Old July 16th 04, 12:57 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

The exact process I used for getting my license was:

First I took an online test. First couple times did just awful. In both
General and Extra, I started out at about the 50 percent level.

That's really pretty good for a start, with no preparation.

Downloaded the question pool. Used it as reading material on the throne
and around the house. But mostly as a post-test reference

Did you highlight the right answers or black out the wrong ones?

Continued taking the online tests. For every question I got wrong on
the tests, I researched out the answer. Sources were reference books and
the 'net.

Yep.

Continued until I scored 100 percent pretty consistently.

And the actual test was a breeze, right?

What you did was to 'study the test'. Which isn't "wrong" or illegal, despite
what some may rant about it. You did what worked for you, within the rules.

Which do you *really* think requires more understanding of the mateiral and
the
concepts behind it - a test where you don't know the exact Q&A beforehand,
or one where you do?

All the same to me.

Really?

And I think my method above says something more.
Being smart is not necessarily knowing something - it is knowing what
you know, knowing what you don't know, and knowing where to get the
answer so you *do* know.

Kinda like the difference between schooling and education.

If you make questions up, you have to have a
reference for them someplace. Is it in a book? fine, study the book
then. Is it a question pool? Fine also.

*If* you only care about right answers rather than understanding.

Not really. I saw a electrician licensing test book with question pool
recently. Lives depend on the electrician doing safe and proper work.
and they are depending on the Electrician knowing.

But someone cannot become a licensed electrician by written tests alone. There
are extensive practical tests and experience requirements as well, and several
levels of licensing. IIRC, here in PA it takes 9000 hours of documented work
experience under the supervision of a licensed electrician to be licensed at
the highest level.

Rote memorization? Seriously if anyone rote memorizes the General and
Extra tests, they are very intelligent and very stupid at the same time.

Depends on the person and the subject. In some areas, the only way to know
the
material is rote memorization. (How long is a ham license term?)

Of course, but that is diluting the issue. No other way to learn that
stuff.

The problem is that more and more of the test is becoming "that stuff".

And they will have a few curves thrown at them at test time.

How? The test questions are all in the pool. Read the pool and you have
seen every possible question and answer.

All my tests have been from the question pool, so it is something I
have some advantage over many people here. Actual knowledge rather than
opinion.

I take a simulated test every so often just to maintain an even strain.

The answers are not always in the same order as they are in the pool. I
experienced this in my Extra test. And if the person knows the text of
the answer, they almost certainly *know* the answer. That takes a level
of understanding much greater than "This question's answer is "D"

Nobody with any sense memorizes the answer letters! But being able to know
which answer is right after having seen the exact Q&A several times before
doesn't guarantee any level of understanding.

For example, I could ask:

- Which of the following are blunatrons? (Flufnagles, zinthorps, calinars,
rhenotors)

A) Fluffnagles and rhenotors only
B) Zinthorps only
C) Calinars and zinthorps only
D) Calinars, zinthorps and fluffnagles

(Of course the correct answer is C)

Now, if you remember that calinars and zinthorps are blunatrons but fluffnagles
and rhenotors aren't, you'll always get the question right. But do you really
understand anything about blunatrons?

Heck, download the pool as a Word or text document, edit out the wrong
answers,
print the questions up on 3x5 cards and just read the dern things while in
the room of many doors.

Remember the game "Trivial Pursuit"? When it was a big deal ~20 years ago,
used to carry a handful of the cards in my pocket and read them at odd
times
(on the subway, waiting for the elevator, etc.) Didn't consciously try to
memorize them, just read them. I was soon nearly unbeatable - as long as
the game used the Original edition cards.

The question pools have far fewer questions than the Trivial Pursuit cards
did.

A thought: If a question pool is cheating, then a book with the answers
in the test in the course of reading is cheating too

Question pools don't equal cheating unless they are supposed to be
secret.

So...

The only way that *some* Hams will be happy is if the test questions
have answers in no book - that is to say that all testing will have to
be in the form of basic research - the new ham will have to advance the
state of the art in his/her admission test.

bwaaahaahaa

Otherwise the new ham is cheating and isn't as good as the old ham. 8^)

(I just recently had to listen to an old timer in person on a tirade
about the worthless new hams - again.)

