Old May 9th 04, 05:43 AM
coustanis

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

uncle arnie wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2004 08:48 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV

posted: %MM

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in

message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in

message

No you don't ****wad... I'm not

angry...

Then you're just an idiot.

You mean like you? Say it ain't so!

I gave the poor guy more advice than you

did
****wad!

No wonder your wife left and your kids won't

speak to
you.

LOL... are you related to Bryant?

Nope.

Sure would seem that way! He was talking about my

wife
leaving
me
some time back!

Err...Steve, EVERYONE is talking about your wife

leaving
you.

That's pretty funny, retard! Because if EVERYONE is

talking
about
that
then
EVERYONE is pretty well screwed up because I've never

been
married!

You're 50 years old and never been married.
Not too hard to see why.

Is there something in the US Constitution or Bill of

Rights
that
states I
must get married, retard?

If you got a little bump once in a while, maybe you'd be

able to
lighten
up
the defensiveness and name calling.

Huh? I gotta get married to get a little bump? I'll be damned.

Didn't
know
that!

Your dick won't get hard, will it?

I'm sure you'd like to find out!

Having gay fantasies again? No wonder your wife left you.

Gee, I thought the gay fantasies were yours!

There ya' go, thinking again.

Is your name Jon or Aaron?... seems to be some question about that.

There's no real question about that on my part. I know exactly who I am.
It seems however, that you do not.

twofish )

ascus4 )

sasquatch )

Yoshi )

Nunoo Quarco )

margera )

dances_with_ferrets )

coustanis )

twofish )

No one special )

Old May 9th 04, 05:44 AM
coustanis

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

coustanis wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in

message

coustanis wrote:

[...]

I didn't say there was something in the Constitution or BOR. I

just
said
that
I can see why no woman would have you.

Obviously your vision is as bad as Bryant claims his to be!

Where the **** did that come from?
HELLOOO. Try to stay focused here, ok?

I am focused, retard! You stated: I can see why no woman would have

you.

I replied: Obviously your vision is as bad as Bryant claims his to be!

What the **** don't you understand, ****head?

I don't understand why you're such a pantywasted dicksplat. I don't
understand why
you have no wife and no life. I don't understand the meaning of life or

the
answer to the universe.
I don't understand why you're sitting up there in the middle of a

freakin'
lightning storm with your
delicate electronics running just so you can try to have the last word

in an
innane exchange of
flames with someone that you've never met.
I guess that about covers it.

I guess you just plain don't undersand!

I understand so much more than you realise.

Old May 9th 04, 06:38 AM
T. Early

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message

Listening to VOA is in fact worthless. For some bad reason I get

their
hourly news from a local FM-transmitter during daytime on buisiness.
Pure propaganda for US troops travelling outside US and torture

people
just for the ONLY reason to get control over raw oil reserves.
ALL other given reasons are pure lies of the US gouvernment. But

most US
citicens are too stupid to realize it.
They just believe in the fabrications and lies of the gouvernment

you
are supporting. So YOU are a fabricator and liar too. That's a

proven fact.
I do just listen to BBC on 6195.

Yet another expert with a built in lie detector enabling him to
distinguish between various types of propaganda and the "truth."
Needless to say, "propaganda" is coverage that doesn't suit his
preconceptions, while he finds "truth" in the recently discredited
BBC because the reporting has more in common with his "America-BAD"
world view. Tell me, Volker, just what is it that makes you so much
smarter than us "stupid" U.S. citizens?

Old May 9th 04, 07:49 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Pete & Renee Davis wrote:

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en" html
Monitoring Times lists then at 5995kHz and 6130kHz. I can't rmemebr
which one it was, but I did catch them Friday night here in southern
Maine. Fading in and out badly, but they're still heeeeeeeeeeeere.
pPete Davis pJay wrote: blockquote TYPE=CITEI drifted away from
sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to brhave
discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA
frequencies. brI used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and
Central America feeds brlike locals, and during the day I got other
feeds, generally pretty well. brNow I can't find them at all.
pWhat are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
brtransmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?
pJay/blockquote /html

Can't you figure out how to posts to Usenet in plain text?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 9th 04, 08:29 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"T. Early" wrote:

[...]

Most Americans are smart enough to figure out the line of crap the BBC
is spewing and it's to bad you can't Volker.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old May 9th 04, 08:41 AM
Volker Tonn

T. Early schrieb:

Yet another expert with a built in lie detector enabling him to
distinguish between various types of propaganda and the "truth."
Needless to say, "propaganda" is coverage that doesn't suit his
preconceptions, while he finds "truth" in the recently discredited
BBC because the reporting has more in common with his "America-BAD"

You're basically right. But you have to listen to find out what's going
wrong.

Tell me, Volker, just what is it that makes you so much
smarter than us "stupid" U.S. citizens?

I KNOW that even the german government is lying all the way. The
difference is: in first place I do not believe anything our government
says, and I basically do NOT support our government.
Too many americans are following their government like blind sheeps :-(
It's not far away from taking it religous.
Ar least our (german) radiostations are independent from government.
Although they go wrong on some facts too. But they are smart enough to
to clear it up.

Old May 9th 04, 08:49 AM
Volker Tonn

John Barnard schrieb:

There are a number of spoilers that schedule information can't accomodate.
Propagation, receiver differences, antenna differences, local noise etc.,
etc. can render even the most up-to-date schedule information as seemingly
useless. In other words, without knowing everything that Jay tried, the
information was useful.

So where is a VOA transmission directed(!) to NE-america?
There is NONE. So what chance would be to get VOA there?

Old May 9th 04, 10:19 AM
starman

Jay wrote:

I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
Now I can't find them at all.

What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

Jay

Here's the complete VOA language/frequency schedule (below). Try the
English frequencies for the various target areas (countries). Some of
them should be audible in the US. It would be helpful if you learn more
about shortwave propagation so you'll know what frequencies are likely
to be heard in your area at certain times of the day/night.

http://www.voa.gov/allsked.cfm

Old May 9th 04, 10:20 AM
starman

John Doty wrote:

Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best way
I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with people
they consider to be fools.

In answer to your original question, many international broadcasters,
including the VOA, have judged that they get better coverage of their
intended audiences via FM, satellite, and internet broadcasting, at
least in the more developed countries. It has gotten much more difficult
to pick up international shortwave in North America because of this. So
it becomes much more of a research problem: understanding propagation,
look for a broadcast intended for somewhere else that might make it to
your location. I can't give you specifics because I haven't done the
research for the VOA, and in any case, it depends on what part of the
country you live in. It often depends on things like transmitter antenna
sidelobes. It's generally impractical to obtain this information, so you
just have to try a bunch of frequencies to see what you can get. A good
antenna is a must.

-jpd

Hey John, where have you been hiding? I miss your contributions here.
I'm still trying to keep things on topic but it's getting really trying.
You can see what happened just with this thread. I feel sorry for the
OP. Do you hang out on any other groups for your shortwave 'fix'?