Old August 8th 03, 11:21 AM
A E

"Bob Lewis (AA4PB)" wrote:

I've seen someone get hold of 440 V 3 phase bus bars, one in each

hand.

Does that imply that he had three hands or did he just get hold of two
phases of a 3-phase system? :-)

Maybe we don't want to know what was the third 'hand'....

Old August 8th 03, 12:33 PM
Howard Eisenhauer

A guy I was working with one time told me he had one when working as an
electrician. He was working in the bottom of a 500V distribution cabinet,
laying on his back on the floor, when he Touched The Wrong Thing.

His parter, working in a cabinet a few yards away, heard a noice, looked
over & saw this guy's feet bouncing around. The partner bashed the
disconnect & pulled him out of the cabinet.

No heart beat.

Dead.

Good thing the other electrician knew CPR or this guy would still be dead.

He's in the IT field now, for some reason he felt the need for a career
change.

Paul Burridge )
wrote:

: The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
: had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

: p.
: --

: "I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
: to write it." - Winston Churchill

--
Howard Eisenhauer on **************************************
* *

Old August 8th 03, 02:55 PM
Dave Holford

Several people have and of course they are all dead.

Well I don't believe the answer's that simple. I'll explain in due

Yes it is. 'Fatal' doesn't have any slack in its definition. You could

modify it
by adding 'near' as a prefix.

course, but would like to give a few others a chance to guess what I'm
driving at (this isn't some sort of joke BTW).
--

but you can be clinicaly death and restarted can't you? so does fatal imply
permenent death or can it be temporary?

The original poster must be a journalist.

Our newspaper this morning has a story about two men who were
"Electrocuted" in an industrial accident. They were treated and released
from hospital!

Dave

Old August 8th 03, 03:03 PM
Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'

In article , richard.p.henry@saic
mentioned...

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

"WB3FUP (Mike Hall)" wrote in message
10KV to fire magnetron in counter battery radar. Took six marines to

stop
me from burying my screw driver in the chest of the asshole that thought

it
would be cute to push the radiate button.

I remember hearing the story of an Air Force tech working on a 30' radar
dish. For some dumb reason, someone energized it and promptly microwaved
him to death.

Some of these stories are hair rasing... and I'm too much of a weenie to
stick my tongue on a 9V battery...

A Raytheon corporate legend is that one of the engineers discovered the
microwave oven principle when a radar melted a chocolate bar in his shirt
pocket.

When I was in the army at Ft. Monmouth, NJ, we trained on a radar
trainer, had a klystron that put out 1W to the horn on the top of the
unit. We could put our finger over the horn and feel it get mildly
warm from the RF.

Big deal. The Real Thing put our 5 megawatts!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@

Old August 8th 03, 03:11 PM
Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'

In article ,
mentioned...
"WB3FUP \(Mike Hall\)" wrote in message ...

10KV to fire magnetron in counter battery radar. Took six marines to stop
me from burying my screw driver in the chest of the asshole that thought it
would be cute to push the radiate button.

--
73 es cul

wb3fup
a Salty Bear

I got one of those from a marine corps radar system (TPS-22).
We were supposed to use a metal grounding rod with wooden handle
and chain to discharge the high voltage caps. I held onto the
metal rod instead of the wooden handle. The thing was off at
the time, but the caps were probably at 10KV and it knocked
me across the room.

-Bill

I think the most hair raising for me was when I was measuring the CRT
Ultor voltage with a Heathkit HV probe and the ground lead alligator
clip snapped loose. The hair on my arms started to literally raise!

Old August 8th 03, 03:14 PM
Michael Black

"Ian Buckner" ) writes:
"Boris Mohar" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:05:50 -0700, "RP Henry" richard.p.henry@saic

dot
com wrote:

"Michael Black" wrote in message
Winfield Hill ) writes:
Paul Burridge wrote...

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has

anyone
ever had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have

survived?

I've had a few fatal shocks.

Thanks,
- Win

You sound in especially good shape for someone who's suffered

multiple
fatal shocks.

That explains the hair.

He is a cat.

--

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/
Aurora, Ontario

Win just haunts this newsgroup.

Regards
Ian

;-)

So you're saying he's sort of an Obi-Wan Kenobi type? "Use
the grounding strap Luke".

Michael