Why did you have to listen? I find turning on my heel and walking away
does wonders. Or, looking the ranter straight in the eye and saying,
"You're just wrong...." (lookit how the oldest ranter here on rrap
reacts to being told he's wrong - which he often is....)

Well, it wasn't a case where I could or should have turned away. I
supposed I could have kicked the person out, but I also needed the help
he was giving on a task. Real life has a habit of modifying our
behavior. Plus ut wasn't a personal attack. Most hams I know think I'm a
relative old timer. But its still irritating.

Well, he was just plain wrong. The test is just one part of being

qualified.

Of course. But sometimes we have to work with people that are just
plain wrong.

Yep.

Every once in a while, I'll mention something like "Hey, I resemble
that remark!"

There was an old song called "Patches" that you may recall from high school
days. Man is remembering how tough he had it as a kid. Among the folks I
grew up with, we still use the line

"And then the rains came, and washed all the crops away"

whenever somebody starts geezering.

hehe, I used to do a good rendition of the line after that - "And at
the age of thirteen, I felt I had the weight of the whooole world on my
shoulders" 8^)

"And Mama knew what I was going through..."

That's the one!

It's particularly effective when someone is going on and one about something
like how tough it was to find a parking space, or how long the line at
Starbucks was this morning, and three people do it, one taking each line...

Besides, what it all comes down to is this:

Hams - old and new - didn't change the exam procedures. Neither did
ARRL, NCI, NCVEC or any other ham group. FCC did, because it saved
them resources.

We aren't going to a system other than multiple-choice
published-Q&A-pool exams in the foreseeable future. Just not gonna
happen.

Just a thought here... If we were to say, go to a book oriented
reference for the tests, I can assure you that it would be no better
than the pool based system.

Sure it would. But we're not going to go back to secret tests. Not gonna
happen - at least not anytime soon. Why get in a lather over it?

Thousands and thousands of college students
prove this on a daily basis, pulling all-nighters, cramming to take
their tests. All the crammed knowledge is placed in shirt term memory,
to quickly fade after the test is over.

That only works for some people. And recall that for most of those
students, the cramming is not the only preparation done.

Maybe the answer is to have on on one testing, where the test
administrator comes to love with you for a week, to see if you *really*
have knowledge of Ham radio....hehe.

If the test administrator looks like Heidi Klum, or if I get to be *her*
test
administrator, I'll volunteer to put the system throuigh its paces. Heck,
I'll sign up for two weeks......

Hey, maybe my dum typo was Karma!

I've got dibs on Ms. Klum if she ever needs a ham radio instructor.

This might be the way to increase the
numbers of Hams! People would demand to be retested every year or so.
And the YL's could pick their own instructors........

Yep.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old July 16th 04, 01:17 AM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article , "Dee D. Flint" Mama Dee
speaking to her children writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , Robert Casey
writes:

Hams - old and new - didn't change the exam procedures. Neither did
ARRL, NCI, NCVEC or any other ham group. FCC did, because it saved
them resources.

We aren't going to a system other than multiple-choice
published-Q&A-pool exams in the foreseeable future. Just not gonna
happen.

ANd then there's the question of what knowledge should be expected from
applicants anyway. Does it really require more knowledge and skill to
operate on 14.167 vs 14.344?

More spectrum is simply the reward system in use. It was chosen in large

part
because it's easy to enforce.

Specially now that enforcement is a rare thing, i.e., the last 30
years or so.

Not only was it easy to enforce but it was selected because it was a
desireable enough reward that people would put in the training to get it.

Utter nonsense, Mama Dee. Spin-like rationalization.

Yep, that's absolute crap.

One license would be even easier to not enforce.

AMATEUR radio is a hobby, not a national service, not an arm of the
United States Navy or the rest of the military, and not a public safety
organization. Just a hobby involving radio.

It can be a service, and many actually do dedicate themselves to that
service. They train and practice, take turns at being NCS, and
affiliate with county emergency offices and the American Red Cross.

But there is a large contingent that brags about copying an ARRL
message before field day starts, how they can send code so poorly that
a NCT with an electronic reader cannot copy, etc, etc, etc. Shining
examples of service.

AMATEUR radio long ago CEASED to be a "pool of experienced morse
operators" for any national need. The nation does NOT need morse
operators, haven't for a long time.

