Old July 12th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This Really Sucks

That is very true............I e-mailed WBBM and never got a response. Last
year, I actually phoned Ibiquity and was referred to an e-mail link.
Somebody did respond, extolling the qualities of IBOC. When I asked that
person how this system was going to be able to deal with evening
propagation, I never got a response.

Pete

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

Old July 12th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Neither WBBM, WTMJ, not WGN seemed to care. First hand experience, since I
am one of the people who contacted them, letting them know that they had
lost a listener. They don't care. They are too busy putting on appearances,
being "with it".

Pete

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:03:33 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

You are an idiot. I don't know a real broadcaster on the planet who
reacts with indifference when told his signal is getting trashed and
that he has lost a listener.

If they are out of the metro (MSA), we don't care. There is no money in
out of market audience.

Old July 12th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', since c.2000 wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

The statement, in the context of the Super Session at NAB where I said
it,
meant to focus on individulal listener needs, not perceived "groups" of
listeners. Program to the listener one by one, and you will get the
groups
of listeners because the groups are made up of individuals. When I am
training announcers, as I also mentioned at NAB, I often tell them to put
up
a picture of a typical listener... maybe cut out of a picture from a
station
event... and speak to that person as if they were the only listener.

Now you get it?

Yep, I got your spin, oh fake one.

Go to the NAB website and you can order the full session on CD. It is the
September, 2004 San Diego NAB radio convention, and all sessions are
available on CD. Before you hurl any more ignorant statements, listen to the
panel and you will see that this is exactly what I said.

Why would I want to listen to any more of your BS? I get enough of it here
already.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 12th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Neither WBBM, WTMJ, not WGN seemed to care. First hand experience, since I
am one of the people who contacted them, letting them know that they had
lost a listener. They don't care. They are too busy putting on appearances,
being "with it".

That explains part of it then, 'Eduardo' is just trying to be 'hip'.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 12th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Go to the NAB website and you can order the full session on CD. It is the
September, 2004 San Diego NAB radio convention, and all sessions are
available on CD. Before you hurl any more ignorant statements, listen to
the
panel and you will see that this is exactly what I said.

Why would I want to listen to any more of your BS? I get enough of it here
already.

In other words, the truth would make you have to retract your silly
statements, so you will have no part of it.

Old July 12th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo' since c.2000 and paid shill for
Univision/iBiquity wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Go to the NAB website and you can order the full session on CD. It is the
September, 2004 San Diego NAB radio convention, and all sessions are
available on CD. Before you hurl any more ignorant statements, listen to
the
panel and you will see that this is exactly what I said.

Why would I want to listen to any more of your BS? I get enough of it here
already.

In other words, the truth would make you have to retract your silly
statements, so you will have no part of it.

No, I get enough of your BS here already.

Pay attention, dip****.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 12th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default lazy ace

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

.com...
In article , "Pete
KE9OA" wrote:

Snip

There is no excuse for the junk that IBOC puts out on the
sidebands. It is a poor excuse of a system. On my current job, we
are designing the next generation of VHF/UHF land mobile
equipment. One of the measurements I make are ACCP (adjacent
channel couple power). It has to be well below a level that could
interfere with adjacent channel users. Apparently, either the IBOC
folks never heard of a vector signal analyzer, don't know how to
use it, or they just didn't care when they launched their inferior
system.

It is a bad way to go to trash the existing broadcast system in
order to introduce another new system. They should have used
another band or segregated the existing band. I don't think much of
the IBOC in any event. If you are going to trash all the existing
radios out there in the world I would want a better payoff in new
technology than what IBOC represents.

Existing radios are 100% compatible, on both FM and AM.

The way AM and FM are listened to today, there is no loss by adding
HD as an alternative to analog.

Sorry David, IBOC is compatible, but not 100%, as the analog sidebands
are limited and adjacent channels have interference by the digital
sidebands. Some people including myself do not agree that the existing
level of compatibility is acceptable. If it was 100% nobody would be
complaining about it. You have well explained the radio
station/marketing perspective on this but that does not change the
listening experience, which has limitations placed on it by IBOC over
the existing long time analog transmission scheme.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 13th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Digital = death

Old July 13th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

The digital alternative may well be the doom of AM radio. No one will
pay to listen to a slightly inferior version of FM.

Digital=Death

Don't worry, Edweenie will be around shortly to amuse us with even more
astounding BS about HD/IBOC.

Old July 13th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
The digital alternative may well be the doom of AM radio. No one will
pay to listen to a slightly inferior version of FM.

Pay? there is no fee.

Buy the radio, no further fee. Get the radio, get far improved quality.

I will bet you have not listened to HD AM either ever or recently,
especially with codec ver. 2.2.5.

Another one of my many site NIM BUSTER SUCKS! N9OGL General 0 January 27th 06 06:16 AM
AKC's gayness AKC Master Control CB 13 May 8th 04 01:52 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM