Old June 1st 12, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hopefully not off topic

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

And what the electrons do in such instalation:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ectricity.html
"
a.. It is very simple to light a building with power stolen from a
nearby radio transmitter as a farmer once proved with a barn.
b.. 1. Ensure that the building is isolated and near a powerful
transmitter
c.. 2. Fit it with a metal roof (corrugated iron works well)
d.. 3. Connect the lights between the roof and a good earth connection
e.. 4. Bask in the glow
There no the "crystal" or a diode.
What do you think. Will it be working with the diode between the light
and the roof ?

Where come from the electrons?
S*

Did you read the final comment - "I am afraid that Peter Stuart has been
misled. There is not the slightest chance of "tapping in" to the power
being radiated even from the highest power stations". That came from
someone who ran high power transmitters.

How much power input or output does a transmitter have to have in order
for it to be a "powerful" transmitter? I have a 400W transmitter around
six miles away and a 200kW transmitter around 50 miles away. Which one's
signal will be the stronger at my house?

How accurate are science based reports in the Telegraph?

And what is your opinion about Wiki:
"It is now known that this device
operated by emitting electrons from the single electrode through a
combination of field electron emission and thermionic emission. Once
liberated, electrons are strongly repelled by the high electric field near
the electrode during negative voltage peaks from the oscillating HV
output".
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Nikola_Tesla

I hope that you accept the word "electrode" in place of "antenna's end"
S*

My guess is that the quote from Wiki relates to vacuum tubes. Ah yes, it
does. Shall we put the farmer's barn into a large vacuum?

As I said ...

Old June 1st 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
All fundamentals were invented in XIX by Faraday, Stokes, Lorenz and
Tesla.

Galileo, Copernicus, Ptolemy. All known that the planets orbit the Sun.
But the teaching program "said" the "the Sun orbits the Earth."
S*

Nothing invented in the 20th century? Nuclear weapons, the Internet, String
Theory? Ptolemy chose the earth centric model. Copernicus disproved it and
developed the sun centric model. Galileo was somewhat unpopular with the
church for supporting the earth centric model.

ttfn, Ian.

Old June 1st 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Rob" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
This small transverse component is because the light is radiated by
dipole.
Radio waves radiated from monopole are the pressure waves (oscillatory
flow).

Do you want to claim that the kind of waves radiated from a transmitter
antenna varies depending on the type of antenna?

So that a dipole antenna produces another kind of wave than a monopole
antenna?

It should then be possible to determine at a distance what kind of
antenna was used to transmit the wave. Can you describe an experiment
to do this determination?

Faraday wrote in 1846 that to have the polarized waves you must use the two
or more sources.

And after 166 have passed, we know that is not correct.

To have the linear polarization we are using the dipole.
To have the circular polarization we are using the two dipoles.

To have circular polarization, we also use helical antennas, something
that didn't exist 166 years ago.

We also have various types of loop, dielectric and waveguide based antennas,
such as the slot antenna, that did not exist 166 years ago.

The above is easy to "determine at a distance what kind of antenna was used
to transmit the wave."

No, it is not, in fact it is impossible to do.

But is the another phenomenon. The Luxembourg effect.
The dipole radiate the doubled frequency.

The Luxemburg-Gorky effect, which is the real name, has nothing to do
with antennas.

This is just more of your babbling idiocy.

Old June 1st 12, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

Regards, Ian.

I share your skepticism, Ian, and I'd like to take it a step further.

There is real math (imagine that!) to address the notion of "stealing power
from a nearby transmitter." Free-space attenuation is given by the formula
20 log Rf + 37dB, where R is the range in Nautical Miles and f is the
frequency in MHz.

True, a close-in VLF transmitter gives good coupling and actually will light
an unconnected fluorescent tube. However, these stations are quite rare and
nobody moves near them to "steal power," since they are built in large open
areas with fences and guards. Need backup plan.

