issuance and renewal of licenses, publication of regulations, and
rarely issues a citation.

The FCC DOES mandate "training"...IF you want a license you will have
to participate in a certain amount of training...

Name the Part numbers. Cite the language of this "mandate."

C'mon, Stalker, you are Mandate the Magician, show us your tricks.

The FCC does not run contests, sprints, DXCC, field days, or nets.

Whoa! Brain woke up for a few minutes!

AMATEUR radio long ago CEASED to be a "pool of experienced morse
operators" for any national need.

When did it cease, Len?

"long ago"

When did it cease Brian? Back when you were operating from Somalia?

Before that. :-) Before the First Gulf War, in fact.

Or was it when unlicensed devices started playing a "major role" in
"emergency comms"...?!?!

Twenty years ago, cellular telephony was just beginning and only a
few were installed, mainly in vehicles. Now there are millions and
one American in three has a cell phone subscription.

Not only that, FRS HTs (all unlicensed) are a regular consumer
electronics market item for $50 or less a pair.

CB has been there for over 40 years and may number 5 million or
so in the USA now.

And here's a fun fact: The Basis and Purpose never used the phrase

"experienced
morse operators". Just "experienced operators" - no mention of modes.

So the Basis and Purpose never emphasized (favored) one mode over
another.

Wonder where that come from?

Why would you wonder?

It's been almos the same language as long as I have been licensed.

You have "licensure" mister fancy legal pro. :-)

Since when was nursie admitted to a bar? Legal bar, that is.

The nation does NOT need morse operators, haven't for a long time.

How long?

"a long time"

PuppetBoy strikes again.

Jim, did you realize that a code exam is a disincentive to CW use?

Brain, did you know there are people on 6 and 2 meters USING Morse Code
who DIDN'T take an FCC test to do so...?!?!

Call Riley Hollingsworth! Untested, unlicensed PIRATES on the
ham bands!!!

Make your call, big mental health pro, have them COMMITTED!

You can do it! [you haven't done it on me or Brian, though]

Get tough! [tougher] Show them all who is BOSS! :-)

Arf Arf!! Yell Yell!!

LHA / WMD
Old July 18th 04, 12:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

There's a dozen of us in this forum alone who hold current licensure

and
who are proficient in Morse Code.

Wow! I'll bet NO ONE has as pretty a set of dress blues as da
gunnery nurse dill sergeant of the Amateur Corps!

Must wear white gloves when busy beeping.

Len, what the heck is "current licensure?" Does that mean he has a
permit to swim upstream and spawn with the salmon, or he can draw a
few amps from his starter battery?

"Licensure" is a fancy legal term for "being licensed" as in a
profession.

Not many dictionaries have the definition. It isn't in everyday
speech. :-)

Nursie wants to adopt it because he feels his federal amateur
authority license thingy is so Very Important and so Very Pro-
fessional sounding. [dreamland wish-fulfillment thing of his]

Nursie has a terrible need to Feel Important, Be Respected
for his mighty macho morse accomplishment. He is an Exxtra!
[dos equis brand, probably]

So, in his use of "current licensure" for his ham certificate, he
be Oh So Very Important Authoritzed By Federal Authorities!
Practically like he did an oral dissertation in front of a state bar.
[or "lube job"]

"Current?" I doubt that nursie twit can remember, let alone
apply Ohm's Law of Resistance and all that E, I, and R imply.

Play Act and Yell Yell he CAN do. :-)

Seems like it "ain't over yet" to me...

Any time now... :-)

And here's a fun fact: The Basis and Purpose never used the phrase

"experienced
morse operators". Just "experienced operators" - no mention of modes.

That's a LennieRant issue, Jim. Even when the current context DOESN'T
include Morse Code, he'll interject it and then claim we (licensees) are

the
ones obsessed with it.

You are. QED. :-)

dit dit.

Poor thing. Doesn't realize what he does in here...

Maybe that ethnic cleanser he uses is affecting his brain...

The nation does NOT need morse operators, haven't for a long time.

How long?

And who said?

Was there a Presidential Executive Order? Did Congress ammend the
Constitution? Did the FCC and NTIA prohibit the use of Morse Code for

thier
respective services?

