Old September 9th 05, 01:22 AM
Mike Coslo

Michael Coslo wrote:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

I ridicule many things.

Bravo!

You do too!

I don't make fun of other people's religious faith.

So what? Is a persons faith a sacred cow? Should Mormons (the men of
course) be allowed to marry as many women as they want?

Are religious radicals sacred?

Okay, let me make fun of atheists.....

Q. What is the worst part about being an atheist?

A. No one to talk to during Orgasm.....

So where do we stop, Brian?

Has it started?

Oh absolutely.

Is it when they call for the government to
assassinate the leader of a country that they don't like?

Is that when they called to assassinate Bush Sr's life?

No it wasn't. It was when Pat Robertson called for the US to assassinate
Chavez. I'm not talking about politicos, I'm talking about religious
leaders.

Chavez should file charges. Let due process work. BTW, that due
process was set up by evil religious people.

Ummm, where?

Clinton sent a
couple of missiles into an emply office building to show that you can't
just go around threatening the President.

Is it when

they call for holy war?

Yeh, I think we should draw the line at Jihad.

There ya go!

Bravo! I was wondering if you were racist and only hated WASP's that
call for Jihad.

Where do you get this stuff Brian? I don't like any religion that tries
to impress it's beliefs on others, that engages in killing in the name
of God, and in general allows people of "faith" to use that faith to
cause harm.

Is it when they launch inquisitions?

Saddam confessed to crimes.

Not Saddam. But religious leaders have often had purges, inquisitions,
and the like.

Those damned religious people. I wonder if non-religious people have
ever committed atrocities.

Oh yes! Only not as many as are given Gods supposed sanction.

Kill people

in the name of an Exorcism? Is it when a Catholic priest is expelled

from the UAR after serving a jail sentence for the crime of evangelizing

without a permit? Is it when the preacher stands in the pulpit and
declares that if you vote for a certain political party, you have to
leave the church? And in my own case, where the local fundies put such a
stranglehold on the school system that not only is evolution not taught
at all, but that no teaching about any dinosaurs or any animal that
didn't live in modern time was taught or discussed.

Abuses in publice education? Couldn't be.

Yup. In the name of religion.

Which religion?

Many of 'em

Public education is the grand indoctrination that our children receive
from the left.

Yeah, I keep hearing that. My experience has been otherwise. The far
right controlled education and what we learned in my little burg.

Keep blaming everything on liberals. It's almost as easy as religion.

...as blaming on religion? You tell me.

My "sex ed" class
consisted of one session of naming of various STDs, and that was it.
That is it. less than an hour. I've seen the other side, and it isn't
pretty.

What did your parent's tell you?

Nutthin.

OIC. You blame religion for not teaching you things that your parents
are responsible for teaching you, but when your parents fall down on
the job, it's still the religious people who are blamed. You're double
standard is multi-faceted.

I gotta repeat, where do you get this stuff?

I got my education at the public library, reading the books
that the far right wanted the library to get rid of. It was nice of them
to give out the titles though.

Gay stuff? Recently, one upstanding citizen removed all of the
"alternative lifestyle" free newspapers from the lobby of a public
library. Said he didn't want his children to have to walk past it.

Where do you get this stuff Brian? Not one piece of literature I read
was anything anywhere near Gay stuff.

There is one problem with religious tolerance, and that is that many
religions have no concept of tolerance themselves.

Fine. It's called seperation of Church and State. We have that and
more. As rights are denied to Christians, the pendulum begins to swing
the other way.

Problem is that what some Christians consider their right, is to deprive
others of their rights.

Odd. I just reread the Bill of Rights, and I see no right to sex
education. For that matter, I see no right to education at all. As
such, it is a parental obligation to educate you or to pay to have you
educated.

Where do you get this stuff Brian? Who is talking about the bill of
rights? But if you wanna ask questions, is there something in the Bill
of rights about banning literature that is not indecent?

I've been in a religion controlled community. I know how they act when
they are allowed to.

Get out.

I did.

Lock up people who make threats against other people and quit whining
to me about it.

I have no idea what you mean here

Robertson vs Chavez.

Aren't you supposed to be an educated man?

Supposed to be. Didn't find out about a lot of things that I should
have known until after I graduated High School.

- Mike KB3EIA -

You weren't supposed to learn everything in high school. That's why we
have colleges. Know anyone who's living depends on other people
thinking there's more to learn?

So it's okay to have forbidden knowledge?

Some issues may not be appropriate to teach in public school. For
example, I draw the line at "intro to Jihad," "intro to bomb making,"
and "intro to the combustible properties of effigies of the President
of the USA."

Meanwhile, I trust that your personal oddysey into human sexual
intercourse education was a success?

Dinosaurs are dangerous? What
threat does a dinosaur have to religion?

Don't know - never seen one. Never seen God, for what that's worth.

Life is a life-long learning experience. Learn something today.

Always do!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Hey, Joslyn Elders advocated teaching masturbation to school children.
You should look her up. You guys might make a dynamic duo on the sex
ed scene.

Good one Brian! Okay, I'll let you have the last word on this exchange now.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 9th 05, 02:35 AM
an_old_friend

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

cut

Why no, Brian, I've never tired of being an A-1 Op. Do you tire of
being one?

I have no certificate from Hiram, suitable for framing. But I do take
pride in my station, my signal, and my operating abilities.

That is admirable.

More than that, it's highly recommended.

And if I
were aware that French hams were out of band, I wouldn't be completing
circuits for them nor sending them QSL cards.

It is your right to do so.

Actually, I consider it an obligation.

You may research the band allocations for
each and every DX station you hear, before you actually call them or
respond to them.

Why should I do that? The case in point, your case, was one of French
amateur working completely outside the French Amateur Authorizations by
several *hundred* kilohertz.

But as a matter of record, I have suggested to you several years ago
that you learn the authorizations of the DX countries that you need, so
you'll at least know where to NOT look for them.

It will assuredly cut down on the number of contacts
your make, especially in a contest or pileup situation.

Hi! An out of band contest!!! You crack me up. Not even CQ Magazine
would go for that one!

You should also
bear in mind that nothing in the regulations under which you operate,
mandates that you do so.

Many things are not in the regulations. None-the-less, you should
abide by "Good Amateur Practice." Riley says it's enforceable, and
you're back in America now.

You are responsible for making sure that your
own signal is where it is supposed to be.

Indeed I am. But that completely misses the case in point, your case.

Dave is good at evading the point and talking about everything in sight
and beyond but the point at hand

If any station I've ever
worked was where he was not supposed to be, he'd likely not be able to
show off a treasured QSL from a rare station which read the exact
frequency of operation (i.e. 50.115 MHz).

Fair enough. But many DXers merely put down the band. But you're not
many DXers. You have trouble enough being just one.

Additionally, you can check on the web or by using a callsign database,
to be certain that each domestic station you might contact is where he
or she is supposed to be under the terms of his or her license.

Again you evade the case in point. Your case. You didn't just work
hams outside their license class, you were working hams that were
hundreds of kilohertz outside their countries 6M authorization.

Finally, there is nothing in the regs which makes you responsible for my
station operation either here in the United States, in Tanzania or in
any other country.

If I know that you are operating out of band, you can rest assured that
I won't complete the circuit, and you won't be getting one of my QSL
cards.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Dave K8MN

I'm convinced more than ever that given the opportunity to work yet
more out of band Frenchmen, you'd go for it again.

Old September 9th 05, 02:40 AM
an_old_friend

Mike Coslo wrote:
wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

I ridicule many things.

Bravo!

You do too!

I don't make fun of other people's religious faith.

So what? Is a persons faith a sacred cow? Should Mormons (the men of
course) be allowed to marry as many women as they want?

As many as they want? maybe not, as many as they can convince to marry
sure, why not?

why should polygamy be banned? why for that matter shoudl polyandry be
banned?

Are religious radicals sacred?

Okay, let me make fun of atheists.....

Q. What is the worst part about being an atheist?

A. No one to talk to during Orgasm.....

So where do we stop, Brian?

Has it started?

Oh absolutely.

