Old July 23rd 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC Crap News

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's also interesting that, on his website, Tardo represents himself as
"Executive Vice President of Univision Radio's research and programming
division". However, if you look at the page promoting the NAB
conference in San Diego in 2004

http://tinyurl.com/rzgea

he's "president of programming at Univision Radio". Either Tardo was
demoted since 2004 or he isn't able to keep his story straight.
Interesting.

NAB made a mistake. So what? At the time, I was VP Programming. Now I am
EVP. Simple.

Sure it is....sure. NAB didn't make a mistake. You made a mistake by
getting caught in another lie.

Old July 23rd 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Oh yeah, he has indicated to me that he currently has a Drake R8B and two
R75's.

So I wonder if he ever actually disposed of the Drake, or whether that was
yet more of
Edweenies BS?

I gave away the Drake I had in LA, keeping the Ten Tec in Prescott and the
R-75 in the Desert. I added a newer R8B later, as I got the bug for DXing
Mexican AMs again. I also gave away an NRD 525 to an NRC member who was
retired and needed a good radio.

Hey, I'm retired and I need another good radio or two. Why don't you send me
that R8B and the Ten-Tec? After all, you don't use them very much.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 23rd 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Is it true that you only started using "Eduardo" in 2000? How does this
use of this name promote your business?

It's true! Right about that time he ceased being David_Gleason and became
David
Eduardo on the net.

Ah, it is all about the net! Wow, that is significant.

Now he claims to have been baptized 'Eduardo' in 1947, up in Cleveland,
Ohio. He
was born David Frackelton Gleason in 1946.

It is even on my drivers licences. At school, it was amusing to have "DEFG"
as initials, a pure alphabet sequence.

Yeah, that's really amusing. I'm busting a gut over it right now.

One wonders why, when he spent so much time in Mexico, Ecuador, San Juan,
etc., he
did not use the 'Eduardo' shtick at that time? He had business cards
printed,
signed letters to listeners, was on HCJB, had his name in radio
publications, both
professional and hobby (most often appearing as David Gleason and at times
as
David F. Gleason) and NEVER once does the name 'Eduardo' ever come up.

I did not care for the very long name much in earlier times. I simply
decided it was neat for the web, and now I use it frequently elsewhere. As I
said, always been on my personal documents.

Yeah, people do sometimes just 'decide' that it's time to use a
different name. They usually 'decide' this when they're up to something
and want to deceive others about who they are.

What difference does it make?

You tell us. You're the one who is doing it.

If one looks at his resume page, one very telling item is his mothers
death notice
which appears to be dated 1997 which lists her survivors as:

Carolyn G. Oberndorf, David Gleason, H. Lansing Vail, Thomas V. H. Vail,
Jane
Vaughn and Stanton K. Gleason.

Wonder why David didn't at least get an F. tossed in there, let alone an
E. F.?
At least his stepbrother got the V. H. put in.

The V.H. is for "Van Heusen" which is a single name. And who knows how
reporters do obituaries (it is not called a "death notice, you fool). They
don't give the proof to the heirs to check (even if Tom Vail was the
publisher of the paper at the time). My sister's name should be Caroline C.
G. Oberndorg, too... so what?

Bottom line, he certainly is a Frackelton, but he sure as hell isn't an
'Eduardo',
at least until right around the year 2000 when he adopted that shtick,
apparently
right around the time he discovered that he could check off a box on the
Census
form and become an instant Hispanic.

Actually, again, as I have told you, in the 1990 Census in Puerto Rico, the
census takers filled out the race and Hispanic questions themselves based on
observation, as most forms were done door to door there. So I never filled
in anything. The Hispanic question has been on every Census questionnaire
since 1980, by the way.

Make all the excuses you like. You are totally BUSTED!

Old July 23rd 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

Again with the problem of how AMBCB sounds. AMBCB sounds just fine.

Even when music is available on FM, such as Mexico (loads of music
stations
still there) the younger audience does not listen. In fact, FM listening
in
Mexico is higher than that of the US! It is nearly all about quality of
the
sound, not the programming... because most Mexican cities have more
viable
AM signals than US cities do.

Yes, but why do you keep ducking the issue about your name?

