Old January 20th 05, 12:35 PM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

I'm TRYING to argue against the morse code test. You are trying
to squelch such arguments by misdirection into defamation of any
who are against the morse code test.

Hmm, you possibly could:

Start a Morse code thread

I have.

Try to refrain from the pejoratives

Sorry. Someone insults me, I give 'em back lots more.

So when have I insulted you? You aren't considering disagreement as
insulting are you?

So far, in this Din of Inequity, the few, the proud (of themselves),
the murines (eyewash) wan't to pummel and pound on any
NCTA...especially using personal pejoratives.

Bill Sohl seems to have escaped that fate when he posts here.

You never know what might happen.

Sorry, sweetums, I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

Chicken and egg syndrome? Given the history of posters here, I would
suspect that if you were to adopt a different strategy, there would be
some posts that would be provoking. However, if ignored, that stuff goes
away.

Given the "history of posters here," especially the PCTA extras,
your good idea is merely impractical bull****.

PCTA extras all pretend to be "superior" and let everyone know it.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

You are WRONG.

Seriously? You don't enjoy tweaking people?

The "tweaking" is easy for me to do. Most of the postings I do
simply "write themselves." :-)

You seem to forget that I've had a long career of working in electronics.
Electrons (in electronics) do NOT get influenced by human desires.
All humans who work with electrons have to play be electron's rules.
I enjoy that kind of work. It appears cold, hard, logical but can be
quite creative once you learn electron's rules. Once that is done, they
CAN follow human orders.

The odd part of human nature is that the PCTA extras think that all
must follow Their rules, obey them, etc., and some get quite
fanciful in imagining the "motivations" of the NCTA.

So another description of
what you are doing is that you are engaging in something that you hate
to do, in the interests of eliminating the Morse code test, in a Usenet
newsgroup?

Incorrect. Your speculation is nonsense.

Correct, And it was written as such. Problem is, now we are running out
of motives.

You forget that many more readers follow what goes on in here.
They, too, can see/read the propaganda nonsense about the
nobility and efficacy of morse code and the alleged "necessity"
of the amateur radio morse code test. Those readers need a bit
of boost on the reasons AGAINST it. Myself and others have
presented opposing reasons for that code test.

Are you making some sort of Quixotic sacrifice in a Usenet
newsgroup in an attempt to eliminate Morse code testing?

No. If you will bother to read the 18 petitions at the FCC you
would see that it isn't some Cervantes fictional character
exercise...but, some of the proponents of the code test are
indeed human windmills whirling in dead air.

The PCTA just can't take opposing views
on the morse code test. They get so very bitchy and angry
and demand to get all who argue against the retention that it
becomes a repeated comedy of brainwashing phrases by them.

No problem on my replying in kind to the PCTA...if I have the
time to spend on their trite, tired, tintabulation of olde-tyme
phrases. I'm busy with lots of other things, but I can find time
once in a while to puncture their arrogant balloons of old, stale,
hot air.

All the arguments are old and we've heard them a lot. From both sides.

Poor baby. You seem distressed. Or perhaps your lordship
wishes better entertainment?

Hmm, no distress here.

Here is a suggestion for your lordship: Use your amateur radio
license and operate your mighty transceiver on the air instead of
accessing this newsgroup. Chat with other human beings (or what
passes for same).

Or, your lordship could take the lead and open up a real Chat Room
all about morse code on amateur radio and how wonderful it is and
that morsemanship should be done by all the "superior" beings. You
could develop a real following and become a Name in Chat Room
circles, get known, develop a "rep." Or even a website where you
could post "awards" given by the certificate makers and praise
yourself for being so damn good.

If I didn't know better, I would think you are being sarcastic and sardonic.

This is NOT a "Chat Room" for idle gossip and cracker-barrel
philosophy by a few regulars who have grown overly full of themselves.
Even though they think they own the place (and can therefore dictate
who gets to sit in), they don't. True. They don't even when their
feathers get very ruffled by opposing opinions. (poor things...)

Correct, This is not a chat room.

Morse code is an old, primitive communications mode. The first
morse code was used in 1844...on a commercial wired system, not
on radio (radio had yet to be proved to exist). Early radio used on-
off keying codes because that was the ONLY practical way to
communicate given that there were no vacuum tubes and certainly
no transistors. Primitive stuff that was first demonstrated in 1896.
What passes for truisms about morse code "superiority" as
spouted by the ARRL was formed in the 1930s, seven decades ago.
Of course the reasons to maintain morse code testing are OLD.

The silly part of it is that so many olde-tymers insist that the old
is "best" and that nothing should change. They can't devise any
good reasons to keep that code test, nothing new during the seven
decades they've tried. All those reasons are tired, trite, cliches'
and the reasons against them are true, familiar, easy to repeat.
Again, refutation of the pro-code-test-advocates' "reasons" almost
"write themselves."

The only thing "new" with the PCTA extras is their propensity for
"replying" by personal insults against the NCTA. All NCTA are
"inferior" to them and their mighty accomplishments with morse.
In short, they are so full of themselves that they cannot accept
any others' inputs. They are stuffed and over-stuffed. Some go to
the bursting point. Two former PCTA extras in here may have
done just that. Other PCTA extras are expected to follow.

Perhaps you should go to Church more often...such as to the
Church of St. Hiram, the patron saint of Newington. There you
could mass with other morsemen and celebrate the mode in
chorus with a heavenly choir. Wash your brain regularly lest all
the old, tired, trite cliches' fall out. By all means, exercise your
morsemanship regularly to be ready for the Second Coming of
Aliens so you can defeat them via morse code and thereby
Save the World. After all, you are "superior" through morse code.

Oh dear. You really don't have a whole lot else to say do you?

So anyhow, how do you feel about the VEC rates increasing?

- Mike KB3EIA

Old January 20th 05, 06:27 PM
Mike Coslo

K4YZ wrote:
Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

I'm TRYING to argue against the morse code test. You are

trying

to squelch such arguments by misdirection into defamation of

any

who are against the morse code test.

Hmm, you possibly could:

Start a Morse code thread

I have.

Actually, in most cases, you take threas on other topics and try
to insert a Morse Code redirect.

Like every thread in the group.

I wonder what the difference is between the rest of us having a
conversation, where the topic drifts a bit, as they are wont to do, and
just about every post that Len makes, which attempts to veer the topic
to Morse testing?

People don't want to discuss Morse Code testing anymore because
most people (those who read something OTHER than their own work...)
know that the issue is moot at this point. Nothing else stated in this
forum will change Federal policy.

Right.

Try to refrain from the pejoratives

Sorry. Someone insults me, I give 'em back lots more.

Yet another monumental lie.

Neither Jim Miccolis nor Mike Coslo do anything of the kind, yet
you pour it over Jim like molasses, and you've started in on Mike.

I noticed that! 8^)

You did it to me, you'v done it to EVERYone who's ever dared to
suggest that YOUR opinion doesn't match theirs.

You do it on a whim, then cry foul when it gets fed back to YOU.

So far, in this Din of Inequity, the few, the proud (of

themselves),

the murines (eyewash) wan't to pummel and pound on any
NCTA...especially using personal pejoratives.

Sorry Lennie...it's the level at which you function, and I'd hate
to leave you out of the conversations.

You never know what might happen.

Sorry, sweetums...(SNIP)

Point made.

I have yet to see Mike refr to you by anything other than your
expressed preferred names.

Remember, I did call him Lennie once. But he didn't like that, so I
went to calling him Len. My bad!

Thanks for proving my point right here in THIS post (as if I would
have had to wait long anyway.....)

(UNSNIP)...I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

And they just got a prime example of why everyone else in this
newsgoup is justified in their opinion of you and why you are a
disreputable liar.

Thanks.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

You are WRONG.

IF Mike had been wrong, you would have continued to address

him with out the insulting diminutives and "endearments".

The PCTA just can't take opposing views
on the morse code test. They get so very bitchy and angry
and demand to get all who argue against the retention that it
becomes a repeated comedy of brainwashing phrases by them.

Actually the comedy comes from watching a pathological liar
continue to make excuses for his lies and misdeeds, only to get caught
up in even MORE lies and misdeeds.

No problem on my replying in kind to the PCTA...if I have the
time to spend on their trite, tired, tintabulation of olde-tyme
phrases.

Then why the continued use of diminutives against people who do
not do it to you?

Why do you insist that you ONLY do it to people who do it to you,
when there's almost a decades worth of evidence to the contrary with
Jim Miccolis alone, and now you have started in on Mike Coslo.

I'm busy with lots of other things...(SNIP)

No you're not. There's not one iota of any evidence in any other
forum of a single contructive effort with your name attached to it.

You're an egotistical, mean old man with nothing left to do in his
life except make other people as miserable as you are.

(UNSNIP)...but I can find time
once in a while to puncture their arrogant balloons of old, stale,
hot air.

You can TRY, but so far all you've done is prove what WE have been
saying all along.

Leonard H. Anderson is a liar.

Leonard H. Anderson is untrustworthy.

Leonard H. Anderson is deceitful.

And it's Leonard H. Anderson who provides the proof of the
accusations.

Thanks.

You've single handedly done more to undermine your "advocacy" than
any other VALID arguments could ahve done.

Who wants to be associated with an issue that is so voiciferously
and embarassingly represented by the likes of you...??? Just do the
world a favor and stay away from such issues as finding an AIDS
vaccine, cures for cancer, or preventing birth defects.
Putz.

You have a point there, Steve. It is hard to convince a person that
your argument is correct when you dish out abuse with your argument. one
is always tempted to disregard all the good parts of the argument with
the bad.

While it is always a good idea to not confuse the messenger with the
message, which I always try to avoid, such a "debating" style is one of
the best ways to hinder the message. It just means that you have to wade
through the insults and other brickbats to find the message.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 20th 05, 07:12 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Tsk. You don't need "paint." You IS.

So you are saying that Dave is a Nazi?

It looks that way to me. Len doesn't play well with others.

Poop Dave the 1st is "superior" to all others, doesn't have to
"play" with them.

Ave, Imperator

Posted on 20 Jan 05 - Coronation Day
Old January 20th 05, 07:39 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

You never know what might happen.

Sorry, sweetums, I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

Chicken and egg syndrome? Given the history of posters here, I would
suspect that if you were to adopt a different strategy, there would be
some posts that would be provoking. However, if ignored, that stuff goes
away.

Given the "history of posters here," especially the PCTA extras,
your good idea is merely impractical bull****.

But that's what you post now. If changing your tactics didn't work,
you'd be no worse off than you are now.

PCTA extras all pretend to be "superior" and let everyone know it.

All licensed radio amateurs; Techs, Generals and Extras; are your
superiors in that they have been issued amateur radio licenses. That is
something you don't have. Ah, but I forgot--this is your week not to
desire such a license.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

You are WRONG.

Seriously? You don't enjoy tweaking people?

The "tweaking" is easy for me to do. Most of the postings I do
simply "write themselves." :-)

....and they have that look. :-) :-)

You seem to forget that I've had a long career of working in electronics.
Electrons (in electronics) do NOT get influenced by human desires.