Is it when they call for the government to
assassinate the leader of a country that they don't like?

Is that when they called to assassinate Bush Sr's life?

No it wasn't. It was when Pat Robertson called for the US to assassinate
Chavez. I'm not talking about politicos, I'm talking about religious
leaders.

Chavez should file charges. Let due process work. BTW, that due
process was set up by evil religious people.

Ummm, where?

Not sure wher Pat is a resident, but in the state where Pat lives is a
good place to start

Clinton sent a
couple of missiles into an emply office building to show that you can't
just go around threatening the President.

Is it when

they call for holy war?

Yeh, I think we should draw the line at Jihad.

There ya go!

Bravo! I was wondering if you were racist and only hated WASP's that
call for Jihad.

Where do you get this stuff Brian? I don't like any religion that tries
to impress it's beliefs on others, that engages in killing in the name
of God, and in general allows people of "faith" to use that faith to
cause harm.

indeed then you are much a fan of Cristain beliefs then I take it
cut

Old September 9th 05, 07:53 AM
K4YZ

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
wrote:

I don't make fun of other people's religious faith.

So what? Is a persons faith a sacred cow? Should Mormons (the men of
course) be allowed to marry as many women as they want?

As many as they want? maybe not, as many as they can convince to marry
sure, why not?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh...it's against the law.

why should polygamy be banned? why for that matter shoudl polyandry be
banned?

Let's start of with inability to support the extended family for
one.

The number one problem in polygamy-prone communities is abject
poverty. Follow that with chronic medical problems associated with
in-breeding.

So where do we stop, Brian?

Has it started?

Oh absolutely.

Is it when they call for the government to
assassinate the leader of a country that they don't like?

Is that when they called to assassinate Bush Sr's life?

No it wasn't. It was when Pat Robertson called for the US to assassinate
Chavez. I'm not talking about politicos, I'm talking about religious
leaders.

Chavez should file charges. Let due process work. BTW, that due
process was set up by evil religious people.

Ummm, where?

Not sure wher Pat is a resident, but in the state where Pat lives is a
good place to start

Guess you missed the point, Markie...

I am sure the "evil religious people" he was refring to were the
Founding Fathers who took it upon themselves to put ambiguous language
about "seperation of church and state" in the Constitution, however
liberally sprinkle "relgion" throughout the political process.

Bravo! I was wondering if you were racist and only hated WASP's that
call for Jihad.

Where do you get this stuff Brian? I don't like any religion that tries
to impress it's beliefs on others, that engages in killing in the name
of God, and in general allows people of "faith" to use that faith to
cause harm.

indeed then you are much a fan of Cristain beliefs then I take it

"Christian" "than"

There's not a one of the major religions that does not preach
"love, tolerance and understading" that does not subsequently turn
around and use overt and covert violence in order to perpetuate its
doctrine or control at some point.

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 9th 05, 11:33 AM

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
wrote:

why should polygamy be banned? why for that matter
shoudl polyandry be banned?

Let's start of with inability to support the extended family for
one.

Why would that be a concern? We don't prevent people from having
lots of kids they cannot afford.

Many if not most families-with-children I know have all the adults
working outside the home. Having more adults available
would make things easier, not harder.

The number one problem in polygamy-prone communities is abject
poverty.

But is that due to the polygamy, or due to other factors such as
rejection by the mainstream culture?

Follow that with chronic medical problems associated with in-
breeding.

That's a problem caused by marrying too-close relatives, not
polygamy or polyandry.

The reason such arrangements are against the law is that our
society has decided to define "marriage" as one woman and one man
joined in a legally-sanctioned way, protected by the laws of the
various levels of government.

There's nothing to prevent a multi-spouse arrangement, as long as
those involved don't demand government sanction and protection.

I am sure the "evil religious people" he was refring to were the
Founding Fathers who took it upon themselves to put ambiguous language
about "seperation of church and state" in the Constitution, however
liberally sprinkle "relgion" throughout the political process.

Where?

Most of the Founders were Deists. They also cherished religious liberty
and did not want churches to be supported by tax dollars.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 9th 05, 03:05 PM
K4YZ

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
wrote:

why should polygamy be banned? why for that matter
shoudl polyandry be banned?

Let's start of with inability to support the extended family for
one.

Why would that be a concern? We don't prevent people from having
lots of kids they cannot afford.

How many families of 20 or more children do you know of in
Pennsylvania, Jim?

Many if not most families-with-children I know have all the adults
working outside the home. Having more adults available
would make things easier, not harder.

But these guys don't LET the women work...They are expected to
stay at home and multiply...Period.

The number one problem in polygamy-prone communities is abject
poverty.

But is that due to the polygamy, or due to other factors such as
rejection by the mainstream culture?

Uhhhhhhhhhh.........How many families with more than three or four
kids do you know of that "lives well", Jim?

Follow that with chronic medical problems associated with in-
breeding.

That's a problem caused by marrying too-close relatives, not
polygamy or polyandry.

Most of the polygamy colonies in Utah are fiercely close and shun
outsiders, Jim. Where's the fresh DNA come from?

The reason such arrangements are against the law is that our
society has decided to define "marriage" as one woman and one man
joined in a legally-sanctioned way, protected by the laws of the
various levels of government.

And part of the reason they have done this is to prevent
intra-family breeding.

There's nothing to prevent a multi-spouse arrangement, as long as
those involved don't demand government sanction and protection.

Common sense and the health and welfare of the children will
prevent it, Jim.

I am sure the "evil religious people" he was refring to were the
Founding Fathers who took it upon themselves to put ambiguous language
about "seperation of church and state" in the Constitution, however
liberally sprinkle "relgion" throughout the political process.

Where?

Start with your folding money.

Most of the Founders were Deists. They also cherished religious liberty
and did not want churches to be supported by tax dollars.

As well they shouldn't. However Christian principles were the
basis for most of thier beliefs and were codified into early American
law.

Who among them could have foretold the silliness that prevails in
today's "religious" pursuits?

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 9th 05, 05:26 PM
an_old_friend

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
wrote:

I don't make fun of other people's religious faith.

So what? Is a persons faith a sacred cow? Should Mormons (the men of
course) be allowed to marry as many women as they want?

As many as they want? maybe not, as many as they can convince to marry
sure, why not?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh...it's against the law.

so what? that law is wrong indeed I think the morman could get it
struck down as unconstitutional using much the same approuch as the gay
right folks in striking at Amendment 2 in CO an the anti sodomy law of
TX

We see here your weakness shows up in the Code issue but dominates your
life

Nothing may ever be allowed to change

why should polygamy be banned? why for that matter shoudl polyandry be
banned?

Let's start of with inability to support the extended family for
one.

if that is the issue you add an ecomonic test to the maaraige system,

The number one problem in polygamy-prone communities is abject
poverty. Follow that with chronic medical problems associated with
in-breeding.

no one said anything about striking down other laws about cousins and
stuff like that

more of Stevie as a religous bigot

further by what right do you dictate the level of economics in a
counouity

Utah before the banning of Polygamy was a stable reasonably properous
splace, the towns where they practive it now out of sight lack the
resources to support themselve wether mongamy or polygamy is rule

cut

Chavez should file charges. Let due process work. BTW, that due
process was set up by evil religious people.

Ummm, where?

Not sure wher Pat is a resident, but in the state where Pat lives is a
good place to start

Guess you missed the point, Markie...

not at all

cut
Bravo! I was wondering if you were racist and only hated WASP's that
call for Jihad.

Where do you get this stuff Brian? I don't like any religion that tries
to impress it's beliefs on others, that engages in killing in the name
of God, and in general allows people of "faith" to use that faith to
cause harm.

indeed then you are much a fan of Cristain beliefs then I take it

"Christian" "than"

cut speeling cop
Steve, K4YZ

Old September 10th 05, 01:27 AM

Mike Coslo wrote:
wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

[...]

You begin by talking specifics about why the bible is for fools, then
you back out to generalities about all religions, carry a chip on your
shoulder for not getting what you wanted out of a public education, and
now you bail.

I can see that you're a deep thinker when it comes to discussing other
people's faith, having none of your own. Congrats.