Old August 28th 05, 04:20 PM
John Smith

K0HB:

Yes, well, enigmas which run in circles, that is all there is...

John

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:12:40 +0000, KØHB wrote:

"John Smith" wrote

In fact, it was this professor who first told me to look either for angels
or aliens--before he finally settled on the angels (intelligence NOT from
a mud puddle as you could ever find upon an earth-like planet)...

The only thing that I can think of which is more impossible to believe than "mud
became man" is angels that just "were".

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old August 28th 05, 05:04 PM
Dave Heil

Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Dudly kept talking about his "seven hostile actions"
and implying he was in the thick of them.

I've never bragged about being IN any hostile actions. If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned. Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Just as they have not permitted you to comment about "amateur" radio
because you hold no license, NoServers may not comment about the
military.

Hold on, Sparky. Len has commented here at great length and on many,
many occasions.

And what has Jim's response been to Len's comments?

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What you
said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s)...

I've seen any number of Len's comments made to look like the product of
one who has little experience.

...they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Sometimes Len's opinions are no good because they are issued because he
has no experience in amateur radio. Sometimes his opinions are no good
because they are the rantings of a geezer with an ax to grind. Often,
he makes factual errors and there have been numerous times when he
deliberately fabricates.

David Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

Oh no, I've by no means been "a primary culprit", but I have
participated over a period of years. Len isn't involved in amateur
radio. He wraps himself in bunting and writes of his Constitutional
rights of free speech and to petition his government. Well, he has done
those things. Nothing on this planet can prevent me from lauging at him
or ridiculing him or his ideas. Len writes of being denigrated or
insulted by those who do not agree with his him but he often insults and
denigrates those who have the opposite point of view.

He is quick to tell others that they are not discussing amateur radio
policy, then he goes on a multi-post rant having everything to do with
personalities and nothing to do with amateur radio.

You, of course, are Len's little electrolytic acolyte.

Dave K8MN

Old August 28th 05, 07:09 PM

From: Frank Gilliland on Sat 27 Aug 2005 19:44

On 26 Aug 2005 11:58:57 -0700, "
wrote in
s.com:
From: on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:22

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. If Jimmie say it true, it must be true!

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

The point is that a low-ranking Marine knew enough to call you out on
your military service lies.

Tsk. The stealers of valor cry foul when their stealing is stolen.

Dudly has NO PROOF whatsoever of his "forward area" action. NONE.
Aircraft ground maintenance personnel are NOT in any "forward area."

If one is NOT in a "forward area," one is in the "rear area." Such
as an Okinawa MARS station where Dudly claimed to be "Assistant
NCOIC." [wow...lots of responsibility there...in a NON-commo role
if he was really there...MARS was never a part of the Defense
Communications System]

Dudly has never referred to any common small-unit land force radio
by nomenclature or familiar name. Neither has he done so for any
common avionics radio of the 1974-1992 period. That is unthinkable
for anyone who has really been IN the military involved in radio
communications of any kind.

Not only that, but when presented with -partial- information he can't
even fill in the blanks; i.e, VINSON, discharge upgrades, etc.

Frank, I gotta say I loved your question about "serving under
Colonel Vinson!" One of the gems of this newsgroup in my opinion!
:-)

Ergo, Dudly NEVER DID what he claimed.

Dudly has presented NO PROOF of this claimed military service. He
has presented nothing but verbal generalities that can be gleaned
from publications or entertainment shows. Anyone truly proud to
have served will have some sort of documentation which can be
scanned and presented for proof. Dog tags can be scanned.

http://www.icehouse.net/wirenut/dogtag.jpg

I downloaded your previous three images. Now I know what a
"bluenose" is! :-)

Please tell me what a "TT" is...it is unfamiliar to one who has
never been to the Middle East.

Dudly says all who challenge him on his military claims should "call
the VA [Veteran's Administration]." The VA will not reveal details
to non-familiy members and must have assurance that a requestor is
legitimate. The VA cannot reveal details due to a federal law that
is almost three decades old.

OVER three decades old: The Privacy Act of 1974.

Thank you, correction noted. I seem to recall an amendment or
addition to that in 1976...but that may be my confusion with
several pieces of legislation done in 1976 such as a major
revision of the Copyright Laws and the Code of Etiquette on
The Flag. :-(

The same is true for NARA, the
National Archives and Records Administration, which has a large
records archive in St. Louis, MO. NARA has a website which
contains the form required to request details...the filled-in form
can be e-mailed for personal data, but must be sent surface mail
for full disclosure.

The only logical conclusion is that Dudly's claims to military
service are a FRAUD, a fabrication, a LIE. In his case, a "rear
area" is what he has been giving us.

Well, any proof he offers now will need to be pretty damn convincing.

If Dudly actually has any "proof" now and it is convincing, he
is then stuck with years of his insulting and demeaning behavior
in here, all nicely archived in Google. He will be NO better off
"with proof."

As is, I call him a POSEUR, a FRAUD, a SNOW JOBBER who wants others
to believe him even though he hasn't got a shred of evidence to
present for his proof.

Old August 28th 05, 07:14 PM

From: John Smith on Sat 27 Aug 2005 22:29

Len:

Just answer me one thing. Is it just me who sees "them" constructing
control-freak rules which work at 180 degrees opposite anything conductive
to experimentation and research in new protocols, equip, methods, etc?

Not just you, John, but thousands are realizing it. They are
speaking up on it in regards to WT Docket 05-235. They began
seeing all the wool pulled over their eyes back in the 1980s
when the no-code-test movement began in earnest among amateurs.

I mean these rules are beginning to look a bit like a religious cults',
and deal with the proper form, how to conduct yourself, the status quo,
the "amateur class system", proper worship of "Radio Gods", belief
systems, etc....

I've tried to show that years ago, only to be met with extreme
resistance by the Believers, the acolytes serving the Church of
St. Hiram, the self-styled self-propelled Heroes of the Hams.

THEY claim territorial imperative. THEY are da boyz in da hood
ready to gang-bang anyone intruding on their sacred turf and
changing it.

If so, I might try a few of those lotus-blossoms myself! This chit gets a
bit old fast!

Believers can't be turned off by logic or reasoning.

The only answer is prolonged deprogramming to remove the last
vestige of their brain-washing suds.

Old August 28th 05, 08:32 PM

From: on Aug 28, 8:18 am

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Just as they have not permitted you to comment about "amateur" radio
because you hold no license, NoServers may not comment about the
military.

Hold on, Sparky. Len has commented here at great length and on many,
many occasions.

[...and I will continue to do so, regardless of control freaks
who attempt to silence those against them...]

And what has Jim's response been to Len's comments?

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor.

Oh, my! "typical insulting demeanor?" Davie is above such
things? Not by all the archives in Google! :-)

What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

Right now, there's not a damn thing Jimmie can do about it...

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions. In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s), they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham. David
Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

The PCTA have been bound and determined to keep morse code
purity in U.S. amateur radio IN ANY WAY THEY CAN...since back
in the 1990s and led by Jim Kehler, KH2D, an avowed PCTA.
[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

Heil's "argument" is that NO ONE UNLICENSED CAN POSSIBLY TALK
ANYTHING ABOUT AMATEUR RADIO POLICY. That is patently FALSE.
The FCC does not require any staff or Commissioners to hold
amateur radio license grants in order to REGULATE and ENFORCE
U.S. amateur radio. There is NO SUCH PROVISO forbidding U.S.
citizens from discussing ANY federal regulations or laws.

Heil says one MUST have a license, be a "participant" in amateur
radio in order to speak about it in any way. That is still
FALSE. Such would forbid newcomers from doing anything priod
to any test, to remain silent, to blindly accept anything about
law, regulation, or even "moral-ethical" issues. Heil wants
SHEEP who blindly accept HIS control/dictates/commands.

Diplomatic Dave seems to have completely MISSED what Department
of State uses as its primary tool in carrying out U.S. foreign
policy: Diplomacy. Dave is the antithesis of this as a
demanding dictator, a self-styled self-propelled tyrant who
forbids any opposite opinions from his. Diplomatic Dave would
have us ALL throw out the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
because HE doesn't like opinions contrary to his!

It's no wonder that U.S. amateur radio is stagnating in the
number of licensed amateurs with EXAMPLES of the "highest rank"
in amateurdom such as Heil.

Old August 28th 05, 09:31 PM
KØHB

wrote

[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

That's why a lot of folks like him.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old August 28th 05, 10:05 PM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 28, 9:04 am

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What you
said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Heil sails the river denial again.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s)...

I've seen any number of Len's comments made to look like the product of
one who has little experience.

I have "little experience" in toadying up to self-styled
"masters of radio" who pretend to know the answers. I have
LOTS of experience in being around such. You are just one
more in a long line of self-assumed masters of radio.

...they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Sometimes Len's opinions are no good because they are issued because he
has no experience in amateur radio.

"No experience?" Is amateur radio different from all other radio?
Tsk, tsk. NO. ALL radio is subject to the SAME physical laws.
Only MAN-MADE laws differentiate "amateur radio" from all other
radio.

Heil has NO EXPERIENCE in regulating radio, of controlling those
MAN-MADE laws. Ergo, Heil has NO EXPERIENCE in law-making policy
concerning radio!

To repeat: NOTHING in the laws establishing the FCC require any
staffer or Commissioner to hold an amateur radio license grant in
order to REGULATE U.S. amateur radio. By Heil's reasoning, the
FCC has "no experience" in regulating amateur radio. Obviously
it does. Just as obviously, Heil's personal opinion is invalid
in reality.

Sometimes his opinions are no good
because they are the rantings of a geezer with an ax to grind.

"Geezer?" "Axe?" :-)

That from a former employee of the U.S. government supposedly
involved in "diplomacy" who demands that all newcomers to
amateur radio test for skill in a 161-year-old primitive
communications code?

"Geezer:" Dictionary definition is "Noun, slang, an eccentric
olf man." Tsk, tsk, that applies to HEIL more than I. :-)

Heil is NO youth. His youth was left behind many years ago.
Heil keeps defending the "necessity" to test for morse code
skill for an amateur radio license. The morse code test for
an amateur radio license has NEVER left U.S. amateur radio
regulations...a length of time longer than Heil has been
alive (71 years). Heil has shown NO valid reasons to retain
the code test in U.S. regulations; his main comments on that
is to act uncivilly to all who propose eliminating that code
test. That fits "eccentric" far more than my wishes to
eliminate the OLD, unnecessary morse code test.

Heil fits the "geezer with a (blunt) axe" to grind far better
than I. He refuses any change, will not give in to progress
in regulations.

Often,
he makes factual errors and there have been numerous times when he
deliberately fabricates.

Nonsense. I do not "often make factual errors." Google archives
will show that.

I fabricate electronic hardware sometimes. Some of that involves
radio. I fabricate other physical things as well. What I do NOT
fabricate is specious, illogical, emotional DEMANDS that ALL
must follow Heil's dictates in amateur radio regulation changes
(or "unchanges" in Heil's apparent viewpoint).

I have NOT "fabricated" what I've said about beginning in HF radio
communications in (what I term) the "Big Leagues of Radio" over
a half century ago.

I have NOT "fabricated" my personal references in experience in
radio. They are still alive and licensed radio amateurs.

I have NOT "fabricated" any of my work experience, have listed
my past employers in here. Anyone can check those out
independently.

Obviously one other in here HAS done considerable "fabrication."

I need NOT "fabricate" things with deliberate omissions of facts
in order to make a point...nor do I need to "fabricate" opinions
of others who deliberately try to demean, denigrate, or insult
my person just because I have opinions different to them. I need
only refer to the overall history of radio-electronics available
to all who care to look. Not like the ARRL deliberately leaving
out other radio services activities in attempting to "prove" that
amateurs "pioneered all radio."

David Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

Oh no, I've by no means been "a primary culprit", but I have
participated over a period of years.

4,022 posts as of 25 August 2005 according to Google archives.

Len isn't involved in amateur radio.

Neither are any FCC staffers or Commissioners required to have
amateur radio license grants in order to REGULATE and ENFORCE
U.S. amateur radio.