Next best bet: Get within 500 feet of a 50KW AM station, say KFI, AM-640 or
KBOI, AM-670. Per the formula, the coupling loss will be about 13 dB,
making 2500 watts of power available to you at that location. However, to
realize that power, you need an antenna with near unity gain at that
frequency. Any guesses as to how much they cost? Try $Millions. (It's
called a 600-foot tower.) Much better to call your local utility and tell
them how much you appreciate their service. Resolve to be more realistic
about power-robbing schemes.

COMING NEXT ON THE POWER ROBBER CHANNEL: Tap into your neighbor's garden
lights -- it's easy!

73,
"Sal"

Old June 1st 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Sal M. O'Nella" wrote in message

[...]

Hello Sal. Thank you very much for the maths and the workings. Stories of
"getting useable power from a transmitter" are always hard to track to an
accurate source. The nearst I've gotten is a friend who knew of a cottage
with a 33kV power line passing overhead. Seems that some turns of wire were
fitted under the cottage's eaves and some useful power was obtained.
Transfoemer action, I assume.
I've read science fiction stories form the 1930s where "broadcast power" was
in general use. One story had all users switch off their powere receivers so
that the authorities could D/F a wanted person by measuring the strength of
the power field. Ah - unfettered imagination though induction does work when
the power source and appliance are close together.

73, Ian.

Old June 1st 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hopefully not off topic-link

"Rob" wrote in message
Ian wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. au...
Its why you should never leave a powerpoint switched on. You end up with
heap of electrons on the floor.
And a hole under the neutral hole.

Not if you leave a plug in the socket. That'll stop the electrons.
What about the neutrons, protons and croutons?

Croutons are especially nasty when they end up on the floor...

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform. Some of
us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle. We had a power
outage in October of last year and what we're saving now will be used if we
ever suffer another outage.

Old June 2nd 12, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisał w wiadomości

"Rob" wrote in message
Ian wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. au...
Its why you should never leave a powerpoint switched on. You end up
with a
heap of electrons on the floor.
And a hole under the neutral hole.

Not if you leave a plug in the socket. That'll stop the electrons.
What about the neutrons, protons and croutons?

Croutons are especially nasty when they end up on the floor...

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform. Some
of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

Old June 2nd 12, 08:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
All fundamentals were invented in XIX by Faraday, Stokes, Lorenz and
Tesla.

Galileo, Copernicus, Ptolemy. All known that the planets orbit the Sun.
But the teaching program "said" the "the Sun orbits the Earth."
S*

Nothing invented in the 20th century? Nuclear weapons, the Internet,
String
Theory?

Fundamentals of radio.

Ptolemy chose the earth centric model.

Today astronomers do the same. The Sun is too hot to make the measurements
from it.

Copernicus disproved it and developed the sun centric model. Galileo was
somewhat unpopular with the church for supporting the earth centric model.

Copernicus and Galileo were trying to change the teaching program.

The same is now.
It is time to replace the EM by Heaviside with Ampere electrodynamics.
S*

Old June 2nd 12, 09:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Faraday wrote in 1846 that to have the polarized waves you must use the
two or more sources.

To have the linear polarization we are using the dipole.
To have the circular polarization we are using the two dipoles.

The above is easy to "determine at a distance what kind of antenna was
used to transmit the wave."

But is the another phenomenon. The Luxembourg effect.
The dipole radiate the doubled frequency.
S*

Ah yes - the famous "is it a dipole or is it a dipole?" test. Of course,
it wouldn't discriminate between a dipole and a yagi (staggered or
phased?)

Luxembourg effect? Harmonics?

Harmonics are in string, plate, piano box etc.

Pendelum and LC circuit have the one frequency only.

LW from the dipole mast were (and are) received on MW receivers at exactly
doubled frequency.
S*

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Nikola_Tesla

I hope that you accept the word "electrode" in place of "antenna's end"
S*

My guess is that the quote from Wiki relates to vacuum tubes. Ah yes, it
does. Shall we put the farmer's barn into a large vacuum?

" He also used Geissler tubes"

Do you think that in air no field electron emission?
S*