Old August 28th 05, 03:08 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 27 Aug 2005 15:30:42 -0700, "
wrote in
.com:

snip
Dave is a Pro-Code-Test Advocate. Dudly is more-or-less a PCTA.
Dave wants to fiercely attack ANY No-Code-Test Advocate (NCTA).

Frank, you've come out as an NCTA and thus are on Dave's ****list.

Then Dave is barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a ham but I do see the
value of keeping the code as a requirement. Not only is it one of the
most efficient and universal forms of radio communication, learning
the skill demonstrates both a willingness and dedication to the hobby
and it's history. Besides, 5wpm isn't so hard that it leads to chronic
insomnia or constipation, but some of these no-coders whine about as
much as Dudly does when he's asked for proof of his military service!
Code isn't that big of a deal. Learn it, pass the test, then either
use it or don't use it but at least you'll have a skill you didn't
have before. IMO.

Dave thinks you've "sided" with me. I'm on Dave's ****list from
years ago. :-)

Well, that's between you and Dave. Apparently he can't make that
distinction.

Old August 28th 05, 03:10 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:03:37 -0700, John Smith
wrote in
:

Frank:

Their are either aliens, or their are angels--a belief in either is likely
to get a man laughed at, in some place at some time...

I have trouble in believing in either, but one is true!

Why, you just don't think and so don't have to worry?

LOL!

Old August 28th 05, 03:37 AM
John Smith

Frank:

You are much more dense than I'd imagined, I am sorry to have given you
too much credit, let me explain it to you, perhaps you can get the picture.

While the evolutionists have gone around spinning a story of life
beginning in mud puddles (and who knows for certain, I certainly don't),
SETI has been created and searches the heavens, also, in some southwestern
desert there is a "big ear" which searches for ET--and at least a good
portion of a billion has been spent on its' creation, recently.

If we came from a mud puddle, then in some of those billions and billions
of mud puddles out in the universe, which formed millions, tens of
millions, hundreds of millions or even billions of years before ours, life
also began... surely you can realize that--unless you still are afflicted
by the same disease and consider yourself "SPECIAL!" (perhaps you consider
your amateur license proof you are a member of a sole-solitary race?)

Then there is "life by intelligent design" and a supreme being, I am sure
you are familiar with that argument--and there are some points needing
further investigating...

Then again, even if it a "mud puddle god" which is now on his/her/their
way to us right now, we may not be able to tell the difference between
them/it and a/the supreme being(s)--or perhaps, "God forbid!", they did
create us and now study us from a "duck blind"...

Surely if you can scoff at that, you would know you risk being a complete
idiot... but if you believe in a mud puddle, you are actually betting
on aliens existence, make no mistake, I don't, and just because the gov't
or FCC hasn't told you is no excuse for not thinking--"they" just think it
would be too unsettling to let the "dumb masses" in on the "little
secret", or perhaps the driving force is not to insult them, like the
reason they don't tell queers what sick buggers they are... go figure...
maybe it is the mental health bill to "cure" 'em which they are avoiding...

John

Old August 28th 05, 03:44 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 26 Aug 2005 11:58:57 -0700, "
wrote in
.com:

From: on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:22

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. If Jimmie say it true, it must be true!

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

The point is that a low-ranking Marine knew enough to call you out on
your military service lies.

Tsk. The stealers of valor cry foul when their stealing is stolen.

Dudly has NO PROOF whatsoever of his "forward area" action. NONE.
Aircraft ground maintenance personnel are NOT in any "forward area."

If one is NOT in a "forward area," one is in the "rear area." Such
as an Okinawa MARS station where Dudly claimed to be "Assistant
NCOIC." [wow...lots of responsibility there...in a NON-commo role
if he was really there...MARS was never a part of the Defense
Communications System]

Dudly has never referred to any common small-unit land force radio
by nomenclature or familiar name. Neither has he done so for any
common avionics radio of the 1974-1992 period. That is unthinkable
for anyone who has really been IN the military involved in radio
communications of any kind.

Not only that, but when presented with -partial- information he can't
even fill in the blanks; i.e, VINSON, discharge upgrades, etc.

Ergo, Dudly NEVER DID what he claimed.

Dudly has presented NO PROOF of this claimed military service. He
has presented nothing but verbal generalities that can be gleaned
from publications or entertainment shows. Anyone truly proud to
have served will have some sort of documentation which can be
scanned and presented for proof. Dog tags can be scanned.

http://www.icehouse.net/wirenut/dogtag.jpg

Dudly
has offered NONE. Not even personal snapshots.

Here's one that should be good for a laugh:

http://www.icehouse.net/wirenut/skivs.jpg

Dudly says all who challenge him on his military claims should "call
the VA [Veteran's Administration]." The VA will not reveal details
to non-familiy members and must have assurance that a requestor is
legitimate. The VA cannot reveal details due to a federal law that
is almost three decades old.

OVER three decades old: The Privacy Act of 1974.

The same is true for NARA, the
National Archives and Records Administration, which has a large
records archive in St. Louis, MO. NARA has a website which
contains the form required to request details...the filled-in form
can be e-mailed for personal data, but must be sent surface mail
for full disclosure.

The only logical conclusion is that Dudly's claims to military
service are a FRAUD, a fabrication, a LIE. In his case, a "rear
area" is what he has been giving us.

Well, any proof he offers now will need to be pretty damn convincing.

Old August 28th 05, 03:53 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:37:46 -0700, John Smith
wrote in
:

Frank:

You are much more dense than I'd imagined, I am sorry to have given you
too much credit, let me explain it to you, perhaps you can get the picture.

snip

No need, but I read it anyway. You have concluded that I think life
does not exist elsewhere in the universe. I said no such thing. On the
contrary, I think that extraterrestrial life is not just a possibility
but a statistical probability with a level of confidence that's better
than the sun rising each morning.

What I find amusing is the way some people use that as a justification
for their belief that the government is hiding little grey aliens.

Old August 28th 05, 03:54 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:34:14 -0700, Cmdr Buzz corey
wrote in :

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Well, I'll tell ya, Dave -- I have absolutely no regrets about
anything I did in the Marines,

But the Marines probably do.

What's this..... tag-team flame wars?

Old August 28th 05, 04:06 AM
John Smith

Frank:

Grey? Who told you grey? I heard it was green! grin

John

Old August 28th 05, 04:11 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:06:44 -0700, John Smith
wrote in
:

Frank:

Grey? Who told you grey? I heard it was green! grin

Dave Hall (N3CVJ) said they were grey. He also said they were from
Zeta Reticuli. I guess he's an expert with those sorts of things.

Old August 28th 05, 04:11 AM
KØHB

"John Smith" wrote

Then again, even if it a "mud puddle god" which is now on his/her/their
way to us right now, we may not be able to tell the difference between
them/it and a/the supreme being(s)--or perhaps, "God forbid!", they did
create us and now study us from a "duck blind"...

In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic
loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what
We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one
was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close as mud as man sat up,
looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he
asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.

--- Book of Bokonon, Chapter 1, Verses 2-4