Have you noticed that your posts here have about the same effect upon
readers of r.r.a.p? Almost no one has been influenced by your human
desires as pertain to amateur radio.

The odd part of human nature is that the PCTA extras think that all
must follow Their rules, obey them, etc., and some get quite
fanciful in imagining the "motivations" of the NCTA.

One of more odd bits of human nature has you attributing beliefs to all
PCTA Extras as if we all had the exact same thoughts and experiences.

So another description of
what you are doing is that you are engaging in something that you hate
to do, in the interests of eliminating the Morse code test, in a Usenet
newsgroup?

Incorrect. Your speculation is nonsense.

You forget that many more readers follow what goes on in here.
They, too, can see/read the propaganda nonsense about the
nobility and efficacy of morse code and the alleged "necessity"
of the amateur radio morse code test. Those readers need a bit
of boost on the reasons AGAINST it. Myself and others have
presented opposing reasons for that code test.

Wow! Talk about speculation! How about it, lurking, never-posting
readers of r.r.a.p? Let us know if you support the self-appointed
advocate for morse code test removal of the group. Tell us if you
believe his method is effective. Let us hear if you have been swayed by
his posts.

Are you making some sort of Quixotic sacrifice in a Usenet
newsgroup in an attempt to eliminate Morse code testing?

No. If you will bother to read the 18 petitions at the FCC you
would see that it isn't some Cervantes fictional character
exercise...but, some of the proponents of the code test are
indeed human windmills whirling in dead air.

That's the same kind of charm you turned on for a couple of your
submissions to the Commission. Do you think your words swayed anyone
there or might they have thought you a crackpot?

All the arguments are old and we've heard them a lot. From both sides.

Poor baby. You seem distressed. Or perhaps your lordship
wishes better entertainment?

Are you trying to sway him to accepting your view, Len? Do you think
your comment above has been effective?

Here is a suggestion for your lordship: Use your amateur radio
license and operate your mighty transceiver on the air instead of
accessing this newsgroup. Chat with other human beings (or what
passes for same).

Do you think your charm offensive is working, Leonard?

Or, your lordship could take the lead and open up a real Chat Room
all about morse code on amateur radio and how wonderful it is and
that morsemanship should be done by all the "superior" beings. You
could develop a real following and become a Name in Chat Room
circles, get known, develop a "rep." Or even a website where you
could post "awards" given by the certificate makers and praise
yourself for being so damn good.

You're outdoing yourself. What panache! What skill!

This is NOT a "Chat Room" for idle gossip and cracker-barrel
philosophy by a few regulars who have grown overly full of themselves.

You're a regular, Len.

Even though they think they own the place (and can therefore dictate
who gets to sit in), they don't. True. They don't even when their
feathers get very ruffled by opposing opinions. (poor things...)

Do your feathers get ruffled by opposing opinions?

They are stuffed and over-stuffed. Some go to
the bursting point. Two former PCTA extras in here may have
done just that. Other PCTA extras are expected to follow.

Your words about the dead are a tribute to your personal magnetism.

Perhaps you should go to Church more often...such as to the
Church of St. Hiram, the patron saint of Newington. There you
could mass with other morsemen and celebrate the mode in
chorus with a heavenly choir. Wash your brain regularly lest all
the old, tired, trite cliches' fall out. By all means, exercise your
morsemanship regularly to be ready for the Second Coming of
Aliens so you can defeat them via morse code and thereby
Save the World. After all, you are "superior" through morse code.

Yes, Len, your people skills rival those of Carl. Yessir, you really
have Mike on the verge of changing his mind. I'm sure the throng of
lurkers is cheering wildly.

Dave K8MN
Old January 20th 05, 09:32 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Tsk. You don't need "paint." You IS.

So you are saying that Dave is a Nazi?

It looks that way to me. Len doesn't play well with others.

Poop Dave the 1st is "superior" to all others, doesn't have to
"play" with them.

So, in addition to being a Nazi, I'm a "Poop"?

As I said earlier, Len doesn't play well with others.

Ave, Imperator

Posted on 20 Jan 05 - Coronation Day

translation: Len's guy lost.

Dave K8MN

Old January 21st 05, 01:17 AM
Len Anderson

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

You never know what might happen.

Sorry, sweetums, I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

Chicken and egg syndrome? Given the history of posters here, I

would
suspect that if you were to adopt a different strategy, there would be
some posts that would be provoking. However, if ignored, that stuff goes
away.

Given the "history of posters here," especially the PCTA extras,
your good idea is merely impractical bull****.

But that's what you post now. If changing your tactics didn't work,
you'd be no worse off than you are now.

PCTA extras all pretend to be "superior" and let everyone know it.

All licensed radio amateurs; Techs, Generals and Extras; are your
superiors in that they have been issued amateur radio licenses.

There you have it. In Poop Dave the 1st's idea of the radio
world, the amateurs are "superior" while the professionals
are "inferior."

That is
something you don't have. Ah, but I forgot--this is your week not to
desire such a license.

Tsk. There is NO requirement for newsgroup access to possess
an amateur radio license.

Tsk, tsk. There is NO requirement for access to the FCC requiring
an amateur radio license in order to comment on amateur radio
matters.

You make such fanciful imaginings, then pretend that whoever you
are trying to impugn really does what you say.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

You are WRONG.

Seriously? You don't enjoy tweaking people?

The "tweaking" is easy for me to do. Most of the postings I do
simply "write themselves." :-)

...and they have that look. :-) :-)

Poor baby. Never made much money writing for money?

