Old February 17th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

On Feb 17, 6:50�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

Nobody "back home" would remember as I have nearly no family there and
left
a decade before the time adult friendships are developed. Who in the
would
_would_ know?

Obviously several people and/or institutions!

Not likely. You are fabricating to support your biases and bigotry. It
would
be even more fun if I could find a Canadian relative of significance, but
can not seem to find any for you to bash.

Of course, on my first daughter's birth certificate, dated
1965, the "father's name" has "Eduardo" as my second given name.

I somehow doubt that, but hey, it's YOUR fantasy, not mine.

Go for it. Write to the Registro demográfico in Quito, Ecuador and look
for
Maria Luisa Gleason Parra. Of course, you will have to write in Spanish,
oh
monolingual one.

Hey, did she get kicked out of Ecuador at gunpoint along with you?

No, she is an Ecuadorian citizen, and currently owns several radio stations
there- Hide quoted text -

So, how does Univision feel about you spending all of you valuable
time blogging - you must be totally worthless. Maybe, they are afraid
of firing you, because you are a fake Hispanic !

Old February 17th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 15, 11:37�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...
On Feb 15, 2:13?pm, "Guerite?" wrote:

Little do you realize, that news/talk/sports on the clear-channels
command a higher advertising fee, than FM - *too bad, asshole, AM is
alive and well. It is IBOC, that is failing, not analog.

No, that is not true. Advertising is priced based on delivery of listeners,
no matter what the format. It is always a function of a certain dollar
amount for each thousand listeners, and pricing is by delivery.

A news talk station with good ratings gets the same rate as an FM with the
same ratings in the age group an advertiser is buying.

The issue with news talkers is they often bill among the higer range in a
market because they have higher numbers of minutes of spots. While most
larger market FMs sell no more than 10 to 12 minutes of commercials, news
talk often goes to 18 minutes and has more inventory.

The problem with AM news talk stations is that most have around half the
listeners over age 55, where there are nearly no agency ad buys.

In the US, there are 4665 AMs as of last week. Of the ones in rated markets,
only a small percentage, maybe 20% at best, are viable (decent signal and
full market day and night coverage) and these tend to do well. The rest are
either religious, brokered or ethnic.

For example, there is no vable AM in Washington, DC. Phoenix has only 2. So
what you can see is that while a market may have well over a dozen viable
FMs, the number of AMs is tiny.

What a pathetic, fat, worthless old man - you have no social skills,
because your 24/7 interaction with people is spent blogging !

Old February 18th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 17, 12:03?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...
On Feb 16, 5:39?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

Have you ever listened to AM (MW) HD? The voices sound MUCH better
than analog!
It's actually pleasant to listen to. But, they are only HD during the
day, so they're almost useless, except on weekends! That's why WINS
AM is on FM-HD2, so that it can be on all day and night.

But there is so little AM listening at night that it really does not
matter,
business wise.
If that is true, then why is news/talk/.sport so popular at night.

It isn't.

Another IBOC shill, full-of-**** !

OK, potty mouth: show me how there is so much listening to AM news talk at
night that we could apply the term "popular" to it.

Snip

It is popular with me... so there.

You asked and you shall receive.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 18th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

Have you ever listened to AM (MW) HD? The voices sound MUCH better
than analog!
It's actually pleasant to listen to. But, they are only HD during the
day, so they're almost useless, except on weekends! That's why WINS
AM is on FM-HD2, so that it can be on all day and night.

But there is so little AM listening at night that it really does not
matter,
business wise.
If that is true, then why is news/talk/.sport so popular at night.

It isn't.

Another IBOC shill, full-of-**** !

OK, potty mouth: show me how there is so much listening to AM news talk at
night that we could apply the term "popular" to it.

Snip

It is popular with me... so there.

You asked and you shall receive.

Yeah, same here. Popular.

I lay in bed and tune around to find AM news talk from whererever I can find it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 18th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 17, 3:13?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

Nobody but a few DXers really cares abut adjacent channel reception in
the
shadow of a powerful local signal.

Nobody?

Yeah, statistically, nobody.

AM news/talk/sports on the "clears" is alive-and-well - IBOC Shill !

There are only 24 or 25 of those. There are 4800 AM stations. How about
them?

And I know of one 1A clear that is considering an FM simulcast, and there is
already one doing a simulcast.

In Philadelphia and New Orleans, FM news talkers are beating KDKA and WWL
respectively, showing that n/t, on FM will do much better than on AM.

Old February 18th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ps.com...

So, how does Univision feel about you spending all of you valuable
time blogging - you must be totally worthless. Maybe, they are afraid
of firing you, because you are a fake Hispanic !

What I do on my free time is of no concern. And I don't even have a blog.

Perhaps the fact that Univsion Radio was the only radio company given an "A"
by Lehman Bros. based on fall ratings performance may have something to do
with how I get along with them!

Old February 18th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...

What a pathetic, fat, worthless old man - you have no social skills,
because your 24/7 interaction with people is spent blogging !

I gyuess this means that you can't refute my listing of AM n/t stations
already moved to FM.

Usenet is not a bloodspot.

Old February 18th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

I lay in bed and tune around to find AM news talk from whererever I can
find it.

So that makes two listeners. Hardly "popular."

Old February 18th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Talk Radio is very popular with me.Fortunately though,when George
''scared of Ouija Boards'' Noory and Art ''married a young girl'' Bell
come on the air at midnight,that is at the time O' night I cut the light
and dream of going on Cattledrives from Texas to Montana and catching a
choo choo Train on the way back.
cuhulin