... because I have been over it with DXass over and over again. Eduardo is
my baptismal given name. Like adding "Bob" to "Billy."

Pretty simple. I post with my first names, just as you post with your first
name.

The difference is that we have no idea who you are, and I do not hide my
full identity.

BUSTED!!

Old July 23rd 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's also interesting that, on his website, Tardo represents himself as
"Executive Vice President of Univision Radio's research and programming
division". However, if you look at the page promoting the NAB
conference in San Diego in 2004

http://tinyurl.com/rzgea

he's "president of programming at Univision Radio". Either Tardo was
demoted since 2004 or he isn't able to keep his story straight.
Interesting.

NAB made a mistake. So what? At the time, I was VP Programming. Now I am
EVP. Simple.

Sure it is....sure. NAB didn't make a mistake. You made a mistake by
getting caught in another lie.

As I've said before, it's always somebody else making mistakes, somebody else
confusing dates, etc., etc., etc. with Edfraudo.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 23rd 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Oh yeah, he has indicated to me that he currently has a Drake R8B and two
R75's.

So I wonder if he ever actually disposed of the Drake, or whether that was
yet more of
Edweenies BS?

I gave away the Drake I had in LA, keeping the Ten Tec in Prescott and the
R-75 in the Desert. I added a newer R8B later, as I got the bug for DXing
Mexican AMs again. I also gave away an NRD 525 to an NRC member who was
retired and needed a good radio.

So where is the other 'R-75'? You said you had two (2).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 23rd 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

Is it true that you only started using "Eduardo" in 2000? How does this
use of this name promote your business?

It's a second given name. It does not help my professional activities, and
it was given to me decades ago. This is a mind fart of DXass.

BUSTED!!

Call it a mind fart if you like. You're the one who's trapped in the
elevator with it! LOL!

Old July 23rd 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Since HD does not interfere with existing AM listening in analog, try
explaining this one, too.

Sure it does, Edweenie! It DESTROYS the two adjacent channels, you
blubbering
nitwit!

It does not destroy anything that is commonly being used. Therefore, if the
bandwidth can be used productively for something else, there is no loss.

Old July 23rd 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
s.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

Huh? We are trying to preserve the value of tens of billions of
dollars
worth of AM stations by keeping them viable for longer.

The truth is more along the lines of "We are trying to make a quick
buck while the opportunity still exists."

There is no way to make a quick buck in radio. If you know how, please
illuminate us. Otherwise, do what you keep telling me to do: stuff it.
Your
defense for soing nothing is based on a total lack of facts, no alternate
plan, no alternatives. You just criticize what is being done, yet have no
suggestions... just invective.

That's more than you have, Sunshine.

As I suspected. You have no solution, just criticism of those who are
willing to try something, anything, to save AM.

Since HD does not interfere with existing AM listening in analog, try
explaining this one, too.

It does interfere with existing AM listening, nutsack. Maybe you should
actually turn on a radio one of these days. You've apparently never
heard one.

It does not interfere with anythjing that is bieng listened to by a
measurable segment of the population.

If a supermarket puts licorice flavored ocoffee on the shelves, but it only
moves 2 jars a month, they will use that shelf space for something more
people come to buy.
..

The losers: an tiny handful of DXers on AM, and a very few listeners to
distant signals. The DXers will adapt (just as they did to 24/7 schedules
in
the 50's and 60's) and the distant "regulars" will have to go to
satellite,
streaming, etc.

A tiny handful of people who appear to have you worried enough to keep
coming back to this group again and again and again. You sure seem
preoccupied with this unimportant group.

Nope. It is just an interesting debate. HD is already on the air on 1000
stations, and another 1000 will come this next year. Nothing is stopping HD.
The real issue now is whether any thing, HD included, can save AM.

Old July 23rd 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's a gamble... but doing nothing is not an alternative.

If this is the best you can come up with, I suggest you read up on how
to put satellites into orbit.

That is an even worse business model. There is some doubt that satellite
will be profitable before WiMax makes it obsolete, with better reception in
the long run... especially in home and at work, where satellite is a frail
contender.

Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
Fake news from Washington Joel Rubin Shortwave 26 February 24th 05 02:57 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
The AM IBOC mess is yet to begin... WBRW Broadcasting 1 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM