Old June 6th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - fellow IBOC-shill diputes your claims about AM ratings.

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on Thu,
5 Jun 2008 14:24:32 -0700, David Eduardo wrote: Begin

Most of SD county does not receive a listenable signal from KNX based
on
what signal level is required to get ratings.

I get them just fine,
maybe you're thinking of the Anza Borrego desert communities

No, I am thinking of the fact, verified by dozens of ratings periods in
many, many markets that shows that AMs get over 95% of their in home and
at
work listening (70% lof the total listening on average is in home or at
work
where ZIPs are tracable) is in areas where the signal is 10 mv/m or
greater.
Since only a tiny amount of shoreline has that intensity from KNX, there
is
pretty much nowhere that the signal is usable by the average,
non-hobbyist,
listener. Which is part of why they have essentially no in home or at
work
listening at all in SD County (the county is the metro for Arbitron).

SNIP

You are so full of crap. You don't know what you are talking about at
all.

Yeah, you are right and the measured behaviour of millions of persons over
the period of a decade or more is wrong.

San Diego is one of the markets where listening location vs. signal strength
has been analyzed, going back to 1998 and covering 39 survey periods and
nearly 100,000 listener diaries.

Old June 6th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

[...]

Pure pedant.

Old June 6th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce, full time Bozo, wrote:

Pure pedant.

You really should learn the usage of nouns. The correct form of the word
in this case is 'pedantry', making it 'Pure pedantry'.

Another correct variation of your attempted slur is:

'purely pedantic'

A 'pedant' is a person, so your attempt at literacy, 'pure pedant',
actually means 'saintly male teacher'.

mike

--
Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

http://improve-usenet.org/
Old June 6th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

dxAce, full time Bozo, wrote:

Pure pedant.

You really should learn the usage of nouns. The correct form of the word
in this case is 'pedantry', making it 'Pure pedantry'.

Another correct variation of your attempted slur is:

'purely pedantic'

A 'pedant' is a person, so your attempt at literacy, 'pure pedant',
actually means 'saintly male teacher'.

Thanks, now all you need to do is take that and your shine box on the road and
you might just accomplish something.

Old June 6th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

m II wrote:

dxAce, full time Bozo, wrote:

Pure pedant.

You really should learn the usage of nouns. The correct form of the word
in this case is 'pedantry', making it 'Pure pedantry'.

Another correct variation of your attempted slur is:

'purely pedantic'

A 'pedant' is a person, so your attempt at literacy, 'pure pedant',
actually means 'saintly male teacher'.

Thanks, now all you need to do is take that and your shine box on the road and
you might just accomplish something.

Actually, 'pedant' is defined as:

n., A person who is excessively concerned with minor details and
rules, or with displaying academic learning.

Given his academic credentials, I'd say David is definitely
overcompensating for some perceived defiency.

"That's our Eduardo!"

Old June 7th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

[...]

You are full of it Eduardo. I don't care where you get your data from
it's either wrong, you have misinterpreted it or made incorrect
extrapolations. In any event you don't know up from down.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 7th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
San Diego is one of the markets where listening location vs. signal
strength has been analyzed, going back to 1998 and covering 39 survey
periods and nearly 100,000 listener diaries.

You are full of it Eduardo. I don't care where you get your data from
it's either wrong, you have misinterpreted it or made incorrect
extrapolations. In any event you don't know up from down.

The listening data is from over 100,000 Arbitron diaries over the last 10
years. listening locations taken from Arbiton's Maximiser and plotted on
MapMaker, another Arbitron application. Then, contours of stations are laid
over the maps, using one of the engineering applications to create multiple
contours.

The data is accurate... it is the Arbitron ratings. There is no
interpretation... just a view of where listening takes place either for home
or work listening... and a determination of where it occurs vs. signal
strength.

Several broadcasters have done this, as well as Arbitron itself to determine
how to do ascription which in many cases is totally signal based.

Old June 7th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
[...]

Let me explain to you what you have done. You had preconceived notions
and manipulated data to get what you wanted. Then you forget the process
you went through to pervert the data and declare it supports your
position. This is pathetic at best. Like I said you could continue to
fool yourself but nobody else is going to be fooled. This mental method
is very evident in most of your posts. You look like a complete
charlatan and a fake. Nobody is buying what you are selling. I hope this
explanation is clear to you but I expect you will not be able to except
it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old June 7th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

Such studies of listening areas are done by broadcasters to determine where
to do promotional activities. That includes van hits, street events,
location of billboards, In the case of an LA radio station, budgets for this
type of promotion might be in the millions of dollars a year.

That's why it is important to plot where the listening occurs, and in the
case of forward-looking growth situations, where there is a potential for
growth.

A key issue in all of this is "where can I expect to pick up listening?" as
opposed to areas where it would be next to impossible to do so. As part of
this, we study how much signal is needed to support efforts to increase
listening. If nearly nobody will listen below a certain signal level,
chances are that we could throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at a low
signal area and get no listening from it.

That is why all broadcasters look at the useful coverage areas (about 10
mv/m or greater on AM for metros and 64 dbu for FM) and don't attempt to get
listeners outside such areas as it is not going to happen.

Contrary to what YOU believe, about every broadcaster in the US uses the
same criteria.