But when the aliens arrive and don't know the code... they'll be in
for a rude awakening. We'll have 'em right where we want 'em!

Most rewards in the real world have little relationship to the work
requested.

More spin crappola. The influential morsemen at the League
managed to carve out a separate little morse playground for
themselves with all sorts of fatuous phrases of "national need" and
"importance of a pool of trained operators" and the FCC caved in
to their demands.

I think it's just a legacy carry-over from a time when it was
necessary and useful. Those days are long past being necessary.

You see it in the home too. Kid asks, "Dad can I borrow the
car?" Parent replies, "After you mow the front & back lawn and run the
edger." There is absolutely no relationship between the two activities.
The kid gets a highly desired reward for work that he/she probably doesn't
care to do but does it anyway to get the reward.

So, the League is a surrogate parent?!? I don't think so.

Maybe the FCC? Some here obviously need a little extra parenting.

Like Old Yeller and Old Yeller Teeth Kelly.

Are all the Amateur Extras surrogate parents now? I don't think so.

I hope not.

Dee, quit this infernal nattering about "parentage" and ham radio.

Kind of irritating, huh?

Quit trying to sound off like you've got an influential pair.

Maybe somehow she got hold of 146.34/94.

You aren't
a radioactive au pair and this ain't the Children's Hour (even is some of
the other extras act like children).

Sherry and Lambchop?

Just face the reality of the matter. Morsemen got their little CW
playground and should be happy. Professional communicators they
ain't, even if they want, desperately, to be oh, so very pro.

They're always welcome to pay some COLEM $90 for random groups of
five.
Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 7/15/2004 11:44 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Nonsense for the new millennium.

That's what you're giving us, Len!

Of course it is.

Without any practical experience in Amatuer Radio, how could he render an
INFORMED opinon on ANYthing having to do with Amateur Radio...???

Riiiiiiight, Stalker. How can ANYONE possibly know anything
about anything without being federally licensed in it?

Gosh, in your psychotic fantasyland, amateur radio must be a
classified, sensitive, deep dark secret, revealed only to those "eyes
only" folks who have been background-checked, right? :-)

NOBODY unlicense can possibly know anything at all!

So, therefore, howinnaheck is anyone going to find out about
supersecret classified hum raddio? :-)

Poor baby Stalker. Still off on that delusional psychosis of
hate-hate-hate suffered from grievous woundings in old newsgrope
messaging! [he needs a purple heart or something for that shoe
box of medals]

The separate, elite morsemen-only portions of the ham bands were
put there by old morsemen who were able to influence League
lobbying.

Len, what are "morsemen"?

Anything and everything he's not.

I'm a retired electronics engineer with a good retirement income.

That means a professional. Sunnuvagun!

Stalker Stevie a pro? Stalker have a pro kit?

Stalker do good yell-yell-murine imitation. Did "seven hostile
actions." Never explained that. Might have been done in hum
raddio "actions?"

Stalker did "combat trianing" in Barstow, CA, murine warehouse
and supply depot? Tough duty. Very hostile. Action?

Reminds me of the TV evangilist who was always hollering about the
immorality of the flesh, then got caught renting it!

Stalker Stevie get in trouble again with religion? Tsk.

The propaganda is coming from the Loser on Lanark.

Poor delusional, hate-filled psychotic now wants to go geographic.

Tsk.

10048 Lanark Street, Sun Valley, CA. Nice neighborhood.
Upscale. Mortgage got paid off fully years ago. Adjoining
walled community of 44 homes, one going for $860,000.

Look it up on MapQuest.

Know how? [no license required to use MapQuest...]

I don't think Lennie's diagnosis of ACRI (*) counts for Amateur testing
waiver purposes, Jim.

Poor delusional, hate-filled psychotic snitting in public again.

Poor Stalker needs mental therapy.

Medical science may not be up to his level of psychosis.
Too much hate, too thin a skin for sustained newsgrope
living. Tsk.

But, it's okay for all extras to say or do anything, to be the role-
model evangelists for Olde Tyme Hamme Raddio...the one where
Kode was King and strictly enforced by Mighty Macho Morsemen.

My bet's on the nonsense. That's all he's produced here.