Sunnuvagun!

He wraps himself in bunting and writes of his Constitutional
rights of free speech and to petition his government.

I wear rather conventional clothing and eschew "bunting."

Yes, I am a citizen of the United States of America and choose
to exercise my RIGHTS (guaranteed under the Consitution) as I
see fit. Heil has a "problem" with that?

Well, he has done those things.

Amazing observation. Heil has "monitored" ALL of my actions?
He has a dossiere of what I have done? [wouldn't put it past
a control-freak to do that kind of "stalking"]

Nothing on this planet can prevent me from lauging at him
or ridiculing him or his ideas.

Nothing in this universe can prevent ME from laughing right
back at the ultra-conservative geezer called Heil...and
exposing his dictatorial viewpoints on who is "allowed to
express themselves" in this free society.

Len writes of being denigrated or
insulted by those who do not agree with his him but he often insults and
denigrates those who have the opposite point of view.

Poor baby, don't like it when return fire is stronger than
your attempted character assassination shootings at me? :-)

He is quick to tell others that they are not discussing amateur radio
policy, then he goes on a multi-post rant having everything to do with
personalities and nothing to do with amateur radio.

WT Docket 05-235 (now before the FCC and all citizens) is about
nothing else but the morse code test for a U.S. amateur radio
license. Is discussion of that "ranting?" I think not.

Discussion, debate, argument about a test for GETTING INTO U.S.
amateur radio is "ranting?" When it comes to specious, invalid,
illogical, emotional, subjective "reasons" for its retention IS
"ranting." By the PCTA.

The NCTA want to OPEN UP U.S. amateur radio, to all who care to
get into it, NOT restrict entry by some old, outmoded, dictatorial
and arbitrary barriers which the FCC themselves have said is
unneccessary. Heil keeps on RANTING that those old, outmoded,
dictatorial, arbitrary reasons are "valid" yet has presented NO
proof to qualify them. All Heil has presented are a number of
personal insults directed to those who oppose him, as below:

You, of course, are Len's little electrolytic acolyte.

I do not know Brian Burke personally. We live 2000+ miles apart.
By all his words in here, Brian Burke has demonstrated that he is
HIS OWN MAN, not some "acolyte" or "little electrolyte." You
insult him and myself in saying he is some kind of "acolyte" to
my thinking. FREEDOM is not a "cult." It is the basis for the
creation and continuation of the United States of America.

That Brian and I SHARE THE SAME VIEWPOINT of yourself is due to
YOUR words. You do not regulate U.S. amateur radio, have never
been in any position to do so. All you have done is to keep an
amateur radio license grant for four decades. Many others have
done so for longer.

I repeat once again: The FCC does NOT require any staffer or
Commissioner to hold an amateur radio license grant in order to
REGULATE and ENFORCE U.S. amateur radio. YOU are NOT a regulator
or enforcer of U.S. amateur radio; only a wannabee dictator who
has no more power than any other U.S. citizen, licensed or
unlicensed. Try to adjust to that very real FACT.

Old August 29th 05, 12:30 AM

From: K0HB on Aug 28, 1:31 pm

wrote

[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

That's why a lot of folks like him.

Absolutely...even when he wrote the following:

"HAM RADIO OPERATORS ARE INTROVERTS - In most cases, FACT. It's
much easier to speak your mind on the 75 meter Goober net than
it is to stand up in front of a group of real people and do it.
Meeting a ham in person whom you've talked to on the air for a
long time is usually an eye opening (and sometimes heart
breaking) experience. Most times you'll find that the mental
image you've created of a person you haven't met gets shattered
when you do finally meet them. If you've been talking to John
Wayne on the radio and you're finally going to meet him at the
flea market, don't get your hopes up. In years gone by, hams
fell into a few well known categories - A1 Ops, Lids, Kids, and
Space Cadets. Today those categories have changed. Most hams
can be classified into one of three commonly found groups -
Freaks, Jerks, and Wierdos."

[quoted direct from some beloved opinion at http://kh2d.net]

So, Hans, which one are you? Freak, Jerk, or Weirdo? :-)