Old February 19th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 19, 12:58?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

According to Radio Locator there are many AMs, just in the Ontario
Providence alone, in reach of Maryland:

And that number is about or less than half the AMs in Canada a decade ago.
Canada has stated as official policy that AMs should only be left in large
markets where improtant niche markets can be served by AM that the FM band
can not accomodate. Examples are standards in Toronto or Chinese services in
Vancouver. Otherwise, the remaining AMs will nearly all move to FM over the
next few years.

In addition to these lists, which I have access to many, I'll be dead,
before these US and Canadian AMs go dead, if ever.

I'll send some flowers. Canada has reduced the total number of AMs by more
than half in the last decade, and exce´pt for a few major markets and a
couple of stations like CBW and CBK, no other AMs should be left in Canada.

South Africa eliminated all AM years ago... and many other nations have
fewer AMs today than 25 years ago.... even lesser developed nations like
Ecuador.

Besides, AM talk/news/sports on the "clears" is alive-and-well,

No, it is not. It is in revenue and ratings decline, albeit slow. None of
those 50 kw stations billed more last year than in 2005... most were down
significantly, per the industry source, BIA, and the millar KAplan market
reporting system.

and
command higher ad dollars, than FM radio.

Wrong. You do not get it, even when it is explained. Stations price by
delivery. 1000 listeners gets the same rate, whether on AM or FM. So a news
talk station with the same listenership in a sales demo as a music FM gets
the same rate per spot. The problem is that most of the AM news / talk
audience is NOT in sales demos, so news talk stations price below most big
FMs in major markets.

Of course, your main focus,
as an IBOC shill, is to be a naysayer of the broadcast bands, so HD
Radio/IBOC can be the great savior. AM radio is not going
anywhere.

With or without HD, the band is near death. HD may be a last chance. I even
doubt that, but not to try is foolish. Staying the same is lunacy.

Your sole purrpose in life, seems to be trying to make others
miserable - Univision must have you locked in an office, because no
one can stand to work with you, so no wonder, you just shill for IBOC
all day and night long.

I actually travel 40 to 45 weeks a year to the 17 markets we are in, talking
to listeners about what they like and don't like on the radio.

You really are a poor excuse of a man, and
also a high-school dropout.

I dropped out of High School because I was too busy building my first radio
station, HCRM1. That station became survey-proven and revenue proven #1 in
Quito, and was the base for a dozen or so more stations I built and owned.

School was pretty boring by comparison. Leaving high school (in the US) was
the best thing I could do... when I went back to do college about a decade
later, I chose the courses I wanted since a degree was not of any interest
to me... and that was truly fun and beneficial.

Your suggestion is, apparently, that dullards drop out of school. I dropped
out because it was boring, totally boring. Others drop out because they need
to work for family reasons. Still others drop out because the US system
sucks: we don't have the British one where at a certain point one decides on
a white collar path or a technical field.

So to indict dropouts is to ignore the fact that many have no choice, and
others know that a trade is more suited to them than a college career, while
others don't need the experience as they are autodidacts.

Old February 19th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I see news tidbits about Brit schools once in a while and they are not
good.
cuhulin

Old February 19th 07, 11:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

He was over on alt.politics.immigration, but I think he left for a good
cry.

No, I just got tired of your failure to understand how dual nationalities
work.

I understand perfectly. However, that has nothing to do with you being a
pathological liar.

Nice try, boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

And some are pathologial liars such as yourself!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I don't know if she has become a nationalized American yet,but I sort of
know a 30 year old Irish woman from Limerick,Ireland.She works at a pub
in the Atlanta area,or I guess she is still there,I haven't heard from
her in two or three years,I reckon I will email her.At least seven or
eight years ago,she got someone to sponsor her so she could move to
America.Maybe she is still strictly an Irish citizen.
cuhulin

Old February 20th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 18, 1:29?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

What a pathetic, fat, worthless old man - you have no social
skills, because your 24/7 interaction with people is spent
blogging !

I gyuess this means that you can't refute my listing of AM n/t
stations already moved to FM.

Usenet is not a blogdspot.

The move has stalled with the FCC.

The FCC does not regulate or have anything to do with format changes.

AM news/talk/sports is alive-and- well.

And moving form AM to FM at an increasing pace, based on the early
successes.

Where is this happening?

Orlando, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Salt Lake City, Phoenix,
Dayton, Tallahassee, etc.

You expect that to happen in the LA area were
it will affect my listening?

Major runors that Clear is going to take the loser in the Spring or Summer
book out of KYSR, KHHT or KBIG and make it a simulcast of KFI. Eventually,
640 could be changed to another formrat, or kept for the senior citizens...

So if this does not happen will you admit you are wrong on the whole
IBOC issue and formats?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 20th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

Major runors that Clear is going to take the loser in the Spring or
Summer
book out of KYSR, KHHT or KBIG and make it a simulcast of KFI.
Eventually,
640 could be changed to another formrat, or kept for the senior
citizens...

So if this does not happen will you admit you are wrong on the whole
IBOC issue and formats?

I said that if one o fthe three underperforming FMs in LA does not recover
int he next two books, it will be considered to reinforce KFI. Clear has
already made some major FM news talk moves, ranging from Tallahassee to New
Orleans to Pittsburgh.

Old February 20th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

Major runors that Clear is going to take the loser in the Spring or
Summer
book out of KYSR, KHHT or KBIG and make it a simulcast of KFI.
Eventually,
640 could be changed to another formrat, or kept for the senior
citizens...

So if this does not happen will you admit you are wrong on the whole
IBOC issue and formats?

I said that if one o fthe three underperforming FMs in LA does not
recover
int he next two books, it will be considered to reinforce KFI. Clear has
already made some major FM news talk moves, ranging from Tallahassee to
New
Orleans to Pittsburgh.

OK fine but I consider your comment "Eventually, 640 could be changed to
another formrat (sic, format), or kept for the senior citizens..."
derogatory.

KFI has over 50% of its listeners in 55+, a demo no significant LA
advertiser buys. And the station is ageing every year, and will start to
decline in billings.

Old February 21st 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..

[...]

Why is that? The 55+ age group has more disposable income.

In the larger markets...

(Sidebar... 30% of all radio ad revenue is generated in just the first 10
markets)

.... most advertising is what is called "transactional" and placed by
agencies on behalf of agency clients. Transactional means that the buy is
based on the cost of delivery of some measure of listenership, like the
amount you pay to reach every 1000 listeners.

Ad agencies are given orders by the clients as to who they consider the best
potential consumers. The agency creates advertising directed at that group,
and then places ad buys based on cost /delivery to reach them.

In the simplest terms, advertisers don't go after anyone over 55. This has
nothing to do with the wealth or lack of same of that market segment. It has
to do with how many ads it takes to change a buying behaviour. Older
consumers take more convincing... thus, more ads... to make a sale. In many
cases, an ROI (Return on Investment) analysis shows advertising to older
consumers causes a loss with every sale.

Lots of people drink beer... but most beer ads are directed at 21 to 39 year
old males, because that is where the money is. The ROI on advertising to
other groups is low or not profitable.

As an example, in LA last year... and LA is the biggest revenue radio ad
market... there were no buys by agencies against 55+.

So, that is the problem with AM. 80% of its listening is by listeners over
45, and much of that is by people over 55... an audience nobody really wants
in the larger, rated markets. In smaller markets, or suburban situations,
local direct advertisers will be more flexible... but for the bulk of US
radio advertising, 55+ is not desirable.

Old February 21st 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..

[...]

And you be 60... into da bin wid you, boy.

Adios, puto.

dxAce
Michigan
USA