Sorry, can't venture into your psychotic fantasyland. Too weird
in there. It isn't reality. It is the Twilight Zone pesonified.

Try a different mix of pilfered drugs from the "ER" medicine room
next time.

Steve, K4YZ

(*) Acute Cranial Rectal Inversion

Tsk, tsk, tsk. The same snit from one who DEMANDS genteel,
civil behavior, no nasty words.

A good example of top-of-the-line Amateur Extra behavior?

LHA / WMD
Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Stevie
Stalker, Mighty Macho Morseman Ethnic Cleanser of Olde Tyme

From: "Kelley James"

Date: 7/15/2004 1:02 PM Central Standard Time
"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message

Indeed Amateur Radio is the ONLY pool of Morse capable radio operators
remaining, the very small contingent of military and SIGINT operators not
withstanding.

Tell me more about military and SIGINT operators.

What's to tell?

The Army still trains AD personnel from all services in Morse Code in
Arizona. This can be verified via independent sources so I will leave you to
it.

Fort Huachuca, Arizona. "Home of the Buffalo Soldiers."

U.S. Army Military Intelligence Center, School, and also the Hq
for Army MARS. :-)

Huachuca has a nice website which includes an on-line "museum"
of important Military Intelligence folks.

Of course Lennie willl jump in and tell us "IT"S FOR RECEIVE ONLY ! ! !
!"

Uh huh.

Absolutely for RECEIVE ONLY! :-)

Passive signal intelligence work is done that way. The other side has
no idea they are being intercepted. Sunnuvagun! How about that?

The curricula for all MOSs was on-line at Fort Huachuca. Haven't
been there lately (on-line) so it might have been re-arranged. They
had the names of the computer programs used in teaching morse
code. All were commercial packages. Sunnuvagun! How about
that!

Been to Fort Huachuca in person. Hotness rules. Stalker Stevie
will say "he's been there too" if his paranoic psychosis is working
the same. :-)

LHA / WMD
Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Kelley James"
writes:

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message

Indeed Amateur Radio is the ONLY pool of Morse capable radio operators
remaining, the very small contingent of military and SIGINT operators not
withstanding.

Tell me more about military and SIGINT operators.

Don't ask too much. Stalker Stevie never did any Signals
Intelligence work in the military. He was too busy doing his
hamme raddio thing in between his "seven hostile actions." :-)

He will tell you to "call the VA" to find out everything!

Or, he will say stuff like "Sorry Hans, MARS IS ham radio!"

Hi hi ho ho

LHA / WMD

Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

Hams - old and new - didn't change the exam procedures. Neither did
ARRL, NCI, NCVEC or any other ham group. FCC did, because it saved
them resources.

We aren't going to a system other than multiple-choice
published-Q&A-pool exams in the foreseeable future. Just not gonna
happen.

ANd then there's the question of what knowledge should be expected from
applicants anyway. Does it really require more knowledge and skill to
operate on 14.167 vs 14.344?

More spectrum is simply the reward system in use. It was chosen in large

part
because it's easy to enforce.

Nonsense for the new millennium.

That's what you're giving us, Len!

Now, now Rev. Jim. You're off on an evangelical Sermon on the
Antenna Mount again!

You just didn't answer the question I posed about "enforcement
ease." Tsk. tsk. tsk.

Tell us how morse signals are "easier to enforce" than voice
signals. Try a few details of how that is done.

The separate, elite morsemen-only portions of the ham bands were
put there by old morsemen who were able to influence League
lobbying.

Len, what are "morsemen"?

An elite band of beepers stuck in a time warp of yesteryear.

Amateurs, of course.

The rest of the radio world has given up morse code modes for any
primary communications. Most other radio services never even
considered it!

And if you're talking about how the bands got carved up into Extra-only,
Advanced-and-Extra-only, and General-and-above subbands, that wasn't an ARRL
idea at all. It came from elsewhere.

What is this "easy to enforce" nonsense?

It's not nonsense at all, Len.

So...answer how it is "easy."

The FCC reads morse
easier than it can voice? [I don't think so] Can the FCC DF on
OOK-CW signals "easier" than voice signals? [I don't think so]

The easy to enforce *fact* is that it's simple to check the frequency of a
signal against the license class. It's not nearly so easy to verify things
like power level.

Oh, yeah, the Magick of Morse!

All morsemen are superbly honest and without fault...would not
dream of falsifying anything, would they?

Hello? Ever hear of audio recorders? Those have been around
since WW2. Really. More modern stuff than wire recorders
nowadays, old timer. Combine that with modern DF techniques
(no rotating loop antennas required) and modern data recorders
and ANY signal can be found out.

All of the morsemen's propaganda is just spin to keep their little
morse playground. No more, no less.

What are you talking about, Len?

YOUR spin on morse code. And the Belief System of the Church
of St. Hiram.

The only Morse-code-only segments of US amateur radio are the lowest 100 kHz
of 6 and 2 meters. Open to all hams except Novices.

WE weren't talking about "morse code only" stuff, Rev. Jim.

[got some bad peyote again? tsk]

You will be angry and disturbed at such direct language, but, like
Ernestine's creator put it..."plbthththt...and that's the absolute
truth." :-)

And it's as true as what Ernestine says. IOW, what you wrote is absolute
nonsense, Len, and the historical records prove it.

Yah, yu be all hot and bothered! :-)

SPIN doctoring you do, Rev. Jim, and you don't have the license
to practice doctoring. Tsk, tsk.

Besides, why do you want to live in the past so much?

Moi? HAH!

Who was talking up "T.O.M." olde tymer? YOU were.

EIGHTY YEARS AGO.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Since 1990 it has been
possible to get any class of US ham license with just a 5 wpm code test and a
medical waiver. Since 2000, the only Morse code test left has been the 5 wpm
test.

So?

The morse code test is STILL THERE, isn't it?

All U.S. amateur radio licenses with below-30-MHz privileges
require passing that morse code test. NOW. Not 14 years ago,
not 80 years ago. NOW.

WHY?

Here's a challenge for ya, Len:

Lissen up, peyote breath. Here's YOUR challenge:

Try to go a whole 48 hours of NOT accessing the newsgroup and
telling everyone a sermon or preaching that Code Is Good, the Best.

Bet you can't do it. :-)

You can't. You are fixated on Being Here, the Voice of "Truth"
about olde-tyme hamme raddio, telling all heretics to your
Belief System that they are "wrong," "incorrect," and other
indelicate nasties when they don't like Mighty Macho Morse.

Ho hum.

LHA / WMD

Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Stevie

From:
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson)
Date: 7/15/2004 10:16 AM Central Standard Time
In article , Len Over 21

wrote:

AMATEUR radio long ago CEASED to be a "pool of experienced morse
operators" for any national need. The nation does NOT need morse
operators, haven't for a long time.

That's an intresting point. 9/11 showed the need still exists for
experienced radio operators who can communicate under pressure.
Morde code is no longer necessary, but a clear voice, understanding
a phonetic alphabet, etc is.

Geoffrey, you'll notice Lennie interjected "morse" operators, although he
does take great liberties with trying to discredit Amatueur Radio at any
opportunity.

Poor Stalker, still deep in delusional psychosis thinking that all who
disagree with Him are "discrediting amateur radio" (not "amatueur"
radio, hi hi).

No other radio service in the USA uses morse code for ANY
emergency communications, nor do they do that for primary
radio communications purposes. No Public Safety Radio group
needs any morse qualifications to do their work.

Additionally he was in error that stating that "Amateur radio long ago
ceased to be a "pool of experienced morse operators" for any national need."

No "error." REALITY.

Stevie Stalker LIES again, but doesn't understand he does. Tsk.

He confuses his fantasy with reality. Bad scene. He need mental
help.

Indeed Amateur Radio is the ONLY pool of Morse capable radio operators
remaining, the very small contingent of military and SIGINT operators not
withstanding.

VERY small. The Military Intelligence Center at Fort Huachuca
trains signal intercept operators. A few of the MOSs in that school
learn International Morse Code from computer programs. Those same
trainees also learn to operate a variety of recorders to record those
intercepts for later analysis. Just one small facet of MI training.

On-off keying morse code is falling in the rest of the world. Eventually
even they (the U.S. military) will drop that training. They have the
recorders and the recorded intercepts if some idiot foreign force wants
to use morse...and thus be open to signals attack by just about
anyone.