Poor nursie still living in his fantasy world. Tsk, tsk.

He doesn't get out beyond checking out "paid services," I guess.

Even maritime radio has gone over to SSB voice and data modes for
open-ocean communications. That and satellite relay.

NO other radio service besides amateur radio uses any morse code
modes for communications.

IOW, Morse Code is gone by popular demand. Except in the Anachronism
Reenactors Radio League.

Poor nursie doesn't know that, Brian. Things work differently in his
fantasyland dream world.

There's only two slices of Morse-only spectrum, both are in the VHF

range,

To prove that, I'll tune to 14.010 and listen for his USB call. Nope,
didn't hear it. He's not telling the truth. Again.

and were lobbied for by weak signal operators anxious to see a part of the
spectrum protected for thier work...Mostly EME and meteor scatter

techniques,
but the sues are growing.

"Sues?" There's litigation about VHF and up?

No, no. You know, "Sues." His pair of twin blow up dolls. He's
gotten them some augmentation to meet his manly expectations. "So
what if he gets a little on the side."

Ah! So! I forgot about THAT "Sue." :-) :-) :-)

[I wonder what their Torr rating is? :-) ]

Oh, my! Those lawyers are into everything, aren't they?

I wouldn't be suprised if they have "Sues" as well. Maybe Philkane
can chime in on that one.

I dunno about that. A couple acquaintences keep saying
"lawyers suck!" and I thought it was just a figure of speech...

So, the League is a surrogate parent?!? I don't think so.

How many kids have you raised, Len?

Including himself?

Ham radio is all about raising children? Good heavens, I thought
ham radio was all about preserving the morse modes forever and
ever!

One learns something every day!

Ham radio is all about Raising Children!

If a few of them would only grow up it wouldn't be!

Dinna worra, laddie, Mama Dee is on the job, ready to spank and
discipline "the children!" :-)

Are all the Amateur Extras surrogate parents now? I don't think so.

You aren't.

But that's what he perceives himself as...

Dee, quit this infernal nattering about "parentage" and ham radio.

Why, Len? Because it's really quite an accurate analogy?

It makes Lennie nervous.

He shot blanks all his life, and now any discussion of kids get's him
wound up. That's why he wanted to exert some "parental control" over

younger
licensees with that age limit crap.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. I didn't "shoot blanks all my life."

My children are not a subject of discussion in here. They are all
physically and mentally normal.

Next thing you know, he'll be "dialing, dialing, dialing" to get
verification from our wives.

Nursie can't dial my first one (I be a widower for a long time) but my
second one is not only my high school sweetheart but also a
Masters degree holder in Social Work (Univ. of Illinois). Poor
nursie thinks he can out-wit my wife is in for a rude shock...she
has experience with crazies, but got tired of that and retired.

He doesn't understand that our wives are off limits to his little
dramas.

He doesn't understand MANY things!

Yiddish, Ohm's Law of Resistance, social graces, that amateur
is NOT a branch of the U.S. military just to name four...

Quit trying to sound off like you've got an influential pair.

Pair of what, Len?

What ever they are, I bet Lennie doesn't have a pair of them...Maybe a
pair of slippers or glasses...Nothing else.

Tsk, tsk. No humor among the PCTA.

[cut to scene of military post and assembly after reveille...female

first-
soldier starts calling roll, shouts "sound off like you got a pair!"]

His eyes would be too busy darting from one cover bubble level to the
other than to focus on the female. He would mumble something like,
"MARS IS Amateur Radio, Sir."

Hahhhhhh! He'd probably "get down and give her two" to show he
means it... :-)

[non military veterans won't understand that...so just skip it]

Nursie thinks licentiousness (not licensure) is an okay side for hams.
[see other posting of his, the one where he gets angry about "Neil"
and Dubya]

Definitely "current licentiousness."

Well, he's an Exxtra. That means he can do ANYTHING he
likes. :-)

If you're an example of "professional communicator", than I'm glad to be

an
amateur.

So V E R Y glad!

Tsk. The less-than-half-a-year "electronics purchasing agent" couldn't
cut it. Only civilian "electronics job" he ever had. Poor guy.

Well, there's always night school for nursie. :-)

Maybe one day he'll make something of hisself. But what are the odds?

I called Las Vegas. They don't have him on any board.

All bets off. A non-starter...even with "current licensure." :-)

LHA / WMD
Old July 18th 04, 12:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 7/15/2004 8:41 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve

From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 7/15/2004 11:44 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Nonsense for the new millennium.

That's what you're giving us, Len!

Of course it is.

Without any practical experience in Amatuer Radio, how could he

render
an
INFORMED opinon on ANYthing having to do with Amateur Radio...???

Riiiiiiight, Stalker. How can ANYONE possibly know anything
about anything without being federally licensed in it?

I didn't say "licensed", Lennie...I said "experienced".

Gosh, in your psychotic fantasyland, amateur radio must be a
classified, sensitive, deep dark secret, revealed only to those "eyes
only" folks who have been background-checked, right?

NOBODY unlicense can possibly know anything at all!

Sure they can...if they ahve some sort of practical experience in

it...

Illogical. To have "practical experience" in amateur radio
REQUIRES an amateur license. Those without that magick license
"cannot have any practical experience in it." [Stalker stated that]

Bottom line is that Stalker doesn't know what the hell he is talking
about.

U.S. amateur radio is open for observation to anyone...on the air,
in print, in person to the public.

Stalker is trying vainly to prove that those without licenses cannot
know anything at all about radio. That's absolutely false, a LIE of
bright magnitude, but he can't stop. Tsk.

You are neither licensed OR experienced. Not in AMATEUR RADIO.

Len, what are "morsemen"?

Anything and everything he's not.

I'm a retired electronics engineer with a good retirement income.

You are an ALLEGED electronics engineer.

Sigh. Poor nursie can't help herself with all the insults. :-)

Riiiiiight...I have alleged resumes, alleged history in the alleged
industry, an alleged patent, alleged schooling with alleged skin from
an alleged sheep, know alleged hams who have alleged ham licenses
longer than nursie has allegedly lived. Not only that, the alleged IRS
and alleged tax board and alleged government agencies all allegedly
believe I allegedly did all that. The alleged bank keeps track of all
the alleged income I allegedly made, taking in the alleged social
security check allegely electornically.

Not only that, I was once a long-time member of Joe Sheppard's
The Ledge BBS!

Some in a position to know your "professional" services directly

quantify
your skills as "mediocre, at best..."

A LIE, nursie. Bald-faced, out and out LIE.

You don't know squat about the electronics industry or military
electronics or civilian electronics other than reading about ham
radio in QST. YOU DON'T KNOW.

Now YOU produce those NAMES of the "some" you ALLEGE
"know."

You can't because they DON'T EXIST. They are a fermentation of
your hate-filled obsessional, delusional psychosis in here.

Get some mental therapy. From a real shrink.

It will help everyone, even yourself.

Pbththththth.

LHA / WMD

Len, he's a freak. Stay away. "Danger Will Robinson. Danger!"

I'm still waiting "to be picked up by the authorities alerted by the
call made by that mental health professional" idiot, nursie.

I still can't believe he broadcast that claim of being "able to pick
up a phone and have us committed" all over the Internet via
this newsgroup! :-)

He HAS lost all touch with reality. Nutso. Whacked-out.
Zoned on his own peyote-chewing dreamland.

He IS "Lost in Space!" :-)

LHA / WMD

Old July 18th 04, 12:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

More spectrum is simply the reward system in use. It was chosen in

large
part
because it's easy to enforce.

Nonsense for the new millennium.

That's what you're giving us, Len!

Now, now Rev. Jim. You're off on an evangelical Sermon on the
Antenna Mount again!

You just didn't answer the question I posed about "enforcement
ease." Tsk. tsk. tsk.

Tell us how morse signals are "easier to enforce" than voice
signals. Try a few details of how that is done.

That's going to be a problem for Jimmy Who. His claim is illogical.

Anyway, I'll be standing by waiting for his answer. BTW, I heard the
temperature in hell is falling rapidly.

Don't expect miracles. Not in the answer or the environment of hell.

LHA / WMD

I have more faith in the environment of hell than I do in the
truthfulness of the lobotomized, lock-steppedness of the PCTA.

I think I've figured out why the PCTA absolutely HATED any
thought whatsoever of a small suggestion I made long ago to the
FCC - that of having a certain minimum age for a license.

The PCTA are all acting so childish about that morse test
requirement that they can't stand not being able to continue to
be childish. "Wah wah wha...we gots to have a morse test!!!"
"All the 'big' people in radio know morse and we are 'big' people!"
All of which was fine for the 1930s...but hardly so 70 years later.

All the PCTA seemed to have innoculated themselves with
mighty macho morsemanship at an early age and are still
addicted to it and the Importance (!) of the mode to "all radio."

They are all - seemingly - a bunch of middle-age sitter-downers
(in front of their radios) wishing fervently to recapture their
youth lost so many years back. They want their youth back and
with that, their youthful ideals which were so Very Important back
then.

They don't really give a damn about anyone else. They want to
force the morse test on everyone because They were forced to
learn it by Their seniors. They want to get even. Such wishing is
typically of the childish. QED. Ergo, game, set, and match.

Mama Dee and Rev. Jim say that "the experienced"
(all those who love honor cherish and obey morse code) MUST
be "in charge" of determining the whichness of the what.

Regression is the better part of their valor. Or stasis.

LHA / WMD
Old July 18th 04, 12:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
[snip]
The important question is, who is the best judge of what the requirements
should be? The newcomer or the experienced ham?

That is the very crux of the problem. Somehow too many have lost sight of
the fact that those with experience should be the ones to define the
requirements.

Territorial Imperative! Turf!

Mama Dee has TOLD US "children!" What she say be da Law! :-)

Dee, so many of "you" have lost sight of the fact that amateur radio
was not created in your images nor do "you" have all the power to
take over the playing field.

Sorry to subvert your endeavor to "take charge here," but there is
no emergency requiring what is tantamount to martial law by "the
experienced."

If "the experienced" had their power, hams would all be beeping
away on HF with no voice privileges and the VHF and above
bands would be non-existant ("only real hams use morse on HF").
"The Bands" would remain in stasis of the 1920s and not advance
much at all.

Why do you wish to subvert democratic principles when it comes
to the hobby of ham radio?

LHA / WMD
Old July 18th 04, 12:56 AM
N2EY

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

"William" wrote in message
. com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message

The important question is, who is the best judge of what the

requirements
should be? The newcomer or the experienced ham?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Jim, many experienced amateurs have spoken agains the continued use of
the Morse Code as a filter. You ignore them, or say they must be
wrong. Luckily, hams don't decide, necomer or otherwise. The FCC
does, and they see merit in the reasonable arguments put forth by
those experienced hams.

Best of Luck

Please post the URLs of the surveys to back up your claim. How "many?" Is
it a majority or is it just a vocal minority?

It's a vocal minority.

So far the FCC has done nothing with the innumerable petitions nor have the
acted unilaterally to implement the change now allowed by the international
treaty. At this point it is premature to say that the FCC sees merit in
either side of the question.

Back in 1998, the majority of those who commented on the restructuring NPRM not
only supported code testing but supported code testing at more than the minimum
5 wpm level. The vast majority of those commenting were licensed US hams.

In the comments to the various recent petitions, the number of *individuals*
(again, the vast majority of whom are licensed hams) supporting continued code
testing is the majority.

Those opposed are the minority. Heck, in its 8 or so years of existence,
"No-Code International" (remember them?) has not been able to attract even 1%
of US hams as members - even though there are no dues and no renewals.

Any intelligent person doesn't consider it a filter. It is simply a useful
element of ham radio that should be maintained. Some of the people against
using it as a filter are for keeping it as a part of the ham's required
knowledge.

The term "filter" can be applied to any test or requirement. A written test
"filters out" those who can't or won't pass it. But it does not guarantee that
each and every one of those who does pass it will abide by all of the rules and
regs and be a good ham. No test can guarantee that.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 03:45 AM
My response to Jim Wiley, KL7CC Brian Policy 3 October 24th 03 12:02 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1366 ­ October 17 2003 Radionews Dx 0 October 17th 03 06:51 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse code requirement. Keith Policy 1 July 31st 03 03:46 AM