Old February 23rd 05, 11:32 PM
Brian Oakley

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

You read the old dispenstion, not the new one. I suggest a class in
dispensation at your local church.

Thanks, but I had it rammed down my throat by nuns and priests from the

age
of 5. Luckily I learned how to think for myself and stop believing in
ancient fairy stories, despite the brainwashing.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Like I said, you need a class at a local church, not a Catholic cathedral.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:33 PM
Brian Oakley

"David" wrote in message
It is an Elizabthan Mind****er's Handbook. Very useful for oppressing
slaves.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor
free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:45 PM
Brian Oakley

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
RJ wrote:

I do need some advice regarding some other elements
of God's Laws and how to follow them:

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not
Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

You don't even own yourself.

1 Corinthians 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of
men.

1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in
your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think a fair price
would be for her?

If she's like her pop she's probably not worth much. Best just give her
away. :-)

3. I know that I am not allowed to contact with a woman while she is
in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24) The
problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women
take offense.

You aren't supposed to ask, or know about, "most women" !

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates
a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is, my
neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should
I smite them?

Have you been by a good steak house about 6 or 7 PM lately? You need to
take one of your neighbors out to supper with you. They'll change their
minds about the smell of char-broiled steak!

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally
obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do
it?

First you need to learn when the Sabbath begins and ends to be sure you
aren't following some tradition of men. Are you referring to Lunar
Lunacy? The Solar Sabbath? The "legal" day - midnight to midnight? Or
are you referring to the Jewish "sabbath" which they claim begins on one
day and ends on another; i.e. sundown Friday to sundown Saturday?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a less abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there
'degrees' of abomination.

There are 'degrees' of 'rewards' for both good and evil deeds.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and
the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of
life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the
books, according to their works.
Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death
and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged
every man according to their works.
Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is
the second death.
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was
cast into the lake of fire.

7. Lev. 21:20 sates that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to b e 20/20, or is there some
wiggle-room here?

You're not a priest. ... At least I surely hope you're not!

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the
hair around their temples, even though this is expressly
forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I suspect your head is already round and ALL your friends are male!
Birds of a feather flock together. Why would YOU kill YOUR friends? ;-)

9. I know from Lev. 11:-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

These laws don't apply to some people. They were for GOD'S people to
live by! Eat all the swine you like. The trichinosis is FREE!

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also
tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that
we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to
stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16) Could we just burn them death at a
private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with
their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Just as the previous question. These laws were for a peculiar,
separated, chosen, holy people. I doubt they apply at all to YOU.

However, you might be surprised how much healthier and happier we'd all
be if we did NOT eat genetically engineered foods, wear clothing of
different materials or have disobedient children! Think about it!

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy
considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can
help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and
unchanging.

rj

Old February 23rd 05, 11:58 PM
Brian Oakley

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

However, you might be surprised how much healthier and happier we'd all

be
if we did NOT eat genetically engineered foods, wear clothing of

different
materials or have disobedient children! Think about it!

My granddad ate F1 hybrid tomatoes all his life and it did him no harm.

Hybrid tomatoes are not genetically engineered.

My
cycling top is made of man made fibres and is far superior to cotton or

wool
which just get damp,

And that cycling top was maded from oil out of the ground that God created.
No secrets here.

but what I really want to know is this. One of the ten
commandments says thou shall not kill.

Last week, I got an infected elbow joint which had bacteria in it. My

doctor
gave me some antibiotics. Have I committed a mortal sin by killing the
bacteria?

Well, firtly lets consider the context of killing.
The context here is as it applies to people.

Genesis 4:And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when
they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew
him.
Genesis 4:9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he
said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
Genesis 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's
blood crieth unto me from the ground.
Genesis 4:11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her
mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

So we can see that killing someone is not good.

Now, lets look at animals.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of
the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every
creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So we see that man has dominion over the animal and plant kingdom.

John 21:9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals
there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

Here Jesus and His diciples are about to have breakfast of fish and bread.
The fish die before they are eaten (unless someone takes a hankerin to
swallowing live goldfish or something). The death of the animal was to the
benefit of those people who partook.
Now lets look at your situation, as fanciful as youve made it to be. If you
kill the bacteria to keep yourself alive, the same principal of taking the
life of an animal to keep you from harm still applies. Wether it by by
eating or by preventing attack upon your body. Think about that.

Old February 24th 05, 12:12 AM
Brian Oakley

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Oakley wrote:

"Honus" wrote in message

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Copied from page 241 of the New Testament of a 1963 edition of Dake's
Annotated Reference Bible. As far as I know ALL his Bible's are King
James Only.

[ALL TYPOS ARE MINE ALONE! I think I'll copyright them!] :-)

[Where
he underlined for emphasis I'll use upper case.]

===========

A Tribute to the Bible

The Bible is not an amulet, a charm, a fetish, or a book that will

work
wonders by its very presence.

IT IS a book that will work wonders in every life, here and

hereafter,
if acted upon and obeyed in faith and sincerity. IT IS God's

inspired
revelation of the origin and destiny of all things, written in the

most
simple human language possible so that the most unlearned can

understand
and obey its teachings. IT IS self-interpreting and covers every
subject of human knowledge and need now and forever.

That means absolutely nothing, and the same claims could be made by any
other holy book. And written in the most simple human language

possible?
What hyperbole! It was written in an inferior language, plain and

simple.
Having a word for "sphere" or "globe", etc. for example would have made

the
whole is the Earth round or flat debate moot. I won't even go near the
"almah" means young lady vs. virgin debate. And as for understanding

and
obeying its teachings, yeah...right. that's why they're more subsets of
Christianity than you can name.

I have to disagree. The Koran cant work wonders as it teaches its

followers
to kill all infidels. As for language, simple means simple, doesn't mean

it

So does the Old Testament if you read the right parts selectively.
The problem is fundies, /literalists and people that have an agenda
and are using a holy book to justify their ends. A pox on them.

I dont think its the "fundies". I think its people that have such a naive
mind that wont believe the truth when the read it.

The popularly quoted phrase from the Koran that says "kill all the
infidels" is taken out of context. The rest of the paragraph says
"unless they leave us alone". Nothing wring with that.

Read the writings of Karen Armstrong

http://www.islamfortoday.com/karenarmstrong.htm

and Bernard Lewis

http://www.arab2.com/biography/bernard-lewis.htm

Verse 9:123 - "Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you."
Verse 47:3 - "When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off
their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly."
Verse 48:29 - "Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are
ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another."
Verse 66:9 - "Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and
deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate."
5:17 - "Unbelievers are those who decla 'God is the Messiah, the son of
Mary.'"
verse 5:51 - "Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your
friends. They are friends with one another."
Verse 4:101 - "The unbelievers are your inveterate foe."
Verse 3:117 - "Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people."

So, which ones of these verses are taken out of context?

Old February 24th 05, 01:08 AM
Al Patrick

Brian Oakley wrote:

So we can see that killing someone is not good.

Brian,

Thou shalt not kill SHOULD BE translated Thou shalt do NO MURDER.

Sometimes killing someONE can be VERY GOOD! The "leaven" would have us
believe that we are NEVER to kill. "They" protect almost ALL PREDATORS
because they ARE PREDATORS. Spotted owl, or any owl, hawk, etc. is
protected so we don't have as many quail, blue birds, sparrows, robins,
etc. "They" protect the wolves so the rabbits and other small animals
will be eaten. The thief comes ONLY to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY!

Think about it. So many "laws" are written to protect the criminal!
Why do you think they want to take away the guns? So they can starve us
into submission as was done in Russia and so many other places. :-)

The predators make LOTS of money off crime. If we break into a few
places and steal their belongs they'll come to us and BEG us to take
their money to "insure" their belongings. If we crash airplanes into
towers, and bring the towers down with explosives we can get people all
over the world to submit to having their wives fondled at airport
security check points. They'll surrender their rights to travel freely,
carry protection, not have security cameras monitoring their every move,
etc., etc., etc. Do you realize how close we are now to hearing,
"Your papers please!" just to go from state to state? You'll soon know.

Al
Old February 24th 05, 01:59 AM
Brian Running

As for language, simple means simple, doesn't mean it
translates exactly the way you want it to in whatever language you choose.

As for "subsets" of
Christianity, more properly called denominations, that has nothing to do
with disobeying the Bible at all. It has to do with interpretation.
Different verses can be understood in different ways. Sometimes our lack of
ability to clearly translate an ancient language into our own lends itself
to such differences of interpretation.

The above two excerpts were written by the same person, in the same
post, separated by only two sentences. Good thing it has a lot to do
with shortwave, otherwise I'd think it was just a lot of crazy talk.
Old February 24th 05, 02:02 AM
Brian Running

You dont know your history. Christians have NOT killed unbelievers. The
political leaders of the Church may have, but just because someone is a
leader doesnt mean they know Christ.

Sure it is! Its an easy religion for a sinner to follow! You can hate anyone
thats not of your thinking!

Once again, written by the same person in the same post. Do you suppose
he doesn't get the irony of these two statements together? Darned good
thing it has so much to do with shortwave, or else I'd think it was just
loony talk.
Old February 24th 05, 02:12 AM
Brian Running

SOMEBODY TAKE THIS BALL AND RUN A TOUCHDOWN WITH IT!

Hello. This is God. All right, look. The joke is over now, guys, you
can lay off. Sorry 'bout all this whole creation thing getting out of
hand, but you know, even I couldn't foresee how leaving a sense of humor
out of some people would cause so much trouble. How about you all go
get yourselves a cool drink, now? Did you hear the one about the rabbi
and the priest that met at the ecumenical conference? Let me tell you
about it...
Old February 24th 05, 02:16 AM
Larry Ozarow

Brian Oakley wrote:
ve made

the

whole is the Earth round or flat debate moot. I won't even go near the
"almah" means young lady vs. virgin debate. And as for understanding and
obeying its teachings, yeah...right. that's why they're more subsets of
Christianity than you can name.

I have to disagree. The Koran cant work wonders as it teaches its followers
to kill all infidels. As for language, simple means simple, doesn't mean it
translates exactly the way you want it to in whatever language you choose.
As for the "almah" "debate", the writers of the Septuagint clearly
understood the meaning of the Hebrew and translated it with the Greek word
for "virgin". That argument is pretty much closed.

Hardly. The word is used in both contexts in the Hebrew bible. Hebrew
had a couple of terms for young women, "na'arah" and "almah," not to
mention "bethulah" which is also ambiguous as to virginity and they
may or may not have had different meanings. It's possible
that the Greek of the period did not have a word to precisely connote
whatever it was that the the compilers of the Septuagint had in mind,
so they chose "ha'almah." The reference in Isaiah seems to be clearly
describing an event which is to happen in the immediate future, in
an attempt to dissuade king Ahaz from handing over Judah to the
Assyrians to protect it from alliance of the Syrians and Northern
kingdom. This
is supported by the use of the definite article - it is "the almah"
in Hebrew, not "an almah" as KJV incorrectly has it.

Bible Voice B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 13th 04 10:03 PM
Bible Voice Broadcasting A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 19th 04 11:43 PM
Bishop of Oxford writes "Gay love's fine, it's all in the Bible" The REAL Agent Smith General 0 July 1st 03 02:04 PM
Bishop of Oxford writes "Gay love's fine, it's all in the Bible" The REAL Agent Smith Scanner 0 July 1st 03 02:04 PM