And as much as being able to pull "the weak ones" out is a plus, ACCURACY
is more important...That's why contests ding you if you miscopy an exchange.
Those skills are collateral benefits to emergency communications...Lennie's
uninformed opinion and ranting to the contrary.

Poor delusional Stalker, still mixing up his hate-filled dystemper of a
fantasyland continuum with reality. Tsk. He needs mental help.

If what Lennie is is being "pro", then I dare say we should take some
EXTRA pride in NOT being "pro" ! ! ! !

More delusional Stalker fantasyland hate.

There are NO Public Safety Radio Services now using morse code
in any form for public safety communications. None.

Len Anderson has absolutely ZERO experience in emergency communications,
save for what he cuts-and-pastes about CA's ACS system and MARS.

Untrue, but trying to convince a delusional psychotic with a gigantic
hate complex living in his fantasyland is a non-starter.

Poor Stalker needs mental therapy.

No experience
as an Amateur operator, none in any capacity with any civil or federal

program.

Untrue. But Stalker will insist that I have none until the last psychotic
delusion is ripped from his hate-filled little mind...

He is not a licensed Amateur, nor is he in any other program affilitated with
emergency communications, MARS included.

"Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio!" Hi hi ho ho.

Department of Defense Directive 4650.2, effective November 2003
says otherwise.

Amateur licensee Stalker says MARS is amateur radio.

Just who is the LIE spreader there?

Hint. It isn't DoD. :-)

I never thought I'd say that about myself, but unfortuntely it is true.
I've tried to get my speed back up to something reasonable and expect
that it would take an hour a day for at least a month.

In regards to emergency uses, Geoffrey, it's irrelevent. It's nice to
have, especially for health and welfare trafficing, but otherwise not
necessary.

RED ALERT! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!

REALITY BROKE OUT! :-)

People who work 9-5 5 days a week may actually be able to do it. I don't
(more like noon (or eariler) to 3am).

Sure you can! Just one or two QSO's a day will get your speed up in no
time, regadless of when you work! I work 7P to 7A three to five days a week,
and I am able to KEEP my speed above 20WPM with little effort.

There ya go, Stalker. You just keep on beepin...and imagining
yourself a big fat Hero of the Homeland for beeping fast.

So long, Reality again. Hello fantasy! :-)

LHA / WMD
Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Excellent. We can apply that similar logic to amateur radio requirements.
The spectrum is a public resource. The prospective ham needs to demonstrate
that he has the potential to be a contributor.

Morsemanship left the "public resource" zone a long time ago for
all the other radio services.

You, and all other morsepersons, seem to think that amateur radio
is all concerned with morse code skills. That's hardly in any "public
interest" except to that tiny slice of the "public" that worships at
the Church of St. Hiram.

You and all the other morsepersons are Believers in that "church."

This is accomplished by the
testing process. The connection is then similar: demonstrating the
potential for responsibility and being part of a larger group.

Becoming a part of a slightly larger group of morse code users.

ONLY in amateur radio.

Hundreds of thousands of others have "demonstrated their
'potential' for responsibility...and DEMONSTRATED that very
responsibility" in the military and/or commercial radio...WITHOUT
having to do that testing for morse code cognition.

As one of that group, I don't feel chastened by those spankaroony
words from a self-styled "parent" who was into such responsibility
beginning a half century ago.

Notice that
I tag it as potential since there will always be a few who are willing to
put in the effort but then end up being problems.

Notice: Mama Dee wants to play "parent" again, thinking that all
others not thinking as she does are "children." Tsk, tsk.

Poor Dee. Still on that self-elevated elitist pedestal again, trying
to spank others for not thinking properly. :-)

LHA / WMD
Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

If the resulting "reward" isn't worth the effort, then the person doesn't
really want it bad enough and won't be much of an asset anyway. Shear
numbers really don't help in any activity.

Dee, look at all the "assets" championing olde tyme hamme raddio
in here. :-)

An earthquake with high shear forces wouldn't convince them (or you)
that morsemanship is not necessary. That's sheer supposition, of
course. :-)

LHA / WMD

Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 03:45 AM
My response to Jim Wiley, KL7CC Brian Policy 3 October 24th 03 12:02 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1366 ­ October 17 2003 Radionews Dx 0 October 17th 03 06:51 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse code requirement. Keith Policy 1 July 31st 03 03:46 AM