Oh, that's RIGHT...you are an AMATEUR and don't desire to
make money! My apologies at forgetting your lofty, noble
attitudes...your attitude got hidden in all that "superiority."

You seem to forget that I've had a long career of working in electronics.
Electrons (in electronics) do NOT get influenced by human desires.

Have you noticed that your posts here have about the same effect upon
readers of r.r.a.p? Almost no one has been influenced by your human
desires as pertain to amateur radio.

Haven't you noticed that YOU are NOT winning any points in here,
heavenly fodder?

All you seem to be doing is being nasty to anyone who comments
about anything in here. :-)

The odd part of human nature is that the PCTA extras think that all
must follow Their rules, obey them, etc., and some get quite
fanciful in imagining the "motivations" of the NCTA.

One of more odd bits of human nature has you attributing beliefs to all
PCTA Extras as if we all had the exact same thoughts and experiences.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...not "EXACT," heavenly fodder. :-)

[...]

You should really leave the polling to the ARRL. That would get
you biased results that would make you proud. :-)

Are you making some sort of Quixotic sacrifice in a Usenet
newsgroup in an attempt to eliminate Morse code testing?

No. If you will bother to read the 18 petitions at the FCC you
would see that it isn't some Cervantes fictional character
exercise...but, some of the proponents of the code test are
indeed human windmills whirling in dead air.

That's the same kind of charm you turned on for a couple of your
submissions to the Commission. Do you think your words swayed anyone
there or might they have thought you a crackpot?

Oooooo! You are now a PR Judge as well? :-)

Funny you should mention "crackpot" but then I guess it takes one
to think all his "enemies" are like that...

All the arguments are old and we've heard them a lot. From both sides.

Poor baby. You seem distressed. Or perhaps your lordship
wishes better entertainment?

Are you trying to sway him to accepting your view, Len? Do you think
your comment above has been effective?

Tsk. It's better than repeated calls of "Putz" on his person. :-)

Here is a suggestion for your lordship: Use your amateur radio
license and operate your mighty transceiver on the air instead of
accessing this newsgroup. Chat with other human beings (or what
passes for same).

Do you think your charm offensive is working, Leonard?

No, but then it isn't the blatently OFFENSIVE attitude you have...

Or, your lordship could take the lead and open up a real Chat Room
all about morse code on amateur radio and how wonderful it is and
that morsemanship should be done by all the "superior" beings. You
could develop a real following and become a Name in Chat Room
circles, get known, develop a "rep." Or even a website where you
could post "awards" given by the certificate makers and praise
yourself for being so damn good.

You're outdoing yourself. What panache! What skill!

Ah, but the words are TRUE...and that makes you ANGRY.

Well, word-wise, you are still an AMATEUR.

This is NOT a "Chat Room" for idle gossip and cracker-barrel
philosophy by a few regulars who have grown overly full of themselves.

You're a regular, Len.

I've been a regular Len since I was first named.

If my regularity isn't up to par, I just drop in here for some equivalent
Ex-Lax. Does the job every time. :-)

Even though they think they own the place (and can therefore dictate
who gets to sit in), they don't. True. They don't even when their
feathers get very ruffled by opposing opinions. (poor things...)

Do your feathers get ruffled by opposing opinions?

Don't have feathers, heavenly fodder.

If I did, it wouldn't bother me. THAT is what galls you, isn't it?

You should really see a health professional to have all that gall
removed.

They are stuffed and over-stuffed. Some go to
the bursting point. Two former PCTA extras in here may have
done just that. Other PCTA extras are expected to follow.

Your words about the dead are a tribute to your personal magnetism.

Tsk. I didn't say anything about the "dead."

If I would speak of the "dead" that would be a short form for
"dead-brained," that attribute of all those AMATEURS who insist
that the morse code test must be kept forever and ever.

Perhaps you should go to Church more often...such as to the
Church of St. Hiram, the patron saint of Newington. There you
could mass with other morsemen and celebrate the mode in
chorus with a heavenly choir. Wash your brain regularly lest all
the old, tired, trite cliches' fall out. By all means, exercise your
morsemanship regularly to be ready for the Second Coming of
Aliens so you can defeat them via morse code and thereby
Save the World. After all, you are "superior" through morse code.

Yes, Len, your people skills rival those of Carl. Yessir, you really
have Mike on the verge of changing his mind. I'm sure the throng of
lurkers is cheering wildly.

Tsk. Another bout of Nasties from the Dale Carneige drop-out.

"Carl" who? The pro in electronics who helped change S25.5 by
going to Geneva, Switzerland, for WRC-03? That "Carl" is also
an Amateur Extra. Trouble is, he is an NCTA and that REALLY
gets your robes flying, heavenly fodder.

Tsk, tsk, fewer and fewer are swearing by the words of ARRL and
rather swearing AT the code propaganda of the ARRL. You poor
self-righteous olde-tymers are soon going to lose your bragging
rights about morsemanship being essential to your self-important
rank/status/privilege in U.S. amateur radio.

NOBODY is kissing your ring, heavenly fodder. They aren't even
bothering to tell you to kiss their posterior either. One can't swear
effectively to so much QRM from the PCTA extra bull pen. Just
noise. Self-righteous noise about their nobility and devotion to some
imaginary "service." Tsk.

Old January 21st 05, 01:17 AM
Len Anderson

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

K4YZ wrote:
Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

I'm TRYING to argue against the morse code test. You are

trying

to squelch such arguments by misdirection into defamation of

any

who are against the morse code test.

Hmm, you possibly could:

Start a Morse code thread

I have.

Actually, in most cases, you take threas on other topics and try
to insert a Morse Code redirect.

Like every thread in the group.

I wonder what the difference is between the rest of us having a
conversation, where the topic drifts a bit, as they are wont to do, and
just about every post that Len makes, which attempts to veer the topic
to Morse testing?

You can always talk about DEFUNCT 30-year-past TV shows.

That has NOTHING to do with ham radio. Won't ruffle your overly
sensitive "feathers," will it?

Won't be about AMATEUR RADIO at all, but then what you really
want is a nice little cozy Chat Room where you be all gemutlich
in talking about whatever you PCTA extras want...and then you
can make nasty to anyone who objects to all the non-ham-radio
talk. You "own" this newsgroup because you are in it, right?

People don't want to discuss Morse Code testing anymore because
most people (those who read something OTHER than their own work...)
know that the issue is moot at this point. Nothing else stated in this
forum will change Federal policy.

Right.

"Right" what?

Tsk. Since you can't get others' opinions they way YOU like them,
or that of the PCTA extras, you want to make more nasty?

Try to refrain from the pejoratives

Sorry. Someone insults me, I give 'em back lots more.

Yet another monumental lie.

Neither Jim Miccolis nor Mike Coslo do anything of the kind, yet
you pour it over Jim like molasses, and you've started in on Mike.

I noticed that! 8^)

Awwww. Feeling hurt and agreeing with that wonderful Avenging
Angle of Dearth who loves to use Yiddish pejoratives in "signing
off" to others he no like?

Tsk. Poor spoiled little babies. Can't make the world in your
imagined images.

I have yet to see Mike refr to you by anything other than your
expressed preferred names.

Remember, I did call him Lennie once. But he didn't like that, so I
went to calling him Len. My bad!

You should get "Yiddish for Dummies" and study it. That way you
can call your newsgroup opponents by four-letter names that
no one (you think) will understand...because you probably don't
understant Yiddish either.

Thanks for proving my point right here in THIS post (as if I would
have had to wait long anyway.....)

(UNSNIP)...I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

And they just got a prime example of why everyone else in this
newsgoup is justified in their opinion of you and why you are a
disreputable liar.

Thanks.

Wow! "Disreputable liar" is NOT a pejorative! :-)

And the Angle of Dearth knows what EVERYONE ELSE's opinions
ARE!

Tsk, tsk. You PCTA extras have out-Orwelled Orwell in redefining
the language!

Actually the comedy comes from watching a pathological liar
continue to make excuses for his lies and misdeeds, only to get caught
up in even MORE lies and misdeeds.

Tsk. "Pathological liar" is an endearment? :-)

No you're not. There's not one iota of any evidence in any other
forum of a single contructive effort with your name attached to it.

Gosh...I'm "pregnant with ideas" but the "contructions" haven't
started yet. :-)

You're an egotistical, mean old man with nothing left to do in his
life except make other people as miserable as you are.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. More "endearments." :-)

Awfully good PR there, "winning friends" for morsemanship and
ham radio as you guys "know it."

Peoples must be in large queues waiting to sign up for amateur
radio after seeing the warm, friendly "brotherhood" freelings
exhibited in here. :-)

(UNSNIP)...but I can find time
once in a while to puncture their arrogant balloons of old, stale,
hot air.

You can TRY, but so far all you've done is prove what WE have been
saying all along.

Leonard H. Anderson is a liar.

Another endearment!

Leonard H. Anderson is untrustworthy.

Yet ANOTHER!

Leonard H. Anderson is deceitful.

WOW! Three in a row!!!

Yessir, heavenly fodder sure had it pinned when he talked about
swinging opinions in here. :-)

And it's Leonard H. Anderson who provides the proof of the
accusations.

Thanks.

You've single handedly done more to undermine your "advocacy" than
any other VALID arguments could ahve done.

Who wants to be associated with an issue that is so voiciferously
and embarassingly represented by the likes of you...??? Just do the
world a favor and stay away from such issues as finding an AIDS
vaccine, cures for cancer, or preventing birth defects.
Putz.

You have a point there, Steve. It is hard to convince a person that
your argument is correct when you dish out abuse with your argument. one
is always tempted to disregard all the good parts of the argument with
the bad.

Riiiiight...the Angle of Dearth is very busy working on AIDS vaccines,
cures for cancer, and preventing birth defects. Doctor Avenger can't
be bothered with discussing anything in normal ways...it is His way
or the highway.

While it is always a good idea to not confuse the messenger with the
message, which I always try to avoid, such a "debating" style is one of
the best ways to hinder the message. It just means that you have to wade
through the insults and other brickbats to find the message.

Was there a "message" there? :-)

Oh, yes, there was:

Do everything that the PCTA extras say to do. Swear allegiance to
the ARRL and for everything it stands for. Insult everyone and every-
thing that deviates from that divine and noble viewpoint. No deviates
allowed! That's the ticket!

Never ever admit to PCTA extra Double Standards. None exist in
the PCTA extra hypocritical imagination. Follow the PCTA extra
orders and directives explicitly...for they are ultra-pure and always
right.

Gotta love it! Far better than a defunct 30-years-ago TV show!

Old January 21st 05, 01:46 AM
Mike Coslo

Len Anderson wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

K4YZ wrote:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

I'm TRYING to argue against the morse code test. You are

trying

to squelch such arguments by misdirection into defamation of

any

who are against the morse code test.

Hmm, you possibly could:

Start a Morse code thread

I have.

Actually, in most cases, you take threas on other topics and try
to insert a Morse Code redirect.

Like every thread in the group.

I wonder what the difference is between the rest of us having a
conversation, where the topic drifts a bit, as they are wont to do, and
just about every post that Len makes, which attempts to veer the topic
to Morse testing?

You can always talk about DEFUNCT 30-year-past TV shows.

Yes indeed. Kinda fun at times.

That has NOTHING to do with ham radio. Won't ruffle your overly
sensitive "feathers," will it?

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Question:

Do you oppose time honored traditions such as "rag chewing"? Same thing.

Won't be about AMATEUR RADIO at all, but then what you really
want is a nice little cozy Chat Room where you be all gemutlich
in talking about whatever you PCTA extras want...and then you
can make nasty to anyone who objects to all the non-ham-radio
talk. You "own" this newsgroup because you are in it, right?

What an odd statement about a Usenet newsgroup.

People don't want to discuss Morse Code testing anymore because
most people (those who read something OTHER than their own work...)
know that the issue is moot at this point. Nothing else stated in this
forum will change Federal policy.

Right.

"Right" what?

Right, SIR!......? 8^)

Tsk. Since you can't get others' opinions they way YOU like them,
or that of the PCTA extras, you want to make more nasty?

I haven't started making "nasty" to begin with, as far as I can see.

Tell me what I am doing that is making "nasty", and I'll see if I can
modify it so it doesn't displease you.

Try to refrain from the pejoratives

Sorry. Someone insults me, I give 'em back lots more.

Yet another monumental lie.

Neither Jim Miccolis nor Mike Coslo do anything of the kind, yet
you pour it over Jim like molasses, and you've started in on Mike.

I noticed that! 8^)

Awwww. Feeling hurt and agreeing with that wonderful Avenging
Angle of Dearth who loves to use Yiddish pejoratives in "signing
off" to others he no like?

Hey, sometimes I agree with you!

Tsk. Poor spoiled little babies. Can't make the world in your
imagined images.

I have yet to see Mike refr to you by anything other than your
expressed preferred names.

Remember, I did call him Lennie once. But he didn't like that, so I
went to calling him Len. My bad!

You should get "Yiddish for Dummies" and study it. That way you
can call your newsgroup opponents by four-letter names that
no one (you think) will understand...because you probably don't
understant Yiddish either.

I understand a little Yiddish. I don''t call people four letter names
though.

Thanks for proving my point right here in THIS post (as if I would
have had to wait long anyway.....)

(UNSNIP)...I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

And they just got a prime example of why everyone else in this
newsgoup is justified in their opinion of you and why you are a
disreputable liar.

Thanks.

Wow! "Disreputable liar" is NOT a pejorative! :-)

ummm....

[...]

ummm...... Gee, are you sure you shouldn't have addressed your post to
Steve

[...]

Hey, a comment on my part of the post! Kewl! You read his post
completely different than I did.

[...]

One thing for sure. I am starting to have a harder and harder time
following you! But keep at it, and I'm sure I'll eventually catch up. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 21st 05, 02:48 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

K4YZ wrote:
Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:
I'm TRYING to argue against the morse code test. You are
trying to squelch such arguments by misdirection into defamation of
any who are against the morse code test.

That's simply not true. K0HB, K2ASP, and K2UNK are all against the Morse Code
test. Yet neither KB3EIA nor I "defame" any of them. (There are many more
examples)

Unless simple disagreement constitutes defamation.

Hmm, you possibly could:

Start a Morse code thread

I have.

Actually, in most cases, you take threas on other topics and try
to insert a Morse Code redirect.

Like every thread in the group.

I wonder what the difference is between the rest of us having a
conversation, where the topic drifts a bit, as they are wont to do, and
just about every post that Len makes, which attempts to veer the topic
to Morse testing?

No problem there. The interesting thing is that Len also wanders all over the
map of topics as well.

People don't want to discuss Morse Code testing anymore because
most people (those who read something OTHER than their own work...)
know that the issue is moot at this point. Nothing else stated in this
forum will change Federal policy.

Right.

Some if not all of us are simply waiting for the next step. There are almost 20
proposals before FCC. We may see even more - I could write one myself! (So
could anyone else, of course).

FCC will probably put them all together into an NPRM, ask for comments, etc.
That cycle will probably take at least a year, cosidering how long 98-143 took
(it appeared in mid-1998, reply comments closed in early 1999, and the rules
changes were announced late in 1999, becoming effective in April 2000). At that
rate, if FCC announced a restructuring NPRM tomorrow, we might see a decision
about June of 2006 and changes (if any) effective later that year.

Just an educated guess on my part.

Try to refrain from the pejoratives

Sorry. Someone insults me, I give 'em back lots more.

Len uses pejoratives regardless of whether anyone has used them on him.

It would be interesting to go back in Google and find out who called who what,
and when....

[...]

Mike, here's how it works:

Len believes in group guilt. Works like this:

Steve calls Len a putz. Repeatedly.
Steve is a PCTA Extra who posts to rrap.
Other PCTA Extras who post to rrap have not stopped Steve from calling Len a
putz. Some have asked Steve to stop calling Len a putz, but Steve has refused,
and still calls Len a putz. Repeatedly.

Therefore, (in Len's mind), all PCTA Extras who post to rrap are guilty of
calling Len a putz. And Len thinks himself justified in calling all PCTA Extras
who post to rrap any name he wants. Including "Nazi".

It does not matter to Len whether the other PCTA Extras who post to rrap have
actually ever called Len a putz. Nor does it matter to Len if they agree or
disagree with Steve calling Len a putz. To Len, all PCTA Extras who post to
rrap are guilty of calling Len a putz.

See how it works?

Some (not me) might argue that if someone is going to pronounced guilty of
calling Len a putz, then they might as well call Len a putz in reality.

But I don't buy that argument at all. I've never called Len a putz, despite all
the names he's called me. I don't recall you ever calling Len a putz either,
Mike.

Personally, I disagree with calling Len or anybody else on rrap a putz. Or a
Nazi, jackbooted thug, elitist, or other pejorative names or diminutives.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

You are WRONG.

I think you're dead-on right, Mike.

IF Mike had been wrong, you would have continued to address
him with out the insulting diminutives and "endearments".

The PCTA just can't take opposing views
on the morse code test.

Sure we can. Ask K0HB, K2UNK, K2ASP, to name just a few.

They get so very bitchy and angry
and demand to get all who argue against the retention that it
becomes a repeated comedy of brainwashing phrases by them.

Now let's see...who acts the most "bitchy and angry" in here?

[...]

Uh-oh. Now we're all guilty (in Len's mind). Again.

You have a point there, Steve. It is hard to convince a person that
your argument is correct when you dish out abuse with your argument. one
is always tempted to disregard all the good parts of the argument with
the bad.

And that's true on both sides!

While it is always a good idea to not confuse the messenger with the
message, which I always try to avoid, such a "debating" style is one of
the best ways to hinder the message. It just means that you have to wade
through the insults and other brickbats to find the message.

The problem is that even if you ignore the insults and brickbats, you don't
really get any meaningful responses from Len. For example, Len previously
stated (in the context of US amateur radio license numbers) that:

"All licensees are perfectly legal to continue operating in their grace
period."

Now, it was repeatedly pointed out to him that this is simply not true.

Licensees who submitted a valid renewal application before the license expired
can continue to operate, but those who did not cannot legally operate until
they submit a renewal application *and* FCC approves it.

But will Len admit his mistake? Nope. Instead, he heaps abuse and insults on
the messengers for daring to point it out.

One wonders how, or if, Len will respond to K2ASP's posts about amateur radio
supplying emergency communications for hospitals in the Pacific Northwest...

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old January 21st 05, 12:21 PM
Dave Heil

Len Anderson wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

[...]

There you have it. Len misses a couple of key phrases. I didn't write
of the "radio world", Leonard. I wrote "licensed radio amateurs" and
"amateur radio licenses".

That is
something you don't have. Ah, but I forgot--this is your week not to
desire such a license.

Tsk. There is NO requirement for newsgroup access to possess
an amateur radio license.

You're correct. Your posts here are proof of that.

Tsk, tsk. There is NO requirement for access to the FCC requiring
an amateur radio license in order to comment on amateur radio
matters.

You've commented to the FCC.

You make such fanciful imaginings, then pretend that whoever you
are trying to impugn really does what you say.

Something like that, Leonard, old boy. I just imagine that you have no
amateur radio license and *poof*, it comes to pass--you really have no
amateur radio license.

Seriously? You don't enjoy tweaking people?

The "tweaking" is easy for me to do. Most of the postings I do
simply "write themselves." :-)

...and they have that look. :-) :-)

Poor baby. Never made much money writing for money?

What does that have to do with your output? You'd think a professional
writer would be embarrassed by some of the style and substance errors
you make.

Oh, that's RIGHT...you are an AMATEUR and don't desire to
make money!

How you drift! I enjoy making money, Leonard. I don't make money for
operating an amateur radio station. You're a former professional. You
can't make any money operating an amateur radio station. You see, we
have something in common. Do you have an amateur radio station?

My apologies at forgetting your lofty, noble
attitudes...your attitude got hidden in all that "superiority."

Apology accepted.

You seem to forget that I've had a long career of working in electronics.
Electrons (in electronics) do NOT get influenced by human desires.

Have you noticed that your posts here have about the same effect upon
readers of r.r.a.p? Almost no one has been influenced by your human
desires as pertain to amateur radio.

Haven't you noticed that YOU are NOT winning any points in here,
heavenly fodder?

No, I haven't.

All you seem to be doing is being nasty to anyone who comments
about anything in here. :-)

"Leo's" been commenting about "anything" in here recently. I'm not
"being nasty" to "Leo". Hans has commented about "anything" in here.
I'm not being nasty to Hans. Besides, you've admitted to "making
nasty". Aren't you being just a tad two-faced? :-) :-)

The odd part of human nature is that the PCTA extras think that all
must follow Their rules, obey them, etc., and some get quite
fanciful in imagining the "motivations" of the NCTA.

One of more odd bits of human nature has you attributing beliefs to all
PCTA Extras as if we all had the exact same thoughts and experiences.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...not "EXACT," heavenly fodder. :-)

There you have it, Foghorn.

Incorrect. Your speculation is nonsense.

You forget that many more readers follow what goes on in here.
They, too, can see/read the propaganda nonsense about the
nobility and efficacy of morse code and the alleged "necessity"
of the amateur radio morse code test. Those readers need a bit
of boost on the reasons AGAINST it. Myself and others have
presented opposing reasons for that code test.

Wow! Talk about speculation! How about it, lurking, never-posting
readers of r.r.a.p? Let us know if you support the self-appointed
advocate for morse code test removal of the group. Tell us if you
believe his method is effective. Let us hear if you have been swayed by
his posts.

You should really leave the polling to the ARRL. That would get
you biased results that would make you proud. :-)

Maybe you should explain why I should leave informal polling of an
internet newsgroup to the ARRL. I'm still waiting to view the
outpouring of support you receive from the lurker element here.

Are you making some sort of Quixotic sacrifice in a Usenet
newsgroup in an attempt to eliminate Morse code testing?

No. If you will bother to read the 18 petitions at the FCC you
would see that it isn't some Cervantes fictional character
exercise...but, some of the proponents of the code test are
indeed human windmills whirling in dead air.

That's the same kind of charm you turned on for a couple of your
submissions to the Commission. Do you think your words swayed anyone
there or might they have thought you a crackpot?

Oooooo! You are now a PR Judge as well? :-)

Yeah, and a pretty darned good one. :-) :-)

Funny you should mention "crackpot" but then I guess it takes one
to think all his "enemies" are like that...

Are you my enemy, Len? I believed you were just a run of the mill
crackpot.

All the arguments are old and we've heard them a lot. From both sides.

Poor baby. You seem distressed. Or perhaps your lordship
wishes better entertainment?

Are you trying to sway him to accepting your view, Len? Do you think
your comment above has been effective?

Tsk. It's better than repeated calls of "Putz" on his person. :-)

Sure is. I've seen no indication that Mike is a putz. :-)

Here is a suggestion for your lordship: Use your amateur radio
license and operate your mighty transceiver on the air instead of
accessing this newsgroup. Chat with other human beings (or what
passes for same).

Do you think your charm offensive is working, Leonard?

No, but then it isn't the blatently OFFENSIVE attitude you have...

There it is, an admission from you that your tactics don't work.

Or, your lordship could take the lead and open up a real Chat Room
all about morse code on amateur radio and how wonderful it is and
that morsemanship should be done by all the "superior" beings. You
could develop a real following and become a Name in Chat Room
circles, get known, develop a "rep." Or even a website where you
could post "awards" given by the certificate makers and praise
yourself for being so damn good.

You're outdoing yourself. What panache! What skill!

Ah, but the words are TRUE...and that makes you ANGRY.

Those words you wrote--they're true? Really? I'm angry? Really?
I'm awfully sorry, Len, they aren't true and I'm not angry.

Well, word-wise, you are still an AMATEUR.

Word-wise? Do you consider yourself a PROFESSIONAL, word-wise? :-)

This is NOT a "Chat Room" for idle gossip and cracker-barrel
philosophy by a few regulars who have grown overly full of themselves.

You're a regular, Len.

I've been a regular Len since I was first named.

Oh, I don't believe that. There's something that sets you apart from
any other Len I've ever encountered. That aside, you ARE a regular here
and you seem full of yourself and there's seemingly no end to your
homespun views of the motivations of others.

If my regularity isn't up to par, I just drop in here for some equivalent
Ex-Lax. Does the job every time. :-)

Apparently, it does not. :-)

Even though they think they own the place (and can therefore dictate
who gets to sit in), they don't. True. They don't even when their
feathers get very ruffled by opposing opinions. (poor things...)

Do your feathers get ruffled by opposing opinions?

Don't have feathers, heavenly fodder.

Then what makes you believe that others who post here have feathers?

If I did, it wouldn't bother me.

If you had feathers, it wouldn't bother me either.

THAT is what galls you, isn't it?

That you don't have feathers?

You should really see a health professional to have all that gall
removed.

Is this about the feathers thing?

They are stuffed and over-stuffed. Some go to
the bursting point. Two former PCTA extras in here may have
done just that. Other PCTA extras are expected to follow.

Your words about the dead are a tribute to your personal magnetism.

Tsk. I didn't say anything about the "dead."

Then why not tell us to whom you referred? Who are the two former PCTA
Extras?

If I would speak of the "dead" that would be a short form for
"dead-brained," that attribute of all those AMATEURS who insist
that the morse code test must be kept forever and ever.

But a guy who isn't a participant in amateur radio and who decrees that
morse code testing in amateur radio should be eliminated--he's not
"dead-brained"?

Perhaps you should go to Church more often...such as to the
Church of St. Hiram, the patron saint of Newington. There you
could mass with other morsemen and celebrate the mode in
chorus with a heavenly choir. Wash your brain regularly lest all
the old, tired, trite cliches' fall out. By all means, exercise your
morsemanship regularly to be ready for the Second Coming of
Aliens so you can defeat them via morse code and thereby
Save the World. After all, you are "superior" through morse code.

Yes, Len, your people skills rival those of Carl. Yessir, you really
have Mike on the verge of changing his mind. I'm sure the throng of
lurkers is cheering wildly.

Tsk. Another bout of Nasties from the Dale Carneige drop-out.

Wouldn't I have to drop in before I could drop out?

"Carl" who? The pro in electronics who helped change S25.5 by
going to Geneva, Switzerland, for WRC-03? That "Carl" is also
an Amateur Extra.

That's the guy. He liked using the "Nazi" and "jackbooted thug" terms
too.

Trouble is, he is an NCTA and that REALLY
gets your robes flying, heavenly fodder.

Robes? What robes, Foghorn?

Tsk, tsk, fewer and fewer are swearing by the words of ARRL and
rather swearing AT the code propaganda of the ARRL. You poor
self-righteous olde-tymers are soon going to lose your bragging
rights about morsemanship being essential to your self-important
rank/status/privilege in U.S. amateur radio.

Are you related to Barbara Boxer?

NOBODY is kissing your ring, heavenly fodder. They aren't even
bothering to tell you to kiss their posterior either. One can't swear
effectively to so much QRM from the PCTA extra bull pen. Just
noise. Self-righteous noise about their nobility and devotion to some
imaginary "service." Tsk.

You really do rant like one of the homeless.

Dave K8MN

PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 18 September 24th 05 04:34 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 14 June 14th 04 07:52 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 0 June 13th 04 06:01 PM
Parabolic dish gives weak performance increase Uncle Peter Antenna 12 May 14th 04 02:54 AM
PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 0 November 28th 03